“wonderful facility, wonderful staff”

Red Roof Inn Columbus - Phenix City
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Phenix City
Clarksville, Tennessee
“wonderful facility, wonderful staff”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I came to town to settle an estate for a loved one who recently passed away and had kids, dogs, stuff all thrown into my van when I arrived in town. I stayed here because they are pet friendly and it was like coming home because I knew what to expect.
Well, my expectations were not in vain. The facilities were clean, the staff was helpful to say the least, they were sympathetic to my situation. I especially want to mention Delona and Tomica from the front desk, who went out of their way to insure our comfort and convenience while there. It's already somewhat difficult when travelling with my "entourage" but things were made so much easier thanks to caring, competent people. Thanks again and congratulations. Pam Moore

Room Tip: Let your needs by known--they will do all they can to help you
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank pdm2394
GMHIE24, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus - Phenix City, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you so much for writing us a review. It is always so nice to hear positive feedback. I will be sure to let Delona and Tomickya know the nice things you have said. They are both pretty new and are doing a great job. I would like to pass on my condolences to you and your family. Please come back and see us next time you are in the Phenix City area!

Rachel LaMar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
West Point, Georgia, United States
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Me and my friends were at this hotel about 2 weeks ago.When we first got there,it looked like a run down hotel.Once we checked in it was beautiful and the employees was wonderful especially Wanda. She was working the breakfast area.It was very busy that morning,but she still took the time to say hello and have a nice day.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. I will be sure to pass your comments onto Wanda. I know she would love to hear such great feedback. Again, I thank you and hope you come back to stay next time you are in our area. Have a wonderful day!

Apopka, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I really enjoyed my time here. Delona Martin was very helpful and she made me feel as if I could call her all night if I needed too. She welcomed me to Quality Inn with open arms, and I will be sure to return again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
GMHIE24, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus - Phenix City, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking your time out to write us a review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and Ms. Delona made you feel welcomed. I will be sure to pass your nice comments on to her. Again, I thank you and hope you come visit us again next time you are in the area. Have a wonderful day!

Gadsden, Alabama
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel. We went to brakefast alittle late but the girl Juanita was
very nice and asked if there was anything she could get for us. There was more than enough
for us to have.

At the Front Desk the girls ask if everything was alright The one was Heather and the other was Tomika. They were very nice and had a smile they didn't make me feel like I was takeing up there time. I want to thank Quality Inns for haveing girls like them.

They even took AARP another hotel in Phenix City, would not.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GMHIE24, Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus - Phenix City, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
I would like to thank you for your nice review on our hotel and employees. I will be sure to let Jaunita, Heather and Tomiyca know. I know it will make them happy to hear. We hope you come visit us again next time you are in the area.

Rachel
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I paid over 70.00 for a nonsmoking room, yet when I go to check in all they have is smoking rooms. The woman at front desk offered me a free drink at the bar because she didn't have a nonsmoking room for me. Also I killed two roaches in my room...the toilet wouldn't flush...and I was surrounded by drunk people walking everywhere.....thanks to the bar. Seems more like a truck stop hotel to me.... So if you have kids and are family oriented...don't stay here because u will find drunk people walking everywhere and cussing and everything else

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank afmil03
GMHIE24, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus - Phenix City, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
I would like to apologize for the experience you had while staying at our hotel. I will be sure to look in to these issues to ensure another guest does not have to come acroos those same problems. Thank you so much for your review!

Rachel

Travelers are raving about these Phenix City hotels

Newnan, Georgia
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Quality Inn has taken a 1960's Holiday Inn property and refurbished it into an acceptable nights stay. It was very clean and the staff was very accomodating and helpful. I was not there on a weekend night but I could recognize the problem with noise outside your room if you have a room that opens to the courtyard and the outdoor pool. The Wi-Fi was not working in the rooms. When this was reported to the front desk, he suggested that I call the 800 number listed in the in room notebook and maybe they could reboot the system. I did and that was a big mistake. After providing the City, state, hotel name, my nameand room number, I was told that they would contact the front desk and walk them through what to do. I tried to go to sleep but was awakened about 1 hour later with a call from the internet service provider, who had a very foreign accent and was told that they would send a tech out to fix the problem. About 20 minutes later I was awakened by another foreign accent that was very difficult to understand, stating that they were unable to fix this problem and would send out a tech. This time I was not so nice and told them not to call me again. I feel that this should have been handled by the hotel. Moral of the story "Don't give out your name and room number"

Room Tip: Pick a hotel with indoor corridors. It would be quieter and more secure, even though this hotel did...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
willow springs
Reviewed September 2, 2012

There were too many bugs, cockroaches, fleas etc., everywhere IN the room. I heard gun shots at night and then screeching tires in the parking lot! Duh!! The front desk never answered the phone either. Had dinner at the restaurant and they were out of baked...

Room Tip: bugs awful IN room. Front desk NEVER answered phone, for wake up call, information, anything.... hea...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank magncas
GMHIE24, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus - Phenix City, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. I regret that you had these types of problems. I will be sure to look into these issues immediately. We take pride in a clean hotel and exceptional customer service. I apologize if we fell below your expectations during this particular stay. I am not certain on your stay dates or the room you were in. If you wouldn't mind I would like to get more information from you. You may contact me here at the hotel or by email. My email address is: rachel@mhgrp.net.

Once again, I do apologize for the problems you experienced and I can assure you this is not of the norm here at the Quality Inn.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Phenix City
Value Place Columbus Bldg. 2
Columbus Marriott
Columbus Marriott
#15 of 46 in Columbus

Been to Red Roof Inn Columbus - Phenix City? Share your experiences!