“Poor bad, food average”

Cuisines: American
Birmingham, Alabama
“Poor bad, food average”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Service was slow and bad. Waitress bordered on rude. Had to grab another waitress for drinks. One of three entrees was served more than 10 minutes after the other two. Everytime we asked about it we heard a VERY hateful 'one more minute'. No explanation or apology. My Dad's hearing is not great and she made no effort to speak louder or more clear when he would ask her to repeat herself.

Food was not bad but definitely not anything special to make me eager to go back.

• Visited March 2014

The Villages, Florida
“Bad Service - Smells of Smoke”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Stopped for dinner on a road trip. Can't go wrong at Applebee's, right?. WRONG. Got seated and waited while our waitress flirted, talked, laughed with a couple of guys at another booth. This went on throughout the entire process of ordering, getting food, eating and getting bill. Another thing that stinks (literally) about this Applebee's is that smoking is allowed in the restaurant and even though it's in one section the whole place smells of smoke. If I lived there I would never, ever go there.

• Visited July 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
“Poor seating, Smoking, unprofessional wait staff and the male manager was no better.”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The worst Applebee's that I have every been to. There were so many complaints about the new staff who clearly did should have had more customer service training. I was squeezed done an isle between a large gentleman which was embarrassing. I was seated right next to the hostess station where they staff hung out and talked. I heard them talking about the young waiter seating me, the fund it to be amusing. My waitress was older but new and was obviously rattled by a large party she had that complained about the service and the meal. After I ate my soup I was so OVERTAKEN by SMOKE I left. While I was eating my soup, a gentleman who I take it was the Head Manager on Duty/Also over the wait staff checked on all guest in my sections and walked right past me. He then went over to the wait staff and started moving table assignments around because the wait staff, who I could hear clearly were complaining about the number of table being assigned to certain waiters/waitresses. Instead of quickly calling to the back. My heart goes out to the young female manager that was there. She did check on me and seemed to be the one handling all the unsatisfied customers. She went to what again was right next to me and tried to be discrete about letting the Older Male Manager know that the wait staff was should not all gather at the hostess podium and he snapped at her and told her, " I got this this you let ME worry about this"! As he made a large circle with his arms. Wow I did not even finish my soup I left. On my way out HE (the male manager) had a enough nerve to say he hoped I enjoyed and welcome me back with a SNIDE TONE. I won't say that I will not return to another Apple bees, I enjoy there soups but 360 Cahaba Valley Rd Pelham, AL 35124(205) 982-1022 WILL NEVER get my business again.

• Visited June 2013
Indianapolis, IN
“FOOD, SERVICE GOOD, SMELL OF SMOKE, NOT SO GOOD”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We like Applebee's for their 2 For $20 specials. Stopped here on our way to Florida. Food and service was very good, but as soon as you walk in the front door, the smell of cigarette smoke permeates the air. We told the hostess about it, so she seated us as far away as possible from the bar area, but still had the smell filtering our way. In our area, smoking is not allowed in restaurants, and we truly love that. Wish this area would pass the same law.

• Visited April 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Great food, good prices”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Lots of choices. The food was great and prices are reasonable. Definitely recommend this restaurant.

Visited April 2013