“Nice Comfortable Stay”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Pell City
Stuart, Florida
“Nice Comfortable Stay”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I used the Quality Inn for an overnight stay with our two dogs on our road trip to California. The rooms were clean and very conmfortable. We have stayed here before and it is close to the interstate and and a good price for the accomodations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed here during the Fall NASCAR race in Talladega. Great location but that is the only positive. Owner price gouged the rate--normally $70/night but $180/ night for race weekend. The hotel is a mess. It is unsafe--out of date fire extinguishers, non closing fire doors, and the lock on our door was broken. Other negatives: shorts in light switches, shower never produced hot water, and Wifi that never worked, Sadly, the owner only offered excuses. Stay away.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank 4733

Travelers are raving about these Pell City hotels

East Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Checked into this hotel a little after midnight. The apperance from the outside is not too bad, but the inside could use a lot of work. The Hotel was not clean at all. The room I was given had such a heavy smell of smoke that I had to ask to be moved. The second room I was given had a lock that didn't work properly. It was so bad that I thought someone was in the room and had it locked from the inside. I had to be moved a second time. The room I ended up with had damp sheets and linen. The bathroom was so unclean that my wife wouldn't even allow my daughter to use it. The breakfast was down a flight of stairs in a sort of "pit" like area off to the side. Unless you're a truck driver just looking to get off the road for an hour or two, do yourself a favor and go to the Comfort Suites, Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express in Pell City which are right up the street next to Wal-Mart, less than a mile away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank embrydl
illinois
Reviewed March 30, 2012

This hotel was a disappointment. It features a split entry with stairs up or down from the lobby. The desk clerk informed me that no elevator either. The next morning I discovered a handicap elevator. Bad Clerk!
The bathroom was so small that we could barely close the door. They need to change the door so that it swings outward. The mattress was old and sagged badly.
Like others have said, the staff had to be asked to replenish the food at breakfast two times during our meal.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank spokybob
Columbia, SC
Reviewed April 19, 2011

we felt like we were sleeping in a friend's basement bedroom. The hotel is located just off the interstate and easy to find. The clerk at the desk was friendly and seemed helpful. Our first surprise was that there is no elevator in the hotel, so you either have to carry your luggage down about 8 steps or up about 10 stairs. There is a freight type elevator that can be used for handicapped persons, but it is not readily available for other guests and how you would call to use it to get back upstairs is beyond me because yu have to go into a storage area (I think) to use it. The room they gave us was on the lower level with a window that is just above the ground level outside. It has been over 20 years since we have had the luxury of a basement but we hadn't forgotten how depressing it can be to sleep in the basement. Be sure to ask for an upper floor room if you can handle carrying up your luggage. The room was clean, the bed somewhat comfortable and it was reasonably priced. You also have to go down about 5 stairs to access the breakfast bar, which is not handicapped accessible at all. Breakfast was decent enough to get you on your way in the morning. I would consider staying again, but I think I might be more apt to check out hotels a few exits before in Oxford, AL. There isn't a whole lot of options for hotels on this route as you get closer to Birmingham, AL. I will say the parking lot was full in the morning and there were a lot of expensive boats there so it felt like a somewhat safe area. There is a bar-b-cue resturant close by that was good for dinner and also a Walmart is there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd or third floor.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank blamarche
North Alabama
Reviewed April 6, 2011

This hotel was located next to a gas station and several restaurants. Check in was easy. Small hotel in good location with friendly desk staff. Rooms were clean. Breakfast bar could have been restocked at a faster pace. The only complaint that I had was that I had a non-smoking room located across the hall from a smoking room. During my stay the smell of smoke from the room next door was so strong that I had to place towels under the door to keep the smell out of my room.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: No elevator in this hotel.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Brundidge, Alabama
Reviewed October 30, 2008

I was looking for a cheap but clean hotel to rest in for the night until it was light enough for me to drive. This property was the first on U.S. 231 off of I-20 that seemed to match my needs. I had passed a Hampton Inn, and a Comfort Inn. If I kept going I would have seen several cheaper hotels. I was tired and while I did not like the price ($75 total) I got a room on the 1st floor. I had to go thru 3 doors and down a flight of stairs to get to the room. There was a handicap elevator (old fashioned open type platform) but I was not told about it even as I complained about the difficult I had getting luggage thru multiple doors and down the stairs. I then tried to get ice from a nonworking machine, and when I trudged back to the lobby area to ask were a working ice machine was , I was told "that's the only one". I then asked for some asprin for my legs and was told" we are out but the gas station at the bottom of the hill sells them". The room itself was clean and nonsmoking but the hallway was filled with smoke. There was a 100% guarantee card in the room but when I mentioned al the problems to the morning desk clerk she just stared at me. No" I'm sorry", nothing. I did not want a free room just a reduction in the too high rate.

• Liked — Clean room
  • Disliked — price, failure to honor guarantee
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
Americas Best Value Inn Riverside/Pell City
Comfort Inn Lincoln
Comfort Inn Lincoln
#1 of 3 in Lincoln

Been to Quality Inn Pell City? Share your experiences!