“Great place to stay”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Phenix City
Gadsden, Alabama
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel. We went to brakefast alittle late but the girl Juanita was
very nice and asked if there was anything she could get for us. There was more than enough
for us to have.

At the Front Desk the girls ask if everything was alright The one was Heather and the other was Tomika. They were very nice and had a smile they didn't make me feel like I was takeing up there time. I want to thank Quality Inns for haveing girls like them.

They even took AARP another hotel in Phenix City, would not.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GMHIE24, Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus - Phenix City, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
I would like to thank you for your nice review on our hotel and employees. I will be sure to let Jaunita, Heather and Tomiyca know. I know it will make them happy to hear. We hope you come visit us again next time you are in the area.

Rachel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I paid over 70.00 for a nonsmoking room, yet when I go to check in all they have is smoking rooms. The woman at front desk offered me a free drink at the bar because she didn't have a nonsmoking room for me. Also I killed two roaches in my room...the toilet wouldn't flush...and I was surrounded by drunk people walking everywhere.....thanks to the bar. Seems more like a truck stop hotel to me.... So if you have kids and are family oriented...don't stay here because u will find drunk people walking everywhere and cussing and everything else

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank afmil03
GMHIE24, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus - Phenix City, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
I would like to apologize for the experience you had while staying at our hotel. I will be sure to look in to these issues to ensure another guest does not have to come acroos those same problems. Thank you so much for your review!

Rachel

Travelers are raving about these Phenix City hotels

Newnan, Georgia
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Quality Inn has taken a 1960's Holiday Inn property and refurbished it into an acceptable nights stay. It was very clean and the staff was very accomodating and helpful. I was not there on a weekend night but I could recognize the problem with noise outside your room if you have a room that opens to the courtyard and the outdoor pool. The Wi-Fi was not working in the rooms. When this was reported to the front desk, he suggested that I call the 800 number listed in the in room notebook and maybe they could reboot the system. I did and that was a big mistake. After providing the City, state, hotel name, my nameand room number, I was told that they would contact the front desk and walk them through what to do. I tried to go to sleep but was awakened about 1 hour later with a call from the internet service provider, who had a very foreign accent and was told that they would send a tech out to fix the problem. About 20 minutes later I was awakened by another foreign accent that was very difficult to understand, stating that they were unable to fix this problem and would send out a tech. This time I was not so nice and told them not to call me again. I feel that this should have been handled by the hotel. Moral of the story "Don't give out your name and room number"

Room Tip: Pick a hotel with indoor corridors. It would be quieter and more secure, even though this hotel did...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
willow springs
Reviewed September 2, 2012

There were too many bugs, cockroaches, fleas etc., everywhere IN the room. I heard gun shots at night and then screeching tires in the parking lot! Duh!! The front desk never answered the phone either. Had dinner at the restaurant and they were out of baked...

Room Tip: bugs awful IN room. Front desk NEVER answered phone, for wake up call, information, anything.... hea...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank magncas
GMHIE24, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus - Phenix City, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. I regret that you had these types of problems. I will be sure to look into these issues immediately. We take pride in a clean hotel and exceptional customer service. I apologize if we fell below your expectations during this particular stay. I am not certain on your stay dates or the room you were in. If you wouldn't mind I would like to get more information from you. You may contact me here at the hotel or by email. My email address is: rachel@mhgrp.net.

Once again, I do apologize for the problems you experienced and I can assure you this is not of the norm here at the Quality Inn.

Rachel LaMar
Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Do NOT let outside scare you!!! Rooms were spotless & very comfortable. Staff was courteous and went over and above to help accommodate my stay. The breakfast was an AMAZING Southern Breakfast!!! Pool was secure & crystal clean with an abundance of towels at all times. I could go on forever... Glad I chose Quality Inn Phenix for my stay during my sons graduation!!!

Room Tip: End room facing parking lot was large, quiet, close to pool without poolside noise, and car parked r...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank absalvatore9953
GMHIE24, Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus - Phenix City, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time out to write a review on our hotel and staff. I will be sure to pass your comments onto the staff. I know it will make their day. Again, I thank you and we look forward to having you as our guest during your next stay.

Have a wonderful day!

Rachel LaMar
Muldrow, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The staff was helpful at check-in and an easy check out. It has a full breakfast with eggs, bacon, biscuits, gravey, etc. That was the good. The room was a little worn, broken tile in the bathroom, door wouldn't open/close like without shoving on it and the handle at the same time. I did have a room on the back side and it was quiet, but there were a few people wandering around the balconys and the courtyard in the front areas...in the 100 degree heat..with no real purpose...made me wonder if this was the wrong type on motel, but really, no problems with the other guests. I really just needed a room for the night and for the price, I should have stayed at the off brand motel down the street. With taxes, I paid $80, it should have been more like $50. All in all it was just OK, but I probably won't stay again. I can get my bacon and eggs at Denny's.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank redlandfd
Niceville, Florida
Reviewed July 15, 2012

In my rush to checkout and get on the road I was foiled by a printer malfunction. The Front Desk Manager recommended I have a coffee and breakfast. Turned out to be the best thing I did all day. I had just set down and when the manager came over to my table to complete my paperwork, wish me a safe trip home and hoped I enjoyed my breakfast. I definitely enjoyed my breakfast and my stay. I recommend Quality Inn Phenix City.

John D. Farris

Days Inn Phenix City
Days Inn Phenix City
#5 of 9 in Phenix City
Value Place Columbus Bldg. 2

Been to Red Roof Inn Columbus - Phenix City? Share your experiences!