“Always clean and friendly”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Pelham
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We stay at this hotel whenever we go to Pelham to visit family and we are never disappointed.
The hotel is always clean and staff are friendly. We had a minor issue with the tub being slow but after notifying the desk, it was taken care of and we were pleasantly surprised to find a small basket in our room with water and treats. Breakfast is always hot and good.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
BhamSalesdirector, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. Guest feeddback is extremely important to us and we value the feedback we receive, Thank you for choosing to stay with us when in Pelham and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Our family stayed 1 night at this hotel as we were traveling down to Destin, FL. This hotel is very close to I-65 but we never heard any noise. We stayed on the top floor towards the back of the hotel and it was extremely quiet. The room was very clean and decorated nicely. The beds were super comfortable. After 8 hours in the car with a 1 year-old, we slept great! The breakfast bar was really good and they had many healthy options to choose from. The only complaint that i had was that I requested a pack n play for our room but it was not set up when we arrived. We asked the front desk and waited over 45 mins for it. My husband finally just went down and picked it up from the front desk. It was pretty dirty and had some yucky stains on it. There were no sheets for it either so our child just slept in the bed with us. Other than that, I would say we had a good experience and had a great night of sleep.

Room Tip: Request the top floor on the backside of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
BhamSalesdirector, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate guest feedback as it helps us measure our performance. I have shared your comments about the pack & play with our team and assure you that improvements will be made in this area. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

From the moment you arrive you will be treated friendly and courtesley by the entire staff. Manager Lisa, is a person who has the ability to make you feel as if you are the only guest and the most important person she has to deal with.

The rooms are very clean and comfortable with what appears to be new carpet everywhere. The breakfast was above average with people there to help you with any part of the meal. Most pleasant at all times even at the earliest opening time.

This hotel is perfect for going to the SEC baseball tourney with only 8 miles to the Met Stadium and away from the hustle and bustle of the mall area which is 3 miles away. We have enjoyed our stay for the last few years.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. Guest feedback helps us measure our performance and look for areas of improvement. The heart of our business is good service and clean rooms, two things we find very important. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

I stay at this property at least 2X per month.Rooms are fresh and clean,breakfast is always prepared early(before 6am) great for business travelers.Management and all associates are very friendly and helpful.This is one of my favorite hotels and I stay in hotels 4-5 nights a week.
Good exercise room,pool and spa great for families,Only negative in the entire hotel is their satelite tv system has limited channels.(no AMC and TCM)They do have multiple HBO and ESPN.This is only a minor inconvenience.

Room Tip: floors 3 and 4 are the quietest,If you are a marriott rewards member ask for a upgrade.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank alanporter41
BhamSalesdirector, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2014

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. Guest feedback helps us measure our performance and we appreciate your comments. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next stay with us!!

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I reserved a 1-bedroom suite as our son was traveling from out of town to join us for a retirement party. Upon check in, the desk clerk said there was a $25 fee for a second car. Seems there was a concert next door, and the hotel declared this a special event thus the parking fee. What a rip off! False advertising at its best since 'Complimentary Parking' means only when it benefits the hotel. I cancelled a reservation at a competitor's hotel to get this suite. Had I known about the parking fee, I would not have picked this property. Shame on the General Manager. This is not in keeping with Marriott tradition, and as an elite Marriott member, I'll let corporate know that deception is not good for the brand.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank RSBAtlanta_GA

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate guest feedback as it helps us measure our performance and look for areas of improvement. We imposed a second car fee due to the concert in our area. We made attempts to contact guest prior to arrival and aplogize if you were not informed in advance. We will re-examine our parking policy during concert nights and will implement better communication with our guests at these times. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Newer, well kept, nice gym....just clean. Easy to find although it's not on the highway motel sign. Only true complaint is the breakfast lacked - needed hard boiled eggs and better muffins, etc. Sure, they're always institutional at this kind of place but these were extra bad. But great property overall.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
BhamSalesdirector, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate guest feedcback as it allows us to measure our performance and identify areas for improvement. I have shared your comments with our team and will be evaluating other options for the breakfast items in your review. Again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We recently had an unfortunate reason to have to go to a motel for the night from our home nearby. I found the Fairfield Inn via the internet and booked a room for one night about 6:00pm. We arrived shortly after that and was so pleasantly surprised at the room. It was very clean and comfortable. Everyone we came in contact with was very nice and should the occasion arise again, we would go back there in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pelham
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham/Pelham
#9 of 10 in Pelham
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#5 of 10 in Pelham

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65? Share your experiences!