Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area
Marriott Hotels
$41
$51
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfort benningfront deskboot camp graduationmiss pamcinnamon rollsrecommend this hotelbreakfast barrooms are nicewonderful stayfree breakfastcolumbusalfloridahousekeeping
Reviewed September 1, 2012

The first thing you notice is how well the hotel is kept. The second is how awesome the employees are. They were super friendly, and eager to help out what ever the situation. They had a really nice breakfast bar that any one would like to eat at. The hotel is located only about fifteen miles from Fort Benning which made it nice. Only thing I didn't care for was there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom. Other than that, the room was awesome, housekeeping was awesome, and the hotel was awesome. Great work everyone for making my stay great.

Room Tip: We did not have a exhaust fan in the bathroom and fogged up the windows. You might leave a door open when taking a shower.
1  Thank JamesSnyder67
LynnDaughtry, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Thank you for your kind review. I will pass it to the rest of the staff. We do have the wisper quiet bathroom fans. You may not be able to hear them which is great! I wish you safe travels for the future.
Gm

Reviewed August 29, 2012

My son and I came down to see my youngest son graduate from the Infantry at Fort Benning. The staff especially manager Lvonne were wonderful. They were very friendly and caring. The staff greeted us every time we passed the desk, I was upset because my son did not get his pass and Lvonne brought me tissues and talked to me. My son did end up getting his pass and stayed the night with us. Lvonne let us checkout at 1pm instead of 11 to spend more time with my son and I was grateful for that. The breakfast was great. The beds were very comfy and soft sheets. The rooms were very clean and smelled good. The night staff seemed a bit understaffed Lvonne worked very hard. The internet did not work in the room during our entire 3 day stay, so if you need this for work, it could be a problem. Overall, I highly recommend this motel.

Room Tip: Do not go through Expedia. We did not get a handicap accessible room they promised. Call the motel yourself.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

I regret that you were unable to get on the internet during your stay with us. I wonder if you let the front desk know of your trouble? We have a support team that we can call 24/7 to help with any internet problem that you may have. We do have a secure login and the code is provided to you at check in. Sounds like you did enjoy your stay and I would like to congratulate your soldier on graduating. Thank you for your valuable feedback. I wish you safe travels for the future.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I rent a king room for two nights when our soon to son in law was graduating. From the army. The staff was do very helpful from helping us find a place to eat to proving us with a toothbrush. The room was clean and odor free. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were so soft. We had a small party and they opened up the dining room for us to use. I would stay at this hotel anytime.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your valuable feedback and will pass it to the rest of our staff. I hope you will come back to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We got in at noon (a little early) and had two rooms reserved. The front staff checked us in promptly and was able to get us rooms on the same floor. The staff greeted us each time we passed the front desk. The breakfast was good and items replenished immediately. The lady in the dining area promptly cleaned tables when vacant and offered to take our empty plates. The rooms were cleaned quickly and the front staff was very helpful with directions and maps. Nice pool area and very clean. I would reccommend this hotel and will stay here again the next time we come to the Columbus Ga. area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind review and I will be sure to pass it along to the rest of the staff. I wish you safe travels for the future.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one night while visiting a friend. Upon check-in, I was informed that the power to the hotel would be turned off at 10am (1 hour before the 11am check-out time). I wasn't happy about this and was prepared to ask for a partial refund in the morning, but the power never actually went off during our stay, so it all worked out fine.

My first floor room was very comfortable and had a rather large bathroom. Microwave, refrigerator, soft and firm pillows, etc. all came standard. Large complementary breakfast spread...one housekeeper even unlocked the cooler for me after I came to the breakfast a few minutes after it closed down...she was so kind!

Room Tip: First floor room (107) was very spacious.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review. From time to time we do have to service some parts of the hotel and the power may have to be turned off for a short time. This is not frequent and we do try to let our guest know if it may be a possibility. I am glad that you did not have to deal with this at all and enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you have safe travels for the future.