“Friendly Staff & Clean Hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Phenix City - Columbus Area
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Phenix City
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The staff was very friendly and the hotel clean. The complementary breakfast included homemade waffles, eggs and a meat. The quality of the eggs and meat were low. The hotel has limited parking to outside access. There were problems with on-line booking that hotel would not resolve.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Phenix City - Columbus Area

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I am a milspouse and am currently undergoing treatment for cancer. I booked a king whirlpool suite for my husband and I to stay at while he was in town on orders. I drove in from 4 states away, and had requested an early check in so I could lay down before meeting my husband. I was told it shouldnt be a problem, but then an hr went by and no phone call to let me know when I could check in (if early was an option) when I called back we were told the room should be done by one, and then when we showed up at one (it was too late to rest before meeting my husband) we were stared at with a blank expression and told no early check ins are available. We sat in the lobby for an hr. Rude. Ontop of that the ONLY thing my husband requested was a pool. I even canceled reservations at a local B&B bc it didn't have one. My husband had been training for months in the GA deep woods, in military fatigues where days averaged 80°. We paid for our room in cash up front-and the 2nd day we're there, to our surprise the pool is CLOSED. upon checking out I asked if the Hampton 100% no fee guarantee was still in place and was told yes. But when I asked for a refund I was only given one nights fee back. Shame shame. It's not the money-it's shear principle.

• Stayed: July 2013
JenniferR405, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phenix City - Columbus Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We hope you enjoyed the complimentary night in the King Whirlpool suite to accommodate for the inconvenience of the pool being temporarily closed for the installation of a handicap lift. Now all guests may enjoy our spacious swimming pool! We thank your husband for his service to our country and hope that you had a safe trip home.

Hampton Inn Management

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Everything went well during our three night stay at the Phenix City AL Hampton Inn. Our room was spacious and accommodated 4 adults and a toddler (we used a pull out couch and had 2 people per queen bed-we used no crib or roll away cot.) housecleaning was there every day, we asked for additional towels at the front desk and they were offered. When the baby needed snacks, staff pulled from recently closed breakfast for fruit and snack bar. With extended family coming together after 6 hour drive for an Army event, this was so easy and so comfortable. Thank you. ... 2 wierd points.. don't let these stop you... Kind of hard to access from the highway. From Columbus, drive past the hotel then u-turn back. To get on the highway, you either have to u-turn or go back road to that same exit past the hotel. ...also, the dang doors to the rooms are so heavy we could hardly open and close without help. Small injury occurred more than once! Kind of funny. For money, this really is close to Historic Columbus - which on this side of town is definitely THE place to eat and shop. Otherwise pretty long way to north shopping area. But Cannon restaurant was great! Stop in Yogurt shop and the Iron Bank Coffee. EpiC for HIGH end elegant dining on the water front. All this in Old Town up town Columbus. Every where else in this part of town... south... is really run down and poor. Fife and Drum Restaurant in the National Infantry Museum was truly wonderful food. Chef has a gift! Museum itself is worth a visit, big scale like a mini Smithsonian. Also, Ranger Joes is a great visit if you are visiting military. Thanks Columbus!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Excellent hotel, wonderfully clean, mattresses and pillows are comfortable, carpets are clean, rooms are clean. Staff is friendly, entire hotel is clean, comfortable and welcoming. Definitely up to Hampton Inn standards we've come to expect over the last 10 years we've been using Hampton Inns. I would STRONGLY recommend staying at this hotel when you travel to Ft. Benning to visit your soldier. Distance to the base was only 20 mins or so away.

Room Tip: Choose room on 4th floor so you don't have anybody over you jumping off the beds, keeping you aw...
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised during my visit. Upon entering the lobby which is extremely nice, warm, and inviting. It even smelled fresh. The desk staff was helpful and friendly. Check in was a breeze. They have complementary coffee, tea, or hot chocolate 24 hours a day in the lobby. The was nicely decorated and modern. We were there for a baseball tournament and several teams were booked there, I didnt hear a sound. It was so quiet and peaceful, don't know if the rooms are sound proof or what, but no noise. They have a pool that the boys enjoyed and restaurants are nearby. Had a great stay @ this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
JenniferR405, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phenix City - Columbus Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank your for providing us with your personal feedback and for choosing to stay with us! Please return to visit anytime!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

First I would like to say that I am a Hilton Diamond member and stay about 300 nights a year in Hilton properties.
I have to say this Hampton inn was very impressive. Overall, I have nothing bad to say. I had a wonderful 1night stay on the 4th of July. The hotel was very clean, the rooms were large and also very clean.
The General Manager Barry has a great and friendly staff. Barry is also very curtious and nice and definitely knows the hospitality business.
This Hampton provided the service you would expect in a full service Hilton. I can honestly say this ranks among my top 3 hotels I have ever stayed in while a loyal customer with the Hilton family of hotels. I highly recommended this hotel to everyone. I look forward to my next visit and will not hesitate to stay here again.
Overall, a 5 Star Hampton Inn. Thank you to Barry and his staff for a great stay!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Chris G
Reviewed July 4, 2013

After checking out it was discovered an IPad was left behind. Went back to to ask about it that same evening, housekeeping had gone for the day. Called back the next day and was abruptly told "we have your name and number, we will call if it turns up". As a traveling military family we have always chosen the Hampton Inn and have been completely satisfied. unfortunately I will not be returning to this establishment again. The integrity and efficiency of staff is not what you would expect for the quality of establishment.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Super 8 Phenix City
Super 8 Phenix City
#4 of 9 in Phenix City
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Phenix City - Columbus Area? Share your experiences!