“I Had an AWESOME stay with Them” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Columbus - Phenix City

Red Roof Inn Columbus - Phenix City
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Phenix City
Phenix City, Alabama
“I Had an AWESOME stay with Them”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Quality Inn due to water damage in my home and I just wanted to say EVERYTHING was GREAT the staff the food The Housekeepers EVERYONE was So NICE .Myself and My husband were VERY impressed with the food ---seems like MOST hotels dont put too much concern on how the food is If the rooms are clean and the everything is homey feeling .We went to the lounge and had a couple drinks there was Karokeing and even though my husband is NOT a big fan ,we ended up Having a BLAST .Thanks to everyone our water damage NIGHTMARE turned into a weekend getaway that was as good as leaving town for a few days :-)

Room Tip: They have outside rooms so you can pull right up to your door (sure makes unloading the luggage easi...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Jacksonville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

The staff was so friendly and helpful...They had customer service down! The breakfast was awesome and had something for all of us! That means alot when you are traveling with two teenage boys! We enjoyed all the front office people and Wanda who made our breakfast was so nice!!!

Room Tip: We stayed right outside the main lobby and it was perfect! Very convienent!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2011

Arrived in the Columbus/Phenix city area at 8pm having driven from Virginia. Called the hotel and spoke to David who not only ably directed me to the property but provided effortless check-in and a good "first impression" of the hotel. The room was a little "tired" but adequate, clean and large. There was a little "noise" from the courtyard but not enough to warrant any complaint on my part. I've heard worse at 3 star Michelin properties. The bar and bar food were good with friendly, attentive staff. The complimentary breakfast was a true breakfast. Yes, there is some construction work going on but that's a sign of improvement and not a complaint. I have worked in the hospitality industry for 40+ years having seen the absolute worst of properties to those that redefine hotel over-the-top luxury. I would certainly stay again at this hotel on any return visit. All that is needed for a comfortable stay is right here.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2011

horrible customer service! I stayed here for 1 night and they ended up charging me for two, making 3 different reservations using my name and card and after they over drafted my account, I was accused of asking for reservations to be made from someone I never even talked too. It took over a week to get my charge refunded, they refused to pay the overdraft, and the GM Jodi [--] spent more time arguing and raising her voice to me, then even trying to apologize for all the hassle and incovenience her staff caused me. Don't rely on guest assistance with choice to help you either, you have to go through a thousand hoops and pray that you actually get help. Nice to know they try to justify being criminals, I will never stay with a choice hotel again!!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank notoriousdoubled

Travelers are raving about these Phenix City hotels

Punta Gorda, Fl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

The room was huge and the bed very comfortable. It more than suited our needs. The complimentary breakfast was extensive, not just bagles and donuts. It was a real breakfast. The courtyard and pool has recently been updated and is very pretty and wide open.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Lynchburg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

Army mom may have been overstated but I can see her concern. We just stayed there for 6 nights on business and will never stay there again. No one disputes that the staff is very nice and extremely hard working. The breakfast was also much more than expected... excellent job with that. Initially the exterior seems nice but the corridors are nasty and do not make one feel comfortable about being there. The suites are actually quite nice except for the bath tub area which could use some work. After working a long day my main concern is a good night sleep so I can get up at 4:30. 4 nights out of six there was partying in the courtyard so loud that I had to crank up my AC unit which had a crazy rattle noise. We paid a lot extra for the suites because I needed a kitchen due to health restrictions diet. Unfortunately the suites are located facing the courtyard and the noise filters in. I can see how there would be partying on Fri & Sat nights but all week is too much for people that need to be up early. On one night, there were some people yelling at each other and nearly was a fight which I thought the police were going to get called in.

I would say that 90% of the business is from construction crews and this works for them with the good breakfast, restaurant and bar. I do not recommend for families.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
coleman,ga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

Funny Folks that for months...OUR COMPANY, KCPS/LLC, had been saying...we needed to find out where to WRITE A REVIEW on this GREAT HOTEL and all of its employees and personel,We are a property preservation service based out of south ga & got a promotion & recieved theentirePhenix city & Columbus area, last spring, & have stayed here every two weeks, since..and I came to this site,,to write...and found this review by MS ARMYMOM, whom Im assuming, has been around a lot of "pot" to know the smell, so well,....to make such an adament statement. Sounds like she might have been token' on a hit or two, getting lost and all, and being such a protective grandma, KNOWING, THE MIUTE, she pulled up, "NOT A GOOD SITUATION", cant believe, she left her teenage daughter & infant g-daughter,LOCKED IN THE TRUCK,after having so much trouble finding the lobby/office, which faces the STREET? TO CHECK IN? WOW! SHE evidently liked the desk clerk, "DAVID" since he switched her room...Wonder Why she didnt ASK TO ...BE MOVED AGAIN..being those prostitutes were servicing those men all night...HHMMM..another toke, maybe? I have to wonder as well, IS the teenage daughter,MOMMY of the infant g-daughter?
Sure wouldnt have them HEAR those "SUSPICIOUS SOUNDS" OH maybe her sub-concience
was what made her (while writing this exagerated review) state her 5' height & weight of 100
pounds...."WET"???? HMMMMM!!! READY FOLKS? HOW DID OUR CREW MISS THE PARTY & PARANOIA MS ARMYMOM...WE were here FRIDAY evening as well! We stayed across from the pool and we saw 2 families with children by the courtyard/pool area talking & playing games! This poor delusional lady hasnt had the pleasure of meeting Ms Heather, Ms Tara,Ms Jodi, Dexter, Jared,that not only "check us in,swipe our key cards", but greet us with a cheery smile, a friendly hello, and go out of their way to make our stay as comfortable as they can! We dont want to leave out..,the dedicated men & women, arriving before daylight to cook that"TOO DIE FOR BREAKFAST-BUFFET-each morning" @ the cost of $ 0 for guests! Ms Alicia keeps all the guests happy & fed. We cant leave out :THE RELAXING BAR & & LOUD MUSIC...AND ITS delicious food...we try a different meal on the menu every time we dine there(my children & grandcdhildren ) Wehavent had anything that wasnt GREAT, along with the service. There are different entertainers that play live music, but we heard a solo act"HEATH": and later have spoken with him a great deal,he's created "PUPPETS" and created a show, (originally to entertain his toddler-son, "HERO") and recently appeared on local network television stations! WOW! We feel Ms ARMYMOM was unable to spend QAULITY TIME WITH HER SON, she came there to meet, instead she was HUNG-UP, HAWK-EYE-ING OTHER PAYING GUESTS-BUISNESS...WHICH WAS NONE OF HERS! TO THE BACHELOR...CONGRATS ON UR MARRIAGE TO BE! TO BIG DADDY,HOPE BIG MAMA(lucky lady)let U IN THE ROOM!We think everyone can agree.. When U TURN UR A/.C ON in UR ROOM...U wouldnt hear a plane crash!!! We give KUDOS to all of the security gaurds (way taller than 5' & over 100pounds)& the hard working maids whom keep our room so clean & our beds fresh! QAULITY INN/PHENIX CITY..WE LOVE YOU!! PeNelope & CHAD KCPS/LLC

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
#4 of 9 in Phenix City
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus Fort Benning
Value Place Columbus Bldg. 2

Been to Red Roof Inn Columbus - Phenix City? Share your experiences!