“Clean, friendly”
Review of Ramada Pelham

Ramada Pelham
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Pelham
Reviewed December 3, 2009

This hotel was clean, well-appointed, and, in general, a pleasant experience. The desk staff was friendly and efficient and had me in my room quickly. Great value.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed October 30, 2009

Ken brought us a rollaway and was wonderful and very helpful.All staff great. we booked with hotwire for 3 people. Hotwire booked us in a 1 bed handicap room. That was not the hotels fault.Thanks to staff for all the help in getting a cot. And offering to move us when they had a cancellation.We would stay there again only because of service of staff and cleanliness.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2009

I was unavoidably delayed in getting back to my hotel to check out on time- was just over an hour late. Assistant manager wanted me to pay her $100 to get my things back from my room (had only paid $57 a night for a 3 night stay) or she would keep my things. Was told maids leave at 2:00 (this was well before 2) and she could not rent my room due to my lateness. To finally resolve the issue and get my things, I had to give the desk clerk $20 cash. (Interesting note, when retrieving clothes, my room had been totally cleaned already.) My repeated request for contact info for a manager or owner (privately owned Ramada) was denied. She did, however, offer to take my complaint and pass it on. Having traveled for many years, the handling of this situation was unlike any other I have experienced and bordered on bizarre.

Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank SuZanne58
Reviewed March 25, 2008

Read some reviews from other sites that were favorable and decided this was a good 2 star option.

We had absolutely no problems here. Clean room, friendly staff. Convenient location. It is a great location right off of 65, not far from the Riverchase Galleria and extremely close to the Oak Mountain State Park.

Free Internet connection. First night had trouble getting the wireless to work, but the front desk provided an Ethernet cord at no charge to borrow.

Also, if you're planning on staying in the area for a few nights, it has a fridge and microwave so you don't have to eat every meal out. Not to mention a decent continental breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 8, 2006

Stayed 3 nights, closest hotel to Talladega, AL I could find. It was about 50 miles from the track but well worth the drive. The counter staff was very helpful and friendly, they gave me a map of the back roads to use to avoid the Freeway traffic, which had a lot of construction work as well as becoming a huge parking lot on race day! The room was spotless and stocked with the usual shampoo, conditioner, lotion, 2 large bar soaps, a small coffee pot (which I always appreciate having in the room), a hair dryer, iron and ironing board, microwave, and mini fridge. The staff even had a small basket on the dining table with a note to "the race fans" with 2 sodas, crackers, chips, suckers, and mints as a special extra treat...over and above what was expected of the staff to do! The free continental breakfast was the usual items, the lobby dining area was fully stocked and very clean, and I so love those fresh waffle machines, yum! The hotel is convenient to the freeway entrance, located next door to 2 nice restaurants and all the fastfood places are real close too, gas stations also close for gas and convenience items if needed.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone having occassion to travel in the Birmingham area.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Jenyart888
Reviewed February 5, 2005

I stayed here on 4 February 2004 and had no complaints. The desk clerk was very nice, the rates were reasonable, and the room was very nice. In fact, it was one of the cleanest rooms that I have stayed in. The continental breakfast was acceptable. The small exercise room was small, but convenent. There were many good restaurants and fast food place within walking distance. I would definitely stay here again!

19  Thank marks
Reviewed October 19, 2003

Dispite the "bait and switch" review I read at this site I still tried this motel. It was just fine for a travel motel. Even better than some I've stayed in. The bill was just what I expected. They have a pool, exercise room, free continental breakfast, and a hairdryer. The room even had a refrigerator and microwave that I wasn't expecting. It was clean and the people were very nice. It was very convienient to many restaurants. Good Job!

1  Thank ATakko
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pelham
Best Western Plus Oak Mountain Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham/Pelham
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#9 of 10 in Pelham

Been to Ramada Pelham? Share your experiences!