“Not thrilled”

Good for: Families with children, Kids
Niceville, Florida
“Not thrilled”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Host threw the servers under the bus. He was walking around not in a hurry and said the servers were lazy and not bussing the tables. He went over and bussed the table (very slowly). Then he said to make sure we told the waitress to bring us silverware. The servers were busy and he continued to walk around. The food was okay. Got chips and they were mostly crushed. Service was good considering how busy our waitress was. The host just left a bad taste in our mouth. We will not return to this Applebee's.

• Visited September 2013

Fort Mitchell, Alabama
“Miss It.......Pass By.....Literally”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Unless you are a fan of beer and fries, you can miss this place. Steaks look and taste rubbery. Tea and other drinks are very watered down with a pound of ice and by the time your food arrives, the ice has turned the drinks into sweet water. Macaroni? I don't think so! Some of the bartenders, if you have a chance to get the bar experience, usually take care of their patrons. Otherwise, be prepared for food to get stuck under your feet, the bathroom floors to be sticky and icky, the tables to smell like an old wet dish rag, and the food to not be worth the price listed. If you love beer and sports, then this is the spot. I have attended most recently in the first week of June and it solidified what I thought I felt about the place before. The spinach dip is always the best, but other foods and drinks, not so much. It is close to a few drive thru restaurants and department stores. Traffic in and out might be a little frustrating though. Good luck.

• Visited June 2013
Clayton, New Jersey
“Good Food and Pleasant Meal”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Looking for an easy option - close to our hotel - the Holiday Inn Express - Phenix City/Ft. Benning - this was a good option. Even though a chain restaurant - we went for an early dinner due to time issues and were greeted by a pleasant/polite staff member, seated and had an equally pleasant server. Since it was early - the restaurant wasn't swamped or excessively loud - a hazard of many restaurants of this type. We weren't rushed, catered to as needed and had a notably good experience.

Visited June 2013
“I won't be back.”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

It had been over a decade since I last went to an applebees and this visit confirmed why. Food was just not good. Portion size is good, but that just means more bad food. They'd be better off with smaller portions of better food.

The garlic bread that came with my meal tasted like a frozen roll, which is likely exactly what it was anyway.

Service was okay.

Needless to say, I won't be back.

• Visited June 2013
Dothan, Alabama
“A nice treat!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stopped by early afternoon for a bite and was pleasantly surprised with my meal and the service. My waitress said she was new, but it appeared she had been trained well on service and knowledge of items on the menu. I did find it a little strange that they charged for iced tea refills.

• Visited April 2013