“Don't Trust Your Reservations Will Be Correct”

Hampton Inn Pell City
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Pell City
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This Hampton is nice, well kept, newly remodeled. The hotel seems to have a big problem in making, and holding, reservations. I probably spent a total of 3-4 hours getting mine made, re-confirmed, and then finally arrived at the hotel to be told we had no reservations and it was sold out. I guess they expected us to go and sleep in our car. All other hotels were sold out as well, there was a race at the Talladaga Racetrack that weekend. When I gave them my confirmation numbers, they could no longer deny I had reservations. We did not get the room types we had reserved and it took us an hour at the front desk at the end of a LONG day of driving to finally get it straightened out and in our room. They did comp us one night (for 3 rooms, I don't think that was enough) and gave us free bottled water during the weekend. The staff was very friendly and treated us well during the remainder of our stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 16, 2013

But have to choose average because it didn't tick all the boxes the other hotels I've been staying at have. Stayed for a 2 days while on a business trip. They are walking distance to several fast food restaurants and mexican, chinese, and Cracker Barrel. Just down the highway is Talladega Superspeedway and the other direction is Barber Motorsports Park.

First thing I noticed was the very slow internet. The entire time I was there, no matter if it was AM, afternoon or late evening, the internet was so slow that Facebook had a hard time loading, let alone downloading my work emails.

They also had issues with breakfast. The first morning, all the hot food was out, eggs, sausage, and I think there had been french toast in there. The second morning, the breakfast had "mystery meat' patties. It didn't look like any meat I've ever seen before. I don't know if they were actually sausage or tofu because I couldn't bring myself to try it. Maybe I've gotten used to the Hampton and Holiday Inns stepping up their breakfast game...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This hotel was clean and the staff were polite and helpful. The only problem we had was our reservation was not honored. We reserved a 2 queen non smoking room and were told the only rooms they had left were a 2 queen smoking or a 1 king non smoking. We took the 1 king non smoking and had to ask for a rollaway to be included. I also asked for a discount, and was offered $5 off the daily rate.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed there the week of 9/25 while visiting a customer. Good access to I-20 and there are a couple of decent restaurants nearby. The Comfort Inn was just as nice and charged be $35.00 less the last time I was there.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Ngerety, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pell City, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Jodythecat,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at the newly renovated Hampton Inn, Pell City, Al. We appreciate your status as a senior contributor and your comments regarding your stay. We at the Hampton pride ourselves on our new renovations, spacious rooms and our outstanding "hamptonality" customer service. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back.

Sincerely

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We have been going to the Pell City Hampton for fishing tournaments for the last 2 1/2 years. We chose this Hampton because of the power outlets outside. As a fisherman, his boat is his pride and joy. So each night his pride and joy needs a little power boost for the next day of fishing on Logan Martin. While he goes fishing, I chill at the hotel. This is my leisure moment, I do absolutely nothing. All of the employees I have had interaction with are great. I have never encountered a bad experience. We will be seeing them next year.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Excellent location in relation to the sports complex. Room was great as always. Coffee was hot and ready when you entered. Quick and speedy checkout. Not far from the highway, but heard very little traffic noise.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Great people working there, they all were very help full at all times, Bobby was great and help make my stay as good as it gets. All the staff did am outstanding job. Cookies were good too. House keeping worked around my shift to keep things clean, if i was working 2nd they would clean later. Just a great job by everyone Thanks

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Days Inn Lincoln
Days Inn Lincoln
#3 of 3 in Lincoln
Best Western Plus Bass Hotel & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn Pell City? Share your experiences!