“I wanted to give 5 out of 5”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Phenix City
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I was looking forward to my stay at this newer hotel. I enjoyed the nice exterior, and the inside spaces were inviting also. The TV had over 100 channels, with a dozen or so in HD. The property needs to step up the pest control efforts, as I saw then killed a large spider on the wall of my room. The light in the bathroom made a loud annoying hum whenever it was on. And despite paying more for a larger room, and being platinum with HGI Rewards, I was given a room whose window was completely blocked by the hotel's front entrance roof. I will not return to this property on my next trip to Columbus.

Stayed: July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear ajnuff,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stay at this Holiday Inn Express every year on our annual June family visit to Columbus. We can rely on the hotel to be everything we have come to expect from a Holiday Inn hotel. We no longer even consider staying anywhere else. You can easily get to North Columbus with a right turn out of the parking lot and to downtown or Fort Benning with a left turn. Not that traffic noise is bad, but ask for an odd numbered room to get the quietest location. Those rooms overlook the pool, and there's nothing at all on the other side of the pool.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms have a view of a wooded area rather than the highway and they will be the quietes...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Damen C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

It is always a pleasure to hear that we creating a positive experience during a vacation. We always appreciate the feedback and the useful tips to create a better experience for future guests. We look forward to your next stay with us and we thank you for using us to accomodate your lodging needs.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Just stayed at this hotel last night as we were preparing for surgery at Hughston Memorial Hospital today. This hotel lived up to the previous reviews and what I expected. The hotel was clean, up-to-date and provided a convenient location. Equally important, the staff was friendly and very helpful at check-in and when I asked for directions and dining options. Recognizing I am a Priority Club member and giving their amenity gift was thoughtful and appreciated. Upon arrival, while I was unloading our vehicle - one of the staff members enjoying a break outside, offered to help me with the luggage cart, seeing I was having a bit of trouble - very nice and appreciated. . Even the luggage carts were in great shape - appearing rather new without any wear and worked well. We utilized a queen handicap suite and it was helpful to my husband who was having mobility issues pending his surgery. The frig in the room made it very convenient as well. We stopped in to the Manager's Reception and had a snack and a glass of wine before turning in for an early evening. The reception staff member was very friendly and very helpful as well and the eating area is a good size and very comfortable.. Be sure to check out the cookies offered at the front desk - very yummy! I can't comment on the breakfast because of our early departure time or the outdoor pool because of inclement weather - but it looked well kept and maintained. The TV had lots of channels from which to choose. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone - regardless of the purpose of your stay.

Room Tip: If you feel you'd need the handicap accessibility - book it. It was nice to have the added bath...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I stayed here in April 2011 when I found out I was going to be stationed at Fort Benning. The staff helped me find nice locations for my house hunt and even gave me information on some of the nearby schools. The free breakfast was perfect every morning and the hotel looked brand new. I came back and stayed in June 2011 when I finally moved to the Fort Benning area and the hotel was still great. I recommend this hotel to everyone. It's not close to Fort Benning. It will take about 15 to 20 minutes to get to the front gate, but it's still a great hotel. I have my family stay at this hotel when they are in town as well.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were great. Do not wait until the last minute to book a hotel. When Fort Benning ha...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Knowing the Holiday Inn Express tradition, we chose it to stay on our way North. It delivered as usual. The only glitch, as the title suggests, is that we had a terrible time finding it and had to call to get directions as the GPS kept wanting us to go to an empty field on the expressway. Once there we had the usual good check in in and out, nice quiet room, and awesome breakfast rolls. It was a good stop.

Room Tip: Try to get on the side away from the highway as it is noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed for eight days and not once did we have a negative experience. Every member of the staff from the front desk staff to the housekeeping staff were friendly and willing to go of their way to meet our needs. Every staff member greeted us with a good morning and a smile, they were pleasent and always polite. The room was spacious and clean, the bed comfortable and the choice of a firm or soft pillow made sure everyone slept well. The hot breakfast each morning was kept well stocked and the hot food was hot and cold food was cold. I would most certainly stay here again and would recommend it highly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here two nights for a graduation in Auburn. Very friendly helpful staff, the breakfast area was very clean and continuously stocked. It was not crowded and flowed well. The room was clean, the beds were a little hard (but that is just personal preference). Overall we enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
#4 of 9 in Phenix City
Columbus Marriott
Columbus Marriott
#15 of 47 in Columbus

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area

Address: 1702 Highway 280 Byp, Phenix City, AL 36867-5445 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City - Columbus)
Location: United States > Alabama > Phenix City
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Phenix City
Price Range: $97 - $153 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area 2.5*
The Phenix City, AL Holiday Inn Express near Columbus, GA welcomes you. Our hotel in Phenix City, AL provides an ideal location near many area points of interest, such as Chattahoochee Valley Community College, the River Center for Performing Arts and Forts Benning & Mitchell. Your family can enjoy a relaxing stay at our hotel in Phenix City, right across the river from beautiful Columbus, GA & near many attractions including the Civil War Naval Museum, Idle Hour Park, the Phenix City Amphitheater & the National Infantry Museum at Fort Benning. If shopping is your preference, check out Peachtree Mall in Columbus, just 5 miles from our hotel in Phenix City, AL, or try the Columbus Park Crossing for some great bargains. Business travelers can enjoy a stay at our Phenix City accommodations near Columbus, GA because of our convenient location near area businesses such as Mead Coated Board, Aflac, Continental Carbon, Phenix Industrial Park, Synovus and Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital. Our Phenix City, AL hotel offers a 24 hr business center, a meeting room and convenient business services. We also provide free high-speed Internet access. During your stay at our Phenix City hotel, you can enjoy our outdoor pool, a 24 hr fitness center & the free hot breakfast bar featuring our signature cinnamon rolls. Check out our excellent Phenix City hotel room deals and book your hotel reservation today. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Phenix City - Columbus