“No longer there!! Restaurant closed down! Just didn't want anyone to try to find it and noticed that they were closed for good.”
Review of Mad Grill - CLOSED

Mad Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Closed down!! No longer open! The restaurant was ok. Kind of expensive. Not sure why it closed down. I know we went for breakfast one time and it was extremely disappointing for the $30 price we paid. Lunch and dinner was better.

Columbus, Georgia
“Pleasant Surprise...what's with the name?”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Mad Grill is a nice restaurant that is located in an old Shoney's (Big Boy). When you walk in the first thing you notice is that it is MUCH nicer than you would expect. Nice tablecloths and charming staff. There is a buffet and there are menu items as well. I have only tried the buffet (3 times) and the food is excellent. The reason I keep trying it is because it does not taste like buffet food. Gyros, large scrumptious meatballs, and very good clam chowder are my favorites. The menu is Italian and Mediterranean mostly. I intend to try the eggplant parmigiana next time I go. Enjoy!

• Visited November 2012
Phenix City, al.
“Making an effort”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Owner is really trying hard to establish a good restaurant. We found the atmophere to be pleasing and clean, the food average, the quanities plentiful, the prices reasonable and the service excellent.

Visited October 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“all around good food”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I loved the all you can eat bar thanks to Days Inn for the choice i took my whole family and it was not pricey at all

Visited September 2012
Smiths Station
“Has Low Quality”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This was our second visit to the restaurant. The first time was right after it opened and the food was great. Today the food was lousy. Once in the door we saw three servers standing behind the counter and waited to be seated, no one moved to seat us. Finally the "owner" or "manager" not sure which came out and rudely put three menus on the table without a word, then walked away. The first time we went you could order the salad bar with your meal, and visit it more than once.This time the waitress let us know that it was one trip. This was fine and although it did not have a good selection it was still fresh. The waitress was attentive although not knowledgable about the food on the menu when my husband had questions. He ordered the lasgana, my daughter ordered the stuffed flounder, and I the chicken marsala. When the food arrived you could clearly see it had been microwaved to warm it. It was not freshly cooked. My husbands lasagna was poor in texture; noodles rubbery, sauce canned and overall not good. My daughters flounder was supposed to have real crab, which was real the first time she ordered it on our first visit, and fake crab today. The texture was rubbery and clearly microwaved. The french fries were all right. My meal was clearly either frozen chicken, or old, it was dried out and tough. The marsala sauce was clearly not fresh and tasted like a packaged gravy with canned mushrooms. The rice was really over cooked, maybe not fresh, and clearly heated in the microwave. Phenix City is in need of decent places to eat and I hope the owner in this restaurant steps it up a notch. Until then do not waste your money.

• Visited September 2012