“My time well spent..” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Phenix City
Apopka, Florida, United States
“My time well spent..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I really enjoyed my time here. Delona Martin was very helpful and she made me feel as if I could call her all night if I needed too. She welcomed me to Quality Inn with open arms, and I will be sure to return again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMHIE24, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus - Phenix City, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking your time out to write us a review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and Ms. Delona made you feel welcomed. I will be sure to pass your nice comments on to her. Again, I thank you and hope you come visit us again next time you are in the area. Have a wonderful day!

Rachel LaMar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Gadsden, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel. We went to brakefast alittle late but the girl Juanita was
very nice and asked if there was anything she could get for us. There was more than enough
for us to have.

At the Front Desk the girls ask if everything was alright The one was Heather and the other was Tomika. They were very nice and had a smile they didn't make me feel like I was takeing up there time. I want to thank Quality Inns for haveing girls like them.

They even took AARP another hotel in Phenix City, would not.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMHIE24, Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus - Phenix City, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
I would like to thank you for your nice review on our hotel and employees. I will be sure to let Jaunita, Heather and Tomiyca know. I know it will make them happy to hear. We hope you come visit us again next time you are in the area.

Rachel
Huntsville, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

I paid over 70.00 for a nonsmoking room, yet when I go to check in all they have is smoking rooms. The woman at front desk offered me a free drink at the bar because she didn't have a nonsmoking room for me. Also I killed two roaches in my room...the toilet wouldn't flush...and I was surrounded by drunk people walking everywhere.....thanks to the bar. Seems more like a truck stop hotel to me.... So if you have kids and are family oriented...don't stay here because u will find drunk people walking everywhere and cussing and everything else

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank afmil03
GMHIE24, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus - Phenix City, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
I would like to apologize for the experience you had while staying at our hotel. I will be sure to look in to these issues to ensure another guest does not have to come acroos those same problems. Thank you so much for your review!

Rachel

Travelers are raving about these Phenix City hotels

Newnan, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

Quality Inn has taken a 1960's Holiday Inn property and refurbished it into an acceptable nights stay. It was very clean and the staff was very accomodating and helpful. I was not there on a weekend night but I could recognize the problem with noise outside your room if you have a room that opens to the courtyard and the outdoor pool. The Wi-Fi was not working in the rooms. When this was reported to the front desk, he suggested that I call the 800 number listed in the in room notebook and maybe they could reboot the system. I did and that was a big mistake. After providing the City, state, hotel name, my nameand room number, I was told that they would contact the front desk and walk them through what to do. I tried to go to sleep but was awakened about 1 hour later with a call from the internet service provider, who had a very foreign accent and was told that they would send a tech out to fix the problem. About 20 minutes later I was awakened by another foreign accent that was very difficult to understand, stating that they were unable to fix this problem and would send out a tech. This time I was not so nice and told them not to call me again. I feel that this should have been handled by the hotel. Moral of the story "Don't give out your name and room number"

Room Tip: Pick a hotel with indoor corridors. It would be quieter and more secure, even though this hotel did...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
willow springs
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

There were too many bugs, cockroaches, fleas etc., everywhere IN the room. I heard gun shots at night and then screeching tires in the parking lot! Duh!! The front desk never answered the phone either. Had dinner at the restaurant and they were out of baked...

Room Tip: bugs awful IN room. Front desk NEVER answered phone, for wake up call, information, anything.... hea...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank magncas
GMHIE24, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus - Phenix City, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. I regret that you had these types of problems. I will be sure to look into these issues immediately. We take pride in a clean hotel and exceptional customer service. I apologize if we fell below your expectations during this particular stay. I am not certain on your stay dates or the room you were in. If you wouldn't mind I would like to get more information from you. You may contact me here at the hotel or by email. My email address is: rachel@mhgrp.net.

Once again, I do apologize for the problems you experienced and I can assure you this is not of the norm here at the Quality Inn.

Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

Do NOT let outside scare you!!! Rooms were spotless & very comfortable. Staff was courteous and went over and above to help accommodate my stay. The breakfast was an AMAZING Southern Breakfast!!! Pool was secure & crystal clean with an abundance of towels at all times. I could go on forever... Glad I chose Quality Inn Phenix for my stay during my sons graduation!!!

Room Tip: End room facing parking lot was large, quiet, close to pool without poolside noise, and car parked r...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank absalvatore9953
GMHIE24, Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus - Phenix City, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time out to write a review on our hotel and staff. I will be sure to pass your comments onto the staff. I know it will make their day. Again, I thank you and we look forward to having you as our guest during your next stay.

Have a wonderful day!

Muldrow, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

The staff was helpful at check-in and an easy check out. It has a full breakfast with eggs, bacon, biscuits, gravey, etc. That was the good. The room was a little worn, broken tile in the bathroom, door wouldn't open/close like without shoving on it and the handle at the same time. I did have a room on the back side and it was quiet, but there were a few people wandering around the balconys and the courtyard in the front areas...in the 100 degree heat..with no real purpose...made me wonder if this was the wrong type on motel, but really, no problems with the other guests. I really just needed a room for the night and for the price, I should have stayed at the off brand motel down the street. With taxes, I paid $80, it should have been more like $50. All in all it was just OK, but I probably won't stay again. I can get my bacon and eggs at Denny's.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
#4 of 9 in Phenix City
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus Fort Benning
Value Place Columbus Bldg. 2

Been to Red Roof Inn Columbus - Phenix City? Share your experiences!