We stayed at Quality Inn in Pelham for one night on our way further south.
The Good -
* This property is conveniently located right off the interstate within easy walking distance to Cracker Barrel, and Ruby Tuesday is literally in the parking lot.
* The room was very clean and a decent size.
The Bad -
* Neither the telephone or the clock worked properly.
* The bathroom was tiny.
* A list of t.v. channels was provided, but the t.v. only got about 10 of the channels listed.
* The breakfast was minimal, and there were only 4 tables in the breakfast area. We had to take our breakfast back to our room because every table was occupied.
* The bed was not particularly comfortable, and the pillows were literally in the shape of a square?How are we expected to sleep on those?!?
* We had to walk outside in the cold and rain to get to the breakfast room.
* Probably the worst thing was something that the management can do nothing about. This is an older property that has no elevator and all rooms are accessed from the outside. Making multiple trips to the car to retrieve luggage in pouring rain and then climbing the stairs with it is not my idea of a good time.
The Best -
*. The young man named Myrick who worked the front desk when we checked in was excellent. He was polite, and he did his best to help us with the alarm clock and phone that weren't working. When we couldn't figure out how to work the t.v., he came to our room to help us.
In conclusion, we won't stay here again. We would stay at Sleep Inn just down the street before we would stay here. Our frequent phrase during this stay was, "We'll, what do you expect for 60 bucks."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quality Inn in Pelham, AL is conveniently located off Interstate 65, exit 246, just 12 miles south of Birmingham and 75 miles north of Montgomery.Quality Inn is located near Oak Mountain State Park, across from Verizon Wireless Music Center and Pelham Civic Complex. The Birmingham International Airport, the University of Montevallo and Desoto Caverns Park are also minutes from the hotel.Visitors to the Pelham, Alabama area will enjoy a wide variety of outdoor recreational activities including golfing, horseback riding, ice skating, scuba diving, and fishing.There are several area restaurants, lounges and specialty shops located in the surrounding area. The hotel is within walking distance of Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Ruby Tuesday and Applebee's.Full-service features and amenities include complimentary hot breakfast with fresh waffles and free local calls. Guests are invited to relax by the seasonal outdoor pool or take advantage of free passes to the YMCA gym located minutes away.All spacious guest rooms feature 32” Flat screen HD TVs, with DirecTV (ESPN Sports & HBO), refrigerators, microwaves, coffee makers, and hair dryers. In addition to standard amenities, some rooms also include whirlpool bathtubs.We offer business travelers conveniences like access to fax services, free WiFi, free Business Center and multiple telephone lines. Competitive corporate rates are also available.Whether traveling to the Pelham, Alabama area for business or pleasure, the Quality Inn hotel offers friendly service with relaxing accommodations.Get your money’s worth, at The Quality Inn in Pelham. We look forward to your visit! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Quality Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Pelham
- Pelham Quality Inn