“Great local breakfast!”
Review of Bernetti's Diner

Bernetti's Diner
Ranked #17 of 85 Restaurants in Pelham
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

We were driving through on our way to Florida and didn't want to go to a chain like IHOP. The prices were great, the food was great, the service was great.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

BERNETTI'S COUNTRY KITCHEN (Bernetti's Diner 2) in Pelham, Alabama obviously thinks that being mean to customers and yelling at them in front of God and everybody, is the way to draw more customers. We went there last weekend to enjoy what we hoped would be a nice, calm meal, and we were quite surprised at the owner's/cook's condescending attitude, and the unprofessional staff. We both ordered the ribeye steaks, medium rare for breakfast, to go with our eggs. My steak was served well-done. The other steak was cooked just right...the first time. When i asked for them to cook another one, because I do not like steaks well done, about 2-3 minutes went by before another plate was "slammed" on the table; this steak well-done also! Did he not understand what we ordered? When I politely complained again, the owner literally SCREAMED at me, saying, "Look lady! I have tried my best to please you! We are not a steakhouse! I am NOT cooking you another steak!" Needless to say, we were appalled. The few customers they had in there that day, were shocked and their mouths dropped open. Our appetites were ruined completely at the attitude of the whole staff, who continued to gossip and act rude, laugh, and whisper while we sat there trying to force our food down. What really struck a cord with me is that when people go out to eat, it's considered a hospitality business, like a hotel; there isn't supposed to be any unnecessary stress involved in picking up a fork and eating a meal. If the cook/owner had felt any doubt as to whether he would have been able to cook the steaks right, he should have been upfront and told us that, instead of conniving his way into a paid bill, of which, of course, we had to pay in full. This all was despite his rudeness and that of the whole staff. What a belligerent jerk! I don't think this place will be open much longer! We will never be back!! This place doesn't even deserve 1 star.

2  Thank Jen J