“great buffet restaurant”

Golden Corral
Ranked #20 of 84 Restaurants in Pelham
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is very well known buffet restaurant and is large also.. It has lots of choices in salad, veggie,hot items, meat and even stak on the buffet line.The desrt bar area was very delicious.

There are newer reviews for Golden Corral

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Golden Corral is known for having a free buffet (including beverage) for all active duty and veterans around Veterans Day. This year it was on Monday, Nov. 12. I like eating here so I've been to this one for the last several years with my father-in-law and my wife. Families pay the regular price. It is probably one of their busiest days of the year. Because they are so busy they fill up all of the tables and it is fun to share your table with other former servicemen and women. All of us have our stories to tell.

This is a buffet, so the food is prepared for a buffet line. The salad was fresh, and their seafood salad, as always, was among the best in town. They had steaks cooking all the time so you could have yours the size you wanted and the "doneness" that you like. They had roasted entire turkeys and mine was cooked to perfection. They had a good variety of other meats, from ham, fried chicken, beef stew, fish, and ham.

Their bread is fabulous. The vegetables were cooked "country style" but without the heavy added fat and salt -- they were "just right." They even have pizza for the children.

I love their dessert menu, especially the no sugar added blueberry pie, chocolate pie, and other items. The restaurant is very much aware that diabetics eat there and accommodate their needs.

The soft-serve ice cream is a nice treat, as is their new dipped ice cream. Their bread pudding is excellent. The others with me said the regular pies, cakes, and cookies were good.

The service and food is usually good at this restaurant and this trip was no exception. Our glasses were continually filled with whatever we had chosen. The dirty plates were promptly removed from the tables to make room for seconds or more. And, the stack of plates were clean -- I didn't see any dirty plates put to the side.

Yes, the restroom could have used some more attention. It wasn't the cleanest I've seen but far from the worst. I will say that the problems did not appear to be long standing, but rather they type that could have happened moments after the last cleaning an hour or two before.

Thank you, Golden Corral, for your gift to myself, and for honoring those who have served our country. You made me feel welcome, and gave me a good meal. I'll be back, and not just on Veteran's Day.

If I want to take someone, or a group, somewhere where I can count on getting a good meal at a reasonable price, either this one or the one on Center Point Parkway is where I come.

1  Thank LoveTravelingOn
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Dirty place, they just want to feed you like pigs at a trough, yuck clean it up please. I wonder if all buffets are this dirty

1  Thank Jackieb3
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Bland, dirty, crowded and anything you waited to be cooked are given out like it is gold. My son loves it--chocolate fountain---would have to have a gun to her head to make my wife go--really don't blame her .

1  Thank foodmarc15
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Never been to a Golden Corral before but this was one of the best buffets I have ever been too....Such a great variety of foods and excellent service.