“not impressed with the service!”
Review of The Tavern of St Clair - CLOSED

The Tavern of St Clair
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
pell city
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not impressed with the service!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Myself, along with 5 other friends decided to try this place weve heard about for sometime now. We stood at the door for a good 5 minuets watching servers walk by, and when we finally were sat in the emphty front room, our server had no idea what the specials were, but recomended the rib eye. 3 of us decided on that dish, and non of us were impressed! The young man was very rude, however the owner was very nice. Too over priced, and bad service make this a place I would NOT recomend! However, if you do go there, stay away from the male server with black hair...we may have given it a secound chance if it was not for his horrible service and even worse additude!!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank susan b

Groveland, FL
“Excellent food and great service”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We dined here along with 25+ other members of our group while visiting the area. What a pleasant surprise! Although the exterior is nothing to "write home about"; the wonderful food was definitely something to remember. Every member of our group was pleased with their meal and the service was quite good as well. By all means, add this out-of-the-way gem to your itinerary!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank GMOMandGDAD
Little Rock, Arkansas
“What a delightful surprise!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

We were traveling cross country and happened to be near Pell, AL at lunch time today. We could not have been more pleasantly surprised! The Caesar Salad with grilled chicken was superb! The dressing was light, not too eggie or creamy. The capellini w/ shrimp was also perfect. Shrimp was tensor and seasoned just right! My husband thoroughly enjoyed his ribeye sandwich and we all enjoyed his fries! You can't go wrong here! Will definitely save this one for future travels. Good wine list too!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Cardine09
Barrie, Canada
“Never miss a chance to eat at the Tavern”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We are Canadians and my husband has been working in Alabama for over a year now and he took me to the Tavern Jan 2012. I have to say, the food is fabulous and the steaks are done better than The Keg. You wouldn't get this kind of meal with drinks and appetizers for under $60, the price is fantastic for the quality! I visit Alabama every 3 months and I have to visit the Tavern at least twice before flying back home. Will definitely miss this great diamond in the rough! Thankyou Doug, for keeping you're quality service, food and entertainment top notch!!

2 Thank Shellsbellss
Birmingham, Alabama
“Best restaurant in town.”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The Tavern is our "go to" place in Pell City. The atmosphere is cozy in the front two rooms of the restaurant, with a large bar in the back of the restaurant which serves food, has TVs and is a bit lounder. The food is consistently very good, especially the tilapia, which they serve over noodles with a great caper and artichoke sauce. Probably the best tilapia that I have eaten because it is fresh and has a lot of flavor. The filet is also very good, as is the soup. And, it has the best martini in town. If you are visiting Pell City, this is-- in my opinion-- by far the best restaurant. The service is good and the prices are very reasonable. I must have eaten at the Tavern over thirty times, and I have never had a bad experience or meal. Overall, the Tavern is a very solid dining experience.

• Visited December 2012