Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Phenix City
Lawrenceville
“employees were awesome”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

The first thing you notice is how well the hotel is kept. The second is how awesome the employees are. They were super friendly, and eager to help out what ever the situation. They had a really nice breakfast bar that any one would like to eat at. The hotel is located only about fifteen miles from Fort Benning which made it nice. Only thing I didn't care for was there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom. Other than that, the room was awesome, housekeeping was awesome, and the hotel was awesome. Great work everyone for making my stay great.

Room Tip: We did not have a exhaust fan in the bathroom and fogged up the windows. You might leave a door ope...
1 Thank JamesSnyder67
LynnDaughtry, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. I will pass it to the rest of the staff. We do have the wisper quiet bathroom fans. You may not be able to hear them which is great! I wish you safe travels for the future.
Gm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Oxford, Iowa, United States
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My son and I came down to see my youngest son graduate from the Infantry at Fort Benning. The staff especially manager Lvonne were wonderful. They were very friendly and caring. The staff greeted us every time we passed the desk, I was upset because my son did not get his pass and Lvonne brought me tissues and talked to me. My son did end up getting his pass and stayed the night with us. Lvonne let us checkout at 1pm instead of 11 to spend more time with my son and I was grateful for that. The breakfast was great. The beds were very comfy and soft sheets. The rooms were very clean and smelled good. The night staff seemed a bit understaffed Lvonne worked very hard. The internet did not work in the room during our entire 3 day stay, so if you need this for work, it could be a problem. Overall, I highly recommend this motel.

Room Tip: Do not go through Expedia. We did not get a handicap accessible room they promised. Call the motel y...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I regret that you were unable to get on the internet during your stay with us. I wonder if you let the front desk know of your trouble? We have a support team that we can call 24/7 to help with any internet problem that you may have. We do have a secure login and the code is provided to you at check in. Sounds like you did enjoy your stay and I would like to congratulate your soldier on graduating. Thank you for your valuable feedback. I wish you safe travels for the future.
Groveland, Florida
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I rent a king room for two nights when our soon to son in law was graduating. From the army. The staff was do very helpful from helping us find a place to eat to proving us with a toothbrush. The room was clean and odor free. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were so soft. We had a small party and they opened up the dining room for us to use. I would stay at this hotel anytime.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your valuable feedback and will pass it to the rest of our staff. I hope you will come back to stay with us again soon.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We got in at noon (a little early) and had two rooms reserved. The front staff checked us in promptly and was able to get us rooms on the same floor. The staff greeted us each time we passed the front desk. The breakfast was good and items replenished immediately. The lady in the dining area promptly cleaned tables when vacant and offered to take our empty plates. The rooms were cleaned quickly and the front staff was very helpful with directions and maps. Nice pool area and very clean. I would reccommend this hotel and will stay here again the next time we come to the Columbus Ga. area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review and I will be sure to pass it along to the rest of the staff. I wish you safe travels for the future.
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one night while visiting a friend. Upon check-in, I was informed that the power to the hotel would be turned off at 10am (1 hour before the 11am check-out time). I wasn't happy about this and was prepared to ask for a partial refund in the morning, but the power never actually went off during our stay, so it all worked out fine.

My first floor room was very comfortable and had a rather large bathroom. Microwave, refrigerator, soft and firm pillows, etc. all came standard. Large complementary breakfast spread...one housekeeper even unlocked the cooler for me after I came to the breakfast a few minutes after it closed down...she was so kind!

Room Tip: First floor room (107) was very spacious.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. From time to time we do have to service some parts of the hotel and the power may have to be turned off for a short time. This is not frequent and we do try to let our guest know if it may be a possibility. I am glad that you did not have to deal with this at all and enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you have safe travels for the future.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My company booked this hotel for me while I was on business in Columbus. The property is very nice. The room was clean and quiet, and the front-desk staff was quite friendly and helpful. The property is pretty close to Ft. Benning, and would be ideal for those attending a graduation or having business on the Fort. I had a king room. The bed was comfortable and I found the room to be modern and well-appointed. For the rate, I doubt you could do much better. I would recommend this hotel and would stay there in the future.

Room Tip: I always choose high floor and away from elevator, although my room was close to elevator and it was...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give us this valuable feedback. We are so close to Fort Benning and we are lucky enough to have some of the most facinating people visit us from all over the US. Thank you for your kind review and I will be sure to pass them along to the rest of our staff.
Pennington, New Jersey
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The desk clerks were very courteous. The breakfast was good. The woman on staff that managed breakfast, Keke, did an awesome job. We were there in May for boot camp graduation. It was quite busy and Keke did a great job replenishing things and always with a smile on her face. Holiday Inn should commend her for her hard work.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words. I will be sure to pass them to Kee Kee and the rest of our staff. We hope that you will come back to see us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phenix City
#4 of 9 in Phenix City
Columbus Marriott
Columbus Marriott
#15 of 46 in Columbus

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area
Address: 1702 Highway 280 Byp, Phenix City, AL 36867-5445 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City - Columbus)
Location: United States > Alabama > Phenix City
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Phenix City
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area 2.5*
The Phenix City, AL Holiday Inn Express near Columbus, GA welcomes you. Our hotel in Phenix City, AL provides an ideal location near many area points of interest, such as Chattahoochee Valley Community College, the River Center for Performing Arts and Forts Benning & Mitchell. Your family can enjoy a relaxing stay at our hotel in Phenix City, right across the river from beautiful Columbus, GA & near many attractions including the Civil War Naval Museum, Idle Hour Park, the Phenix City Amphitheater & the National Infantry Museum at Fort Benning. If shopping is your preference, check out Peachtree Mall in Columbus, just 5 miles from our hotel in Phenix City, AL, or try the Columbus Park Crossing for some great bargains. Business travelers can enjoy a stay at our Phenix City accommodations near Columbus, GA because of our convenient location near area businesses such as Mead Coated Board, Aflac, Continental Carbon, Phenix Industrial Park, Synovus and Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital. Our Phenix City, AL hotel offers a 24 hr business center, a meeting room and convenient business services. We also provide free high-speed Internet access. During your stay at our Phenix City hotel, you can enjoy our outdoor pool, a 24 hr fitness center & the free hot breakfast bar featuring our signature cinnamon rolls. Check out our excellent Phenix City hotel room deals and book your hotel reservation today. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Phenix City - Columbus