“Ammenities are horrible”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Pelham
Millbrook, Alabama
“Ammenities are horrible”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

the tv looses signal about every 20 minutes for 1-10 minutes. Its been doing this my entire stay. At breakfast the stuff in the omelet was cold and when I asked if there was anymore bacon, thr lady started to scoop up the crumbs for me. I said "I dont want crumbs" and the lady looked upset that she had to make more (it was only 740 am and breakfast ends at 9). The rest of the staff are really nice and the place is VERY clean. Also all the bed pillows are overly freakin huge, hard and made for a horrible sleep. Better bring your own pillow!! Just dont expect to watch tv or eat breakfast. At $109 a nite, I expect better than this.

• Stayed November 2013
BhamSalesdirector, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We value guest comments as they help us measure our performance and identify areas for improvement. I apologize for the TV issues. We had notified our satellite provider and have resolved this issue. As for breakfast service, this is unacceptable and we have already addressed the service issues with our breakfast attendant working that day. Marriott hotels offer both foam and feather pillows and we can change pillows out for guest anytime. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. If your travels bring you back into our area, I do hope you will give us another try.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

My wife & I are staying here now on a working vacation...she's working, I'm on vacation. It's a very nice, spacious, clean hotel with pleasant enough people. We are pleased with the stay & the location. BUT, have you ever stayed anywhere that the housekeeper does not knock prior to entering your room?? Yeah, me neither!

I wanted her to stop by but only for a few things, coffee & lotion, so I did not have the DND on the door. However, I assumed she'd knock prior to just walking right in. Boy, was I wrong! So glad I was not still standing there without my pants on! A few minutes later, my wife & I left the room & she saw us. I was just walking her to her car though and returned to the room not long after, she did not see me return. Shortly thereafter the door was unlocked again & someone was trying to come in but I had the latch over the door. Again the housekeepers were standing there apologizing when I had already gotten what I needed from her AND signed off on her little sheet that I didn't need further service.

That's my only gripe but, next time, PLEASE KNOCK FIRST!!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
BhamSalesdirector, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. Housekeepers are trained to knock before entering any guestrooms. We certainly need to re-train or provide further training in this matter and are thankful that you are providing this feedback. Necessary adjustments will be made to avoid such an inconvenience in the future. Again thank you for the comments. Guest comments always help us measure our performance and identify areas for improvement. We hope that when you return to the area, you will once again stay with us.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and I traveled from Cincinnati to Birmingham to see a concert at Oak Mountain. I picked this hotel based off of other tripadvisor reviews. They did not let me down! The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The hotel staff were friendly. There are many options for dining close by. If you are attending a concert at Oak Mountain, this is a prime location. You can walk to the concert and then back to your hotel once it is over. You avoid all the hassle of parking and traffic. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to friends and family. The only issue we had was that the WiFi was slow.

Room Tip: We got a room with a king bed on the end of the hall. It was more than enough room for a couple.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
BhamSalesdirector, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We strive to provide excellence in product and service and value our guest's feedback as it helps us measure our performance. I have shared your comment about the wi-fi with our operations director and we are looking at improving the bandwith. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Ansbach, Germany
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We spent 2 nights at the hotel. It is less than 0.5 miles from I-65. Lots of places to eat around the hotel, e.g. Wendy’s, Chick-fill-a, Applebee’s, Hooters etc. Many within walking distance. There is a Publix and Walmart within a mile of the hotel also. The hotel is back off the street so you have to work your way back there around the Margarita grill or Krystals or through the Hampton Inn parking lot.
Our 4th floor room was very clean with a decent amount of space. Fridge, microwave, coffee machine etc. The TV was a 32 inch flat screen with 37 channels including 3 HBO channels and around 8 high definition channels. The bathroom had a bath tub instead of some of the walk in showers that you now see in similar type hotels. Personally not an issue for me. Some families with young children probably prefer a bath tub.
Breakfast was served from 0600 to 0900 on weekdays and 0600 and 1000 on weekends. Lots of us were there for a sports tournament and I am not sure if that was a factor but they kept the breakfast bar open past 1000 on both mornings. The food was the usual fare. Scrambled eggs, sausage patties, good strong coffee, yogurt, apples and bananas, oatmeal already made in a pot, 2 waffle irons, baked items etc.
Overall the staff was friendly. I would recommend this hotel to any of my family and friends.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank John L
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us measure our performance. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I had planned to stay with a friend in McCalla after the Bama - Ole Miss game, but he had a family emergency arise. Not feeling up to driving back to Montgomery, I looked at my options. This property was available at a fair price, was on the way, very easy off I-65, and I could knock out a Marriott night on the way to renewing my silver status. The hotel was immaculately clean. Check-in was a breeze, even in the wee hours of the morn. Room was fresh and quiet and the bed was comfy. Folio was under the door in the morning for easy check-out. Breakfast was your standard fare but there was a nice lady keeping everything stocked and the pastries and coffee were fresh. A good experience and I would stay there again for events in the area.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are convenient when you're exhausted, but be prepared for a little noise with...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We strive t provide excellence in product and service and are always glad to learn that we are meeting our guest's expectations. We look forward to your next visit and stay at our hotel.
Stillwater
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This property is about a 20-30 minute drive south of Birmingham. It was one of the nicest Fairfield Inns I've seen. The staff was very accommodating. My room was clean and comfortable. I did have a bit of trouble operating my door from the inside.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
BhamSalesdirector, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We measure our performance via guest feedback and appreciate any and all feedback we receive. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit to our hotel.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Our names are Mariela & James Jones, we came to this hotel a couple of months ago (March 18th) for a funeral. The clerk was very nice and accommodated us right away. During 18 hours drive she was very understanding and allowed us to check in early.
Even though my sister in law got her room and was a little of confusion as what she needed to pay on her own, everything else was excellent.
Continental breakfast was very good.
Front Office Manager was able to take care of the billing confusion that my family had at the end of their stay, and even though we are from Miami she was willing to answer every call and and respond to ever email.

Room Tip: It is not a room tip but a night audit tip. Make sure you are a 100 decisive as to what credit card...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
BhamSalesdirector, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We strive to provide excellent service and product and always welcome feedback as it helps us measure our performance. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pelham
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham/Pelham
Homewood Suites by Hilton Birmingham-SW-Riverchase-Galleria
Ramada Pelham
Ramada Pelham
#6 of 10 in Pelham

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65? Share your experiences!