“Nice appearance - mediocre stay”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Pelham
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The hotel was off the main path from the highway. Our past experience with this chain we thought would be worth the drive. Room was okay at best. Drains in shower and sink did not flow properly. Very noisy due to other guest. TV did not get all the channels listed. Not what we expected from this chain.

• Stayed: June 2013
C0mf0rtSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear Rick K,
Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay here at the Comfort Suites of Pelham, AL. However I wished you had made us aware of these things while here at the property so we could have addressed them right away. We pride ourselves in taking care of our guest. If ever back in the area give us a call so you can see how your comments made an impact on our property.

Tara GM

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed here on our way to Florida. It is a little ways off the interstate, and hard to find, so be sure to have directions, if you do not have a GPS. Check in and out was very fast and efficient. Everyone was very friendly. Our room was very clean. We had a king size bed and sofa in a sitting area, with a larger refrigerator than what you find in most hotels. They did have newer furnishings, such as pillowtop mattresses, which was very comfortable. Wifi worked with no issues. Had the typical breakfast of waffles, yogurt, cereal, hard boiled eggs. What they did not have was warm cookies at the front desk awaiting you when you check in. We have stayed at other Comfort Suites with warm cookies! Yummy, but not at this one. There are several chain restaurants in the area. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
C0mf0rtSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience that you had while staying with us at the Comfort Suites of Pelham, AL. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Please do not hesitate to give us a call direct to property.

Tavira Wallace GM

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Great hotel. Spacious suite, clean and nicely furnished. Good breakfast area and breakfast. Room was a tad noisy. 1st evening was dryer and washers on the floor below. 2nd night was next room being cleaned etc. To be fair they did offer to move us but both nights we'd got settled in and really couldn't face the upheaval. Slept ok both nights.

Room Tip: Avoid room 212 a tad noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

I am so sorry that you had a less than perfect stay while here at the Comfort Suites. Give me call and give us a chance to make it right on your next stay with us.

Tavira Wallace GM

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed two nights with Comfort Suites. It was my first time with this brand and location. I was impressed with the room it was large, clean and comfortable. I will use this chain again.

The room was clean and comfortable. Our room had two beds, sofa bed, and refrigerator. The room had wired (my preference) and wireless internet. The bed was of the pillow top variety, my wife and I both commented on how comfortable it was.

Breakfast was typical continental fare, biscuits, toast, waffles and cereal. They also had hard boiled eggs and yogurt. Lots of chain restaurants in the area, McDonald's, Ruby Tuesdays, and Cracker Barrel to name a few.

Staff was a youngish and overly focused on their PCs rather than helping guests. Not really a problem, but desk clerks that would rise and look at you instead of being buried in their computer screen would improve the experience. My advise to the manager would be a no surfing policy while staffing the front desk.

Room Tip: Pick a room away from the stairwells. Stairwell doors are not dampened and make a loud booming noise...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
C0mf0rtSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thanks for taking the time out to write a good review. A lot of times we only write if something was wrong. It feels good to get praises and I also like to know when something can be changed as well. So thanks for taking the time!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

This place is OK but I am used to better at Comfort Inn and Suites. Although I hate to say it, when we visit Pelham to dive at Blue Water Alabama, we stay at the Sleep Inn. We stay at Choice hotels to use their points program. Normally we pay a bit more and stay at the more upscale Comfort Inn/Suites, but in Pelham, after one stay at the Comfort Suites, we have decided to use the Sleep Inn from now on.

The Comfort Inn is more out of the way, the rooms are a bit run down and the whole tenor of the place seems a little dirtier. It just seems a little smarter to save a bit of money and stay at the Sleep Inn instead.

I have no complaints about the staff, they are friendly at both places and the breakfast is nicer at the Comfort Suites.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Sorry, sorry, sorry about your not so pleasant experience. Although this response when compared to the Sleep Inn is totally opposite then what I normally receive. Give me a call when you return give us a second chance and maybe we can get it right on your next stay.

Tavira Wallace, GM

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I booked a room here because the reviews were decent. I traveled from Oklahoma to Alabama and was in major need of a good nights sleep. Once we got to the room we noticed it to be a bit stuffy. No biggie I will just turn on the A/C and that should fix it. Wrong!! The A/C was set at 60 and went on and off very quickly. I tried to sleep and finally gave up at 2 AM. I left the room and continued on my way to Florida. The room was so stuffy that I could not breathe. I will never stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Go To Another Hotel For A Good Night Rest!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
C0mf0rtSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

I am so sorry that you were uncomfortable here. I wish that you had made the staff aware of the situation so that better accommodations could have been provided. We pride ourself in making our guest happy. If ever back in the area please give me a call and I will personnally accommodate you.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is the worst Comfort Suites my family and I have stayed at. The desk staff is friendly, but they alone cannot control the lack of cleanliness and general low level of quality here. The room was not well cleaned, the couch cushions looked as though they came from a local garage sale, the sheets had these "fuzzies" that covered them and wiped off like sand, fold-out couch blankets were stained, walls are cracked, shower plug has to be pulled completely out to let water drain, and the television was of TERRIBLE quality. The elevator buttons on the first floor are pushed into the drywall. Many of the key card readers do not work well either. Then there is the pool. We chose this location because of the indoor pool that is not common in the south, but needed in late December. I won't make that mistake again. The pool is TINY, even by Comfort Suites standards. I'm not exaggerating when I say it is 30' by 30' square. I've seen bigger hot tubs! The size of the pool was not as big of a deal as the black mold growing on the walls around the pool windows. The paper signs around the pool were moldy as well (besides being filled with grammatical and punctuation errors). The breakfast was a plus and was up to Comfort Suites standards. The staff and the breakfast just cannot make up for the sliding standards at a hotel that was rated "gold" three years ago.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
C0mf0rtSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

I am sorry and surprised that you had so many problems arise on your stay here and even more shocked that this is the first that I am hearing of them. I asure you that they will be addressed. Thanks for taking the time out to let us know what we are doing wrong so that we can make the proper corrections and again I am so sorry that your experience here was not a great one.