“Acceptable, but needs some deep cleaning / refurbish”

Best Western Plus Oak Mountain Inn
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Pelham
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I spent one night here. It's your typical roadside motel -- nothing special. Front desk personnel were extremely friendly and check in was easy. It was actually pretty quiet to be off the interstate. My biggest issue was questionable cleanliness: the room I was in (115) could use some deep cleaning and/or refurbishing. Overall, it seemed reasonably clean, but I felt that the carpet was not clean (although it was dark and didn't appear dirty -- it was dull and didn't feel clean). I'm not overly picky, but I wasn't comfortable taking my shoes off!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank lindyloujohn
Sonya N, Manager at Best Western Plus Oak Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback on your recent stay here at the Best Western Plus Oak Mt. Inn. I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations and would like to apologize and if your ever back in the greater Birmingham area I would like to give you a 10% discount on your next stay and as always we use all of your feedbacks to help improve every guest experience.

Once again thank your for your time.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Everyone here is very friendly, very helpful and all eager to assist when you need anything. My room was clean but I did not feel it was Plus material. The breakfast was great and the attendant went above and beyond to make my breakfast a great experience, THAT IS A PLUS! I think her name is Kerry. It was refreshing to have someone greet you that early and what a smile. I will come back just for that!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank David W
Sonya N, Manager at Best Western Plus Oak Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Thank you for your feedback reguarding your recent stay at Best Western Oak Mountain. We are glad your stay was a plesant one and we hope that when your in the Birmingham area again you will stay with us. Once again thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

The motel has inside room access, and nice rooms and amenities. They provided a good breakfast, an all around good experience.

Room Tip: Inspect the actual room you are to stay in prior to checking in.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sam A

Thank you for your review of Best Western Plus Oak Mountain. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us, and greatly appreciate your feedback. We hope that anytime you are in the Birmingham area that you will choose to stay here at Best Western Oak Mountain. Once again Thank You for taking the time to give us your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We spent one night in this hotel and were very pleased overall. No complaints.

Room Tip: Use the hotel coupon books at the local "Welcome Center" for a better price than what can...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MKC18
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you for your response. We greatly appreciate your feedback, and are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that anytime you are in greater Birmingham area you will choose to stay with us. Again, thank you for taking the time to respond and tell us about your stay.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

My husband and I used a third party to book a hotel for a night without the kids for my birthday. We were shocked when the 3 1/2 star hotel we booked was a Best Western, when I called to complain the rep said it was a Best Western Plus and very nice.... Well fine, we got a good deal whatever... The location- great! Very close to Oak Mtn State Park and all the shoppingand restaurants we were interested... The staff-very friendly, no complaints there at all.... But not impressed at all with the hotel.. It wasn't nasty it just felt like a cheap hotel.. The room smelled like dirty gym socks, like I would expect of just your average hotel stay, but somehow this hotel was set up with a rating as a Hilton or Crowne Plaza according to the 3rd Party we used and I have NO IDEA how that happened because we were HIGHLY disappointed expecting that and pulling up to this place

• Stayed: June 2012
Olivia O, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Oak Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We greatly appreciate your feedback. We appologize for not meeting your expectations, and hope that the next time you are in this area, you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in a fashion that is more pleasing to your taste.
Again, thank you for reviewing Best Western PLUS, Oak Mountain Inn. We will use your feedback to improve our hotel.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

This hotel is convenient to most of the over the mountain parts of the Birmingham metro, and is clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. Hotel staff seem pretty friendly, too.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Olivia O, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Oak Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Thank you for your review of Best Western PLUS, Oak Mountain Inn. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and greatly appreciate your feedback. We hope that anytime you are in the Pelham area you will be our guest at Best Western PLUS, Oak Mountain Inn.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

I spent four days in the Birmingham area working last week and booked this hotel using information found on this website. It was a great decision. The room was extremely clean. The beds were comfortable and I slept well all four nights.

This hotel in convenient to both I-65 and US 280 (only 8 miles from 280 via Cahaba Valley Road) and in a safe area. What really set this stay apart from others was the service. After a long day at work, the front desk staff asked if they could make me waffles, and were super friendly.

Every time I saw someone who worked here, they smiled and asked if I needed anything. Breakfast was great and the staff goes out of there way to make sure that you have everything that you need or want.

I booked online and received my third night free and a reduced rate for the fourth night. At approximately 89 (including tax) and night, this hotel provided service that one would expect at a much higher priced hotel. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Olivia O, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Oak Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Thank You for your most gracious review of Best Western Plus Oak Mountain Inn. We greatly appreciate your feedback and hope that you will continue staying with us in the near future or whenever you are in this area.

Olivia Osborne
Director of Sales

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pelham
Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65
Holiday Inn Express Pelham - Oak Mtn Pk Area
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#5 of 10 in Pelham

Been to Best Western Plus Oak Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!