“3.5 Stars”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Pell City
Chicago
“3.5 Stars”
Reviewed July 16, 2008

Check-in staff was nice and efficient.

The bed was extremely comfortable and linens were clean.

The maid apparently forgot to finish cleaning the bathroom. Only the countertop and literally half of the toilet had been cleaned (there was pink cleaner that had dried on it). The bathtub and the floor had not been cleaned. Yikes. The rest of the room was clean!

Very quiet, we slept great after I cleaned the bathroom.

The hotel is right off the freeway and surrounded by fast food, Wal-Mart, etc. There is a Holiday Inn Express right next door that looks nearly brand new. Our room faced the freeway but we did not hear it whatsoever.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — The bed!!!
  • Stayed July 2008
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Hungarian first
MEM
Reviewed March 15, 2008

Your typical, average Hampton Inn.

I arrived late in the evening, about 10PM. I needed to get some work done while my wife slept, so I took advantage of the free wifi. Plenty of plugs around the work desk was a plus. Overall, this is a sufficient room to do work, studies, etc.

TV was fine, although the button on the TV itself was missing to power the device. If the remote was missing, we'd be in trouble. Luckily that wasn't a problem.

Towels were a bit rough ... but overall nothing to complain about. It is a Hampton Inn, afterall. Not a Ritz Carlton.

Breakfast bar was fully stocked and clean. Check out was a breeze. Adequate parking. I saw a pool, but it was raining and cold when I was there so didn't try it.

FYI, this hotel is in the parking lot of a Wal-Mart, also overlooking the Interstate. If quaint hotels are your thing, this one should be skipped. Holiday Inn Express is next door. I was in Pell City about 10 hours so can't comment on the rest of the city.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Alabama
Reviewed July 8, 2007

Our firm does emission testing. I made reservations for our 3 person test team to stay at the hotel for 4 nights starting on 9 July 2007. I was given a verbal comnfirmation number by the lady who took my reservations. She also confirmed the dates to me verbally.
When our personnel arrived to check in, they were told that the reservations started on 16 July 2007, and they had no availability. I am a project manager with 40 years experience, and did not make a mistake about the date, but the hotel manager would not accept responsibility that they made the mistake. He would not help in any way. Therefore, we will not be staying at this hotel again, and I will make sure that our company is made aware of the problem with Hampton Inns.

Stayed July 2007
1 Thank GeorgeAlabama
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 31, 2006

I stayed at the Hampton Inn for a business trip. The breakfest bar is lite and simple. The hotel was fairly new and the staff was very helpful.

The location is off the freeway exit (quiet freeway) and next to a Wal-Mart.

In the area, we ate at "Cafe Avanti" twice. Good Italian food. and open until 9pm on the weekdays.

Overall for the area, two good options.

Stayed May 2005
Comfort Inn Lincoln
Comfort Inn Lincoln
#1 of 3 in Lincoln
Hampton Inn Birmingham / Leeds, AL

Been to Hampton Inn Pell City? Share your experiences!