“Pleasant hotel experience”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Pelham
THIBODAUX
“Pleasant hotel experience”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Was a clean atmosphere with pleasant aroma. It was in a central area that was in the middle of all activities that were planned. The staff was experienced and pleasant. Made me feel welcome. Would definitely book again at this Ramada if the need ever arises in this location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Lisa J, Front Office Manager at Ramada Pelham, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for taking time to leave a review on your recent stay with us, We are
happy that you enjoyed your stay, We hope to see you very soon for another visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have been staying weekly at the Ramada Inn in Pelham, Al For the last 10 years. Need I say More!! The management, front desk and staff go out of their way to assist me with any need i may have. I recommend it to all of my friends and family who may need to stay in the B'hm area. Their continual upgrades to the facility and rooms make it comparable to even the newest motels around and their rates are even better! I could go on and on but "Whatever It Takes Attitude" will keep me coming back as long as they will have me! Anybody who would complain about this motel is just someone who will complain about anything.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Lisa J, Front Office Manager at Ramada Pelham, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you very much for leaving such a fantastic review. You have been a friend of the
Ramada Inn Pelham Al family for many years now. It is always our pleasure to welcome you into our home. I promise to never change and to always provide you with a comfortable
and relaxing stay. We hope it always feels like home when your staying with us.
See you very soon.
MOBILE
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was a late arrival and check in was quick and pleasant. Staff was helpful and very courteous. Parking was close to my room and easy to get to.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your recent stay with us. We
are happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you back very
soon for another visit.
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Keep driving, if you even think about stopping here. Upon checking in the room smelled terrible and we found a dead spider on the floor of the bathroom. The room was just dirty overall and the carpet was gross. We then took the kids swimming and the pool had a bottle cap on the floor of the pool, along with a bunch of leafs that had obviously been there some time. We got a crib that looked like something out of an insane asylum, we were to scared to use it. While carring for the baby, in the middle of the night something type of bug crawled over the my foot. In the morning, we found a pair of women's underwear on the walkway outside of our room. This place should be listed on the DO NOT STAY list, for anyone. It needs to be closed for health reasons.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tricia S
Lisa J, Front Office Manager at Ramada Pelham, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your recent stay with us, I was very
shocked to hear that you had encountered problems on your recent stay. This is totally
unacceptable and I apologize that we did not provide you with the clean, comfortable stay
you have every right to expect. I can understand your disappointment and dismay. I hope
that you will give us the opportunity to share our Southern Hospitality with you in the very near
future, The hotel has changed from a Ramada Limited to a Ramada Inn and the hotel is under
going a lot of upgrade and changes. I hope to see you very soon to see all the wonderful
upgrades the hotel has underwent.

Travelers are raving about these Pelham hotels

Wisconsin
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We had just spent a full day driving from Bloomington Illinois and were anxious to get out of the car and rest. We interrupted a conversation the desk clerk was having with someone (we assume was another employee). He verbally acknowledged us and we patiently waited for about 5 minutes for his assistance.

The room we were assigned was a few doors down from the lobby facing the freeway. I walked in and just couldn't stand hearing any more traffic after sitting in the car all day. So we asked for a room on the quieter side of the hotel.

Room was clean and adequately sized, although special. Typical room set up .. round table/chairs in front of the window, dresser with tv, 2 queens. Clothing rack/vanity area open to the room and an enclosed tub/toilet area.

My only complaint was the bathroom walls were in desperate need of serious updating. The plaster looked dingy (or the light from the fixture was yellow). Sitting on the toilet your view was several brownish streaks on the plaster .. you can guess what it looked like .. although I'm sure it wasn't. The plaster was just old.

Around the shower head, pieces of plaster were missing or cracked enough to have gaps between the pieces. Everything worked fine .. just looked .. well not so nice for paying a high-end economy price.

Beds were comfortable (firm, yet soft enough) and we slept well. Breakfast was basic ... fruit, juice, toast, bagels, etc. Although they had mini-danish with assorted fillings. Liked the idea of having a pastry but not all the typical calories.

The highlight of our stay was dinner at The Roadhouse around the corner from the hotel. Best ribs I've had in a long time and very reasonably priced. My husband enjoyed his steak also. My husband and I both left walked out with plenty of leftovers.

The hotel room was fine, although I would have liked a room that didn't look so dated and had more visual appeal.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank luv2packlite
Lisa J, Front Office Manager at Ramada Pelham, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your recent stay with us. We are happy
to hear you had a great sleep and enjoyed your breakfast. The hotel is being upgraded
from Ramada Limited to a Ramada Inn so the hotel is under going alot of upgrades.
We hope to see you very soon, so you and your family can see all the new wonderful thing we will be doing on your next visit to Pelhham Al.
Wolverine, Michigan
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Easy off highway location, accepted coupon from Welcome center book. clean room, comfy queen bed. Forget the time change, got up too early for continental breakfast, Drove around corner to Cracker Barrel.
Would stay again for one nighter, both hosts were polite and reccomended pizza delivery, that was yummo!

• Stayed March 2012
Lisa J, General Manager at Ramada Pelham, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your stay with us. We are happy
to hear you had a nice visit. We hope to see you very soon for another visit on a
night the time don't change so you can enjoy our complimentary breakfast.

See you soon!
Columbus, Georgia, United States
Reviewed February 26, 2012

This was a last minute booking but we got a great deal and needed a room after checking out of the hospital late. The hotel is near tons of restaurants Cracker Barrel, Golden Corral, and all the basic fast food places. The gentleman at the desk was very nice and helpful. The room was clean and the bed was VERY comfortable to me (a firm bed which I prefer). The bathroom and shower was clean and the area is very well lit. The complimentary breakfast was the standard coffee, juice, milk, cereal, muffins, donuts, toast BUT my son was very excited because they had a self serv Belgium Waffle maker so he got a homemade waffle for breakfast. We also like the later check out time, Noon I believe it was. I am a big reader of "hotel reviews" and ALL hotels get some bad ones because there is always someone who isn't satisfied. I feel we got a great deal for our money and We will definitely be using this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Lisa J, Manager at Ramada Pelham, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
to see that everything was perfect during your visit wth us. I would have to agree
with you our housekeeping and front desk staff are wonderful. We try to specialize
in "Southern hospitality" here at Raamda Limited . We hope to see you stop back
in for another visit soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pelham
Best Western Plus Oak Mountain Inn
Quality Inn
#8 of 10 in Pelham
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham/Pelham
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Hoover

Been to Ramada Pelham? Share your experiences!