“Average”

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Pelham
Powder Springs, Georgia
“Average”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This property was o.k. Nothing spectacular. We booked on line hoping it would be as nice as the one in Huntsville. It was not but it was ok. We booked two rooms. When given the pass to the rooms we went up to check out how they looked. We were quiet surprised to find that a family was in the beds and someone was in the shower! We were surprised and the were shocked. After we got it all worked out and assigned to another room we found it to be comfortable. Many restaurants near by. Not exactly the best view though.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
C0mf0rtSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
I am truly sorry your visit here was not a great one as we strive to make every guest experience a great one. Please give us a second try if ever in this area again give me a call directly at the property so I can personally take care of your needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I like this motel. It has style and comfort. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The only problem was some one was having a party and I called the front desk to complain she was on my floor NO LESS than 3 minutes taking care of the problem !!! Excellent job front desk and thanks for a good night and a good breakfast.

Room Tip: elevator is slow so get on the first floor
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for the compliment its always great to get those. Hope to see you soon!
Illinois
Reviewed June 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 6 days during graduation time and it was a good home away from home. Cool frames and old European car racing artwork on the walls. It was nice to have a different hot items to choose from everyday at breakfast. The dining area did get overly crowded when all the SEC baseball fans showed up. Comfortable bedding and clean quiet room and it always wins points with me when the sink is IN the bathroom. 100% smoke free is very welcome.
The price was reasonable too.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for the praises. Glad you enjoyed your stay!!!
Mitchell, South Dakota
Reviewed June 19, 2012

This was a nice motel, the hallways were overly hot and humid. The room was super nice. The front desk staff spent a good chunk of the time I was checking in flirting with another guest. The worst part of this motel was we forgot a bag in the room and when I called back to see if it had been found an ipod that was in the bag was no longer there. The manager I spoke with stated to me that her staff did not steal so it could not have been stolen. I would like to know where it went then as it was in the bag.

Room Tip: Don't leave anything behind you may not get it back
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Sorry to hear of the problems you had while visiting. Staff issues have been corrected. So please come visit again when here in Pelham, AL. Call me!
Springdale, Arkansas
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We were very pleased with this hotel. The room was clean and comfortable and the rate was excellent! The breakfast was average but free, so I have no complaints! All in all, I would stay at this hotel again!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thanks!!!
Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed here due to having to attend a wedding in the area. We often stay with Comfort Suites which was why we made our choice here. It was not up to par with the standards we are used to with this chain of hotels. There were many little appearance issues that the hotel management and maintenance have overlooked. Our first morning there we did not have the selection choice of hot breakfast we are used to while staying at Comfort Suites. The rooms were clean and comfortable, location was in a good spot, convenient to stores and restaurants. We were honestly a little disappointed with our stay, although not an awful experience, it was not par for the course with other Comfort Suites we have stayed at.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Sorry that you visit was not up to par. Staff issues have been corrected and I hope that you will be up to giving us a second chance!!
Wisconsin
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We left Florida without making a reservation for a room in Pelham. Thankfully for our 4G cell phones we were able to contact this Comfort Suites to confirm availability. It was the first hotel of many we called that had a room (there was a huge soccer tournament and the Big 4 were playing that weekend). My guess is the only reason this hotel had rooms is because it's tucked away in a fairly nice business district.

The clerk at the desk was very professional and checking in was quick. Everything about the room was quite comfortable. The only minor issues I had was that the bathroom counter space is limited so it gets crowded with toiletries, etc. for more than one guest. Also, the bathroom sink was clogged and could hardly drain (had the same problem in the Comfort Suites in Bloomington) the next night. If that's all that I can find wrong with Comfort Suites .. I can handle that.

We had checked in around 8:00 p.m. My husband went out for ice around 11:00 p.m. and saw a line out the front door of people wanting to check in.

The breakfast area definitely wasn't big enough to handle all the guests the next morning (and I'm pretty sure staff wasn't prepared for what literally became a full house over night) so I skipped breakfast there.

Turns out we heard from another guest a friend of their was driving down from Tennessee and couldn't find a room to stay in along that route either. Had we not found this room we were probably looking at another 4 hours of driving in rain after an already long day in the car.

Thank you Comfort Suites in Pelham .. we are very grateful that didn't happen to us!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank luv2packlite
Thanks for the compliments. Glad we could be a blessing to you and your family! Look forward to seeing you soon. Staff issue as far as maintenance has been corrected. I have a great team I must say so myself!