“Front desk and housekeeping need to communicate”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Phenix City
Abbeville, Georgia
“Front desk and housekeeping need to communicate”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here after AU opening game. After a late night we asked for late check out time and was given a 1300 as requested. Next morning housekeeping was knocking on our door at 10a, then again about 15 minutes later which was followed by two phone calls from front desk before 12 noon. Needless to say I was not happy. We checked out at 1215. Bed linens were dingy. As loyal HIExpress customers, This is not what we are accustomed too.

• Stayed August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear DebGReeves,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We regret the inconvenience you had with the service you received. Please remain assured that we have recorded your comments and will forward it to the appropriate departments for future considerations.

Karen C
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Manawa, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This hotel was very nice. It was clean and nicely maintained. the breakfast was great. But, what really makes this place stand out from the other hotels I have been to, was the service. The front desk lady when we checked in was so pleasant. In the morning, we stopped at the front desk to ask a question and the front desk lady in the morning was more than happy to help. The lady working in the dining area in the mornings was so happy to be there and so extremely pleasant. We brought my nephew back to the hotel for family night (he's in the army), and they told us we could go ahead and sit in the dining area with all the family so we weren't all jammed into our hotel room. I was amazed at how nice everyone was. I have never seen such wonderful service at a hotel. If I had to say one thing wasn't awesome, it was the wi-fi. We were on the fourth floor in an end room, and I don't think the wi-fi signal could reach that far very well. But that was minor. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: If you need Internet, don't get a room on the end on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Damen C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to reviewing the property and for staying with us during your travels. We strive every day to greet each guest warmly and to provide the best in customer service. I will make sure to share this with the entire staff to make sure they know that their efforts are well recieved. I would like to also thank you for the feedback on the Internet Service and will use this information to provide a better experience going forward. Thank you again for staying with in Phenix City.
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

There is nothing special, but certainly nothing bad about this hotel. It is a standard Holiday Inn Express. It is pretty new and pretty clean. New style rooms. Phenix City is an unimpressive location, but if you must stay, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Roadyeti,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the room accommodations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. We appreciate your feedback and your business.

Janice A
Rigby, Idaho
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I was looking forward to my stay at this newer hotel. I enjoyed the nice exterior, and the inside spaces were inviting also. The TV had over 100 channels, with a dozen or so in HD. The property needs to step up the pest control efforts, as I saw then killed a large spider on the wall of my room. The light in the bathroom made a loud annoying hum whenever it was on. And despite paying more for a larger room, and being platinum with HGI Rewards, I was given a room whose window was completely blocked by the hotel's front entrance roof. I will not return to this property on my next trip to Columbus.

Stayed July 2013
Dear ajnuff,

Ben J
virginia
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stay at this Holiday Inn Express every year on our annual June family visit to Columbus. We can rely on the hotel to be everything we have come to expect from a Holiday Inn hotel. We no longer even consider staying anywhere else. You can easily get to North Columbus with a right turn out of the parking lot and to downtown or Fort Benning with a left turn. Not that traffic noise is bad, but ask for an odd numbered room to get the quietest location. Those rooms overlook the pool, and there's nothing at all on the other side of the pool.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms have a view of a wooded area rather than the highway and they will be the quietes...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
It is always a pleasure to hear that we creating a positive experience during a vacation. We always appreciate the feedback and the useful tips to create a better experience for future guests. We look forward to your next stay with us and we thank you for using us to accomodate your lodging needs.
Clayton, New Jersey
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Just stayed at this hotel last night as we were preparing for surgery at Hughston Memorial Hospital today. This hotel lived up to the previous reviews and what I expected. The hotel was clean, up-to-date and provided a convenient location. Equally important, the staff was friendly and very helpful at check-in and when I asked for directions and dining options. Recognizing I am a Priority Club member and giving their amenity gift was thoughtful and appreciated. Upon arrival, while I was unloading our vehicle - one of the staff members enjoying a break outside, offered to help me with the luggage cart, seeing I was having a bit of trouble - very nice and appreciated. . Even the luggage carts were in great shape - appearing rather new without any wear and worked well. We utilized a queen handicap suite and it was helpful to my husband who was having mobility issues pending his surgery. The frig in the room made it very convenient as well. We stopped in to the Manager's Reception and had a snack and a glass of wine before turning in for an early evening. The reception staff member was very friendly and very helpful as well and the eating area is a good size and very comfortable.. Be sure to check out the cookies offered at the front desk - very yummy! I can't comment on the breakfast because of our early departure time or the outdoor pool because of inclement weather - but it looked well kept and maintained. The TV had lots of channels from which to choose. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone - regardless of the purpose of your stay.

Room Tip: If you feel you'd need the handicap accessibility - book it. It was nice to have the added bath...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Phenix City
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I stayed here in April 2011 when I found out I was going to be stationed at Fort Benning. The staff helped me find nice locations for my house hunt and even gave me information on some of the nearby schools. The free breakfast was perfect every morning and the hotel looked brand new. I came back and stayed in June 2011 when I finally moved to the Fort Benning area and the hotel was still great. I recommend this hotel to everyone. It's not close to Fort Benning. It will take about 15 to 20 minutes to get to the front gate, but it's still a great hotel. I have my family stay at this hotel when they are in town as well.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were great. Do not wait until the last minute to book a hotel. When Fort Benning ha...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
#15 of 46 in Columbus
Super 8 Phenix City
Super 8 Phenix City
#4 of 9 in Phenix City

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area
Address: 1702 Highway 280 Byp, Phenix City, AL 36867-5445 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City - Columbus)
Location: United States > Alabama > Phenix City
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Phenix City
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area 2.5*
The Phenix City, AL Holiday Inn Express near Columbus, GA welcomes you. Our hotel in Phenix City, AL provides an ideal location near many area points of interest, such as Chattahoochee Valley Community College, the River Center for Performing Arts and Forts Benning & Mitchell. Your family can enjoy a relaxing stay at our hotel in Phenix City, right across the river from beautiful Columbus, GA & near many attractions including the Civil War Naval Museum, Idle Hour Park, the Phenix City Amphitheater & the National Infantry Museum at Fort Benning. If shopping is your preference, check out Peachtree Mall in Columbus, just 5 miles from our hotel in Phenix City, AL, or try the Columbus Park Crossing for some great bargains. Business travelers can enjoy a stay at our Phenix City accommodations near Columbus, GA because of our convenient location near area businesses such as Mead Coated Board, Aflac, Continental Carbon, Phenix Industrial Park, Synovus and Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital. Our Phenix City, AL hotel offers a 24 hr business center, a meeting room and convenient business services. We also provide free high-speed Internet access. During your stay at our Phenix City hotel, you can enjoy our outdoor pool, a 24 hr fitness center & the free hot breakfast bar featuring our signature cinnamon rolls. Check out our excellent Phenix City hotel room deals and book your hotel reservation today. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Phenix City - Columbus