“Double charges for pets”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Pelham
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed here twice in two months because it was close to the nursing home my mom is in. We are forced to bring our dog with us as we have no one to watch him. Found out that the hotel charges an extra 15 dollars for a pet friendly room - and on top of that charges 25 to 45 dollars extra based on the weight of your pet! Pet friendly yes...wallet friendly no! I would think the additional pet fee should have been plenty without the other. The room was nice, plenty of room, good size fridge, microwave. Carpet in need of cleaning - NOT spotted from pets but overall dingy. Good location, easy to get in and out and near the expressway. If no other choice and travelling with pet again, will return. However, trying to find somewhere else a bit more economical. On our first stay our bedside lamp had no on/off switch and the smoke free room had smoky smelling pillows. Mentioned this to the desk clerk and both items were remedied by our second stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Amy M, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We do charge extra for a pet room because it takes extra cleaning. We pull everything from the room so that the next pet guest will not have to worry about their pet reacting to the prior pet. This also insures that there is no leftover pet hair. Pets are great and we welcome each one. But the ones that are not so well behaved has made it bad on the well behaved pets. We do hope you will choose us again. We try to make our guest feel at home and we take each and every response (good or bad) to heart and strive to continually improve our property to make each stay a better stay than the last.

I look forward to your stay again.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed October 16, 2013

In the first 15 mins we found 5 roaches. We flushed the 1st 3 of them but by the time we got to the 5th one we decided it was time to notify the attendant on duty. The phone on the nightstand didn't even work & the complimentary notepad had water stains all over it! She refused to give our money back so we packed up & had to leave after midnight to go look for another hotel. It was either that or have roaches crawling on us all night. All of the hotels were sold out b/c there was a concert at the amphitheater that weekend so we had to end up getting back on the highway & going a few exits down. I was SO disgusted by the fact that this room was SO NASTY that I took pictures of all the bugs & filth in this hotel & wrote the corporate office of Quality Inn. They responded & said that each Quality Inn was individually owned but that they were going to send my letter directly to this owner & urge them to rectify the problem. I never heard a word from anyone from that Quality Inn. They sacrificed their reputation for $109.00 because anyone who asks me or my husband or my friend that was with us where to stay will be told "DO NOT EVER STAY AT A QUALITY INN EVERRRR" The name of this hotel is a joke...there is NOTHING 'quality' about this place...I can promise you that & their customer service is completely absent.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Amy M, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

I have read your review and from the pictures taken this is not the Quality Inn in Pelham, Alabama - the color scheme alone shows it is not our hotel. Please contact me at 205-444-9200.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I've stayed here several times over the past few months. The rooms could use a bit of updating, but they are clean, comfortable, and meet my needs perfectly. There is no elevator, so that is a bit inconvenient but there are only two floors. Parking can get pretty full on weekend nights.

Breakfast is fairly decent but the breakfast room is relatively small.

Staff is friendly.

I will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Amy M, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Quality Inn wants to express our thanks to you and to thank you for taking time in writing a review for us. Our guests' feedback is very important to us. We have taken your information and will use it inorder to make improvements to our hotel. We look forward to your stay with us again.

Thank you again.
Amy

Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was a stop for us on the way from Indiana to Florida. We stopped when the kids got antsy and wanted out of the van. We had initially stopped one exit earlier, but found the hotel we had scoped out was full.

Upon arrival, we were promptly lodged by a very kind manager. Upon arriving in our second-floor room, my wife immediately smelled smoke. I didn't, and smoke usually bothers me, but our kids started expressing stinky faces and my wife maintained she smelled it too. We called the front desk and moved to an adjacent room. The manager was most kind and came and saw to the move personally.

We settled in to our nice-smelling room and then left for dinner. We were gone for about 1 to 1.5 hours before returning to a smell I could only describe as sewer. Having already complained and gotten moved once, and having two very crabby kids, we decided to tough it out for the night... but it still smelled bad in the morning.

We woke up very early and headed up to the office area. My wife scoped out the breakfast they offered and checked us out... declaring the breakfast to be looking a bit on the weak side.

The beds were very comfortable - some of the most comfortable I have slept in at a hotel before. The room was cool and the temperature was easily controlled. I was fine with that... but the smell, and the dated appearance are enough to make me say that I wouldn't care to pay to stay in this particular Quality Inn again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Amy M, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

I am sorry your stay was unsatisfactory. I remember you and your family and we made every accomodation that we could. I have looked into the matter with your rooms, I have not gotten any feed back from the people who stayed in the rooms before or after your stay. I will continue to look into this matter. I wish you would have looked more closely at our breakfast, all our guest love our breakfast it consists of Waffles, Biscuits, Gravy, Sausage, Eggs, Yogurt, Danishes Bagels, Juices, Milks, Cereals. It has something for everyone. I am sorry you missed out. Please consider us again on your next trip, ask for me and I will give you a discounted rate in order to show you we really do care about our guest.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

The good:
Price was very reasonable. Booked online through their website and they had the competition near Oak Mountain beat. Requested 1st floor and they provided. Lobby was clean and staff was friendly and quick. Room was clean and smelled good. TV has great picture. Direct TV with a bunch of movie channels. Fridge roomy and cold. AC worked well. Location is top notch....plenty of eating places and near Oak Mountain State Park....able to ride my mountain bike from the trails to the hotel instead of having to load up in the car. Pool is clean, not huge though. Breakfast was typical and enjoyable. Plenty of coffee on-hand.

The bad:
Nice place, but nothing is perfect. The front door was scuffed up. Paint is pealing in the bathroom around the shower. The microwave is an analog timer and sounds like it is going to explode. Pillows are small. There was dirt on the walls around the light switches.

The ugly:
This is probably not a problem for most people but it has become a pet-peeve of mine. They were playing Fox "news" in the breakfast area. I see this a lot and it is surprising that a business owner would want to irritate 50 percent of the US population when there are other options on TV. I'm an independent voter. I don't like listening to anyone's propaganda. Fox News and/or MSNBC News is a point of view. Stick to CNN, CSPAN, weather channel, ESPN, or local news (or any anything else for that matter) if you want to avoid annoying people.

Summary:
I'd stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank trailblr
Amy M, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and taking time in writing your review. We love to hear from our guest and any comments/suggesstions is greatly appreciated and duly noted.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

My family stayed June 20/24and we enjoyed room,breakfast,the staff was great and cleanness wonderful,I would like to add one thing,hand sanitize be place on wall orlocated near doorway because many hands touch food container

• Stayed: June 2013
Amy M, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are glad you and your family enjoyed your stay. We are always looking for suggestions and will take your into consideration. Please come and stay with us the next time you are in our area.

Thank you.

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Driving home from Florida and needed a one night stay. 2 queens at a good price. Room was clean. Breakfast was good (even biscuits, gravy, and sausage). Called to get the last no smoking room and the lady was very friendly on the phone and upon arrival. Pool was a welcome place for my son to expend some energy after all day in the truck. Safe location with tons of eating options within walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2013
Amy M, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come and stay with us again.