“Great hotel”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Pelham
Alabaster, Alabama
“Great hotel”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

A great place to stay... The staff is helpful and the rooms are well kept.. If your looking for a place to stay I would advise you to stay here... It is nice and quiet... A great bargin for the price....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jayw210

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Central, La.
Reviewed January 9, 2013

From the time we walked in Britney and the other workers greeded us with a smile. Ckeck-in was extremely easy in a professional manner. Every time we past an employee they would ask if we needed anything.
Thanks Ray,Alice&Alison

Room Tip: Rooms have a fresh smell and everything in place.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 6569
bw01073, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Oak Mountain Inn, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. You have choices and you chose Best Western Plus Oak Mountain Inn. You are a valued guest and your loyalty is appreciated.

I am so very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to exceed our guests' expectations and deliver a superior customer experience to every guest, every time. We hope you will come and see us again.

If I can be any assistance in the future, please contact me at 205-982-1113.

Thank you again from the staff here at Best Western Plus Oak Mountain Inn.

Guest Attendant Supervisor
Shelby, Alabama, United States
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I took some time away from home and the stay was nice and peaceful. I sometimes visit at The Best Western Plus when I want a break from my home. The staff is always friendly and helpful when I visit here. It was worth the getaway. If you are looking for a great place to stay this is a quiet clean hotel to stay. I also enjoy the rewards that I receive when I stay at these hotels as well. The staff is always friendly and helpful when I visit here. It was worth the getaway. If you are looking for a great place to stay this is a quiet clean hotel to stay. I also enjoy the rewards that I receive when I stay at these hotels as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
bw01073, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Oak Mountain Inn, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Kellie P,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review concerning your stay with us.Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback.

Our staff does indeed remember our guests and we truly enjoy having you with us. We will continue to strive in making your getaways with us as pleasant and problem free as possible.

We appreciate your loyalty to our brand and for your continued patronage at Best Western PLUS Oak Mountain Inn. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Guest Attendant Supervisor
BEST WESTERN PLUS Oak Mountain Inn
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We came for a trail race at Oak Mountain State Park and had a nice stay at this hotel over the last weekend. The receptionist-Steeley- was extremely polite to tell us about the nearby grocery stores. Unfortunately nowhere in the city we were able to find post cards and Britney-the other receptionist was kind and forwarded us paper and envelopes. The other receptionist, Laura was also very cooperative and the breakfast was presented in a professional manner by Mary- the bar attendant. The room was quiet and clean. The hotel deserves a 5+ stars rating. Alex & Narcis

Room Tip: We were worried about the hotels's location close to I-65 and the Receptionist-Steeley was so ni...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
bw01073, Guest Attendant at Best Western Plus Oak Mountain Inn, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

We hope you will come back and see us again soon. If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 205-982-1113.

Guest Attendant
Best Western PLUS
Cincinnati Oh
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We arrived at around 11:30 on a Friday night. I walk in the hotel and some girl in a t shirt and sweatpants walks out of an office by me and yells for the front desk guy like you would yell for a family member at home. He came right out. I heard that Best Westerns are all individually owned. I guess this was part of the family that owned this one. Right away I noticed that the hotel smelled damp. We get to our room and it is hot and again smells damp. we were tired from an 8 hour drive and it looked clean so we got into bed. The beds were horrible. Even my kids who are 13 and 11 said they didn't sleep well because the bed was uncomfortable. The next morning when I showered it felt like the bath tub was shaped weird. It was like it had a low seam running down the middle. We go to the free breakfast and they have a big air conditioner unit running in the middle of the floor and explain that the air on the bottom floor was lost in last nights storms. (it was storming). The Breakfast was worse than horrible. I have never seen bacon that was perfectly shaped and looked like the edges were cut with pinking shears. The eggs were gritty and gross. On our trip home it was back to a Marriott Fairfield Inn that was only ten dollars more than this hotel and better in every way

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Destindreammer
Sonya N, Manager at Best Western Plus Oak Mountain Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback reguarding your recent stay at the Best Western Plus Oak Mt. Inn. I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations as we strive hard to be the Best that we can be. I hope that when your in the greater Birmingham area that you will try and give us another chance as we do strive very hard to take all of our guest feedback and make all the necessary corrections in order to change what needs to be changed and made better for each and every guest. Please accept this 10% discount upon your next stay here at the Best Western Oak Mt. Inn as a token of my apology for the inconveniences that you experienced.

Once again thank you and I look forward to seeing you again.

Columbus, Indiana
Reviewed August 13, 2012

After reading the reviews I had to also admit that I loved the breakfast, you don't expect a good hot breakfast, as you usually get a cold continental breakfast and the breakfast bar attendant does make you feel as if she has known you forever and treats you like a good friend. It makes for a good experience. The housekeeping staff is also very friendly and very helpful, my room was clean, actually the whole hotel was always hopping with staff cleaning everywhere. I recommend the hotel and anytime I am in the area that is where I will stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Sandra G
Sonya N, Manager at Best Western Plus Oak Mountain Inn, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank You for taking the time to give us your feedback from your recent stay at Best Western Oak Mountain. We hope that if your ever in the Birmingham area that you will stay with us again. Once again thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I spent one night here. It's your typical roadside motel -- nothing special. Front desk personnel were extremely friendly and check in was easy. It was actually pretty quiet to be off the interstate. My biggest issue was questionable cleanliness: the room I was in (115) could use some deep cleaning and/or refurbishing. Overall, it seemed reasonably clean, but I felt that the carpet was not clean (although it was dark and didn't appear dirty -- it was dull and didn't feel clean). I'm not overly picky, but I wasn't comfortable taking my shoes off!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank lindyloujohn
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback on your recent stay here at the Best Western Plus Oak Mt. Inn. I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations and would like to apologize and if your ever back in the greater Birmingham area I would like to give you a 10% discount on your next stay and as always we use all of your feedbacks to help improve every guest experience.

Once again thank your for your time.

Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pelham
Holiday Inn Express Pelham - Oak Mtn Pk Area
Ramada Pelham
Ramada Pelham
#6 of 10 in Pelham
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Hoover

Been to Best Western Plus Oak Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!