“Felt Like Home!”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Pelham
Atlanta, Georgia
“Felt Like Home!”
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I recently visited Birmingham and was a little nervous about this hotel. I have read the reviews and was hoping I would not be disappointed as my original plans were to stay at the Hilton. But due to unexpected expenses, I had to book a cheaper hotel. For the price, location and service I would highly recommend this hotel, the staff was very friendly and the rooms and lobby were very clean. This hotel offer free breakfast which was delicious (Waffles, eggs, sausage etc) and it was convenient to all types of restaurants that was walking distance. Hotel was very quiet and the bed was very comfortable! My only complaint is that we did not spend another night!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank theplanner25

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Sheffield England
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We were visiting our daughter who is studying at Montevallo University. The Hotel is around 30 mins drive from Birmingham International Airport and the University is a further 18 miles away, which takes around 30 minutes to reach by car. We chose the Hotel for it's location and price.
We have to say we were made to feel at home during our stay, with friendly staff always willing to help us and to make us feel comfortable. Our room was well maintained during our two-week stay with clean towels every day. The breakfast was ideal with a choice of cereals, croissants, bagels, waffles, scrambled eggs, sausages, fresh fruit, hot and cold drinks. The drinks were available throughout the day, so you could always help yourself when returning to the Hotel. There were also home made cookies in the afternoon, which was a nice touch.
Overall, an excellent location within two minutes of Interstate 65 and definitely a Hotel we would return to when visiting the area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MrW1962
Daphne, AL
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Stayed one Saturday evening. Room was one with king size bed. I have no real complaints with the room. It was ample size, with mini-fridge and microwave both of which worked. Shower and toilet separated from wash basin by a pocket door. Shower was one of the stand-up units with door---not tub. Shower head at approximately at 5' 8" but the shower head did swivel a little up. No obvious signs of stains or decay with my room. Breakfast area was roomy and good with two waffle makers, scrambled eggs, biscuits, sausage links, yogurt, cereals, juice, coffee. When I checked in, someone was complaining about not being able to get in their room again. Apparently there was a repeated problem with their key card. I had no issues with mine. My only real complaint was the strong cigarette smoke smell on the third floor hallway. It appeared most of the rooms were nonsmoking but the hallway still stunk.

Room Tip: Third floor hall reeked of cigarette smoke smell.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Infrequent_Tourist
Missouri
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We stayed here one night on our way down to Florida. We tried to stay in several places that were suites but everything was booked that night. This was our last try and they were very accomodating. The two people at the front desk were very friendly and gave us a good rate for both rooms. It looks to be a newer property and was very comfortable. The room was smallish but clean. Pelham seems to be a nice suburban area. I would stay here again if I ever pass through town.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank LibragirlMissouri
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 1, 2011

On our last trip, my husband booked a less than desirable room from the Choice Hotels. This time I decided to do my research. This Kind bed, non-smoking room was the same price as terrible room we had previously stayed in at a Quality hotel. However, it was a complete 180 from our other experience.

We were greeted by a friendly staff member, the lobby was stylish, clean, and well maintained. Our room was well decorated, stylish, and gave off a just-cleaned feel. It was a room we felt comfortable in, not like our last hotel stay that we wanted to run away from immediately.

The hotel was conveniently located just outside of Birmingham. There were more than a dozen restaurants located adjacent to the hotel. We were quite hungry and tired of driving when we arrived and were able to walk to a restaurant for a bite to eat.

We had to leave quite early in the morning, so I can't testify to the quality of the continental breakfast. But if we ever had the need to stay in the Birmingham area again, we will stay here!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank optstudent
florida usa
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed overnight this past Saturday night on the way to Illinois. Very impressed with the service, the room and the amazing breakfast! Beautiful lobby area with a very nice desk clerk. The room was very clean and very modern. The breakfast was a spread of items hot and cold. Even had biscuits and gravy! My daughter said the place looked fancy. Yet we paid less than expected for this room! I highly recommend this Sleep Inn

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank taam216
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed April 23, 2011

The Sleep Inn in Pelham was great! We were in town for a concert at Oak Mountain, and were able to walk to the venue. the rooms were very quiet, even though people were celebrating the concert, and we really enjoyed it. We didn't eat the breakfast, and wouldn't get the wifi to work, but hey, we were on vacation. I downgraded value because they tripled the price of the room with the concert in town. When i called they said it was because they were worried they'd get trashed. This was the case with all the hotels in town, though.

All in all, I'd stay there again! We had great meals at the Cracker Barrel and the Waffle House.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Daphne8100
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pelham
Best Western Plus Oak Mountain Inn
Holiday Inn Express Pelham - Oak Mtn Pk Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham/Pelham
Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65
Ramada Pelham
Ramada Pelham
#6 of 10 in Pelham
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Hoover

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!