“Great service”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Pelham
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This hotel is perfectly kept. The front desk staff were friendly and that always makes a difference to me. The room was large with a sofa bed and microwave/refrigerator.

Breakfast was well stocked and maintained. When the seating area filled up the staff opened a side room so that everyone had a space to sit without being crowded. For dinner we ate at the Margarita Grill located in front of the hotel and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The end rooms are king suites with the space of a small apartment!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
BhamSalesdirector, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. We strive to provide excellence in product and service and appreciate our guest's comments as they help us measure our performance. Thank you again for teh review and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

After driving 11 hours, we felt Pelham was a good place to stop. We were traveling with another family and kids were getting hungery/stir crazy in the car. Pelham had many hotels to choose from but chose Fairfield Inn because of the high recommendations on tripadvisor. We walked in and were greeted right away. We did not have reservations and they were able to accommodate both families. Check in was very quick and customer service was great. We were given a list of local restaurants near by and chose to walk to the Mexican restaurant that was within walking distance (no one wanted to get back in the car to drive anymore!) The rooms were very spacious. Very clean. Modern décor. Loved the fact that there was a microwave and frig in every room. We did not use the microwave but did put the food/drinks from our cooler in the frig overnight. Ice machines are on every floor and were able to load our cooler up before we left the next morning. I would agree with other reviews regarding the pool. Our kids got in the water, I did not, but the water was not very clear. I don't know if they needed to adjust chemicals or not, but pool may be the only thing they need to improve. Like I said, it did not stop our kids from hopping in after a long day in the car. Breakfast was good. Basic cold items (cereal, yogurt, fruit, toast/Danish/bagels), along with several hot times...eggs and sausage the morning we were there. It was enough to get us going so we didn't have to stop somewhere and pay for breakfast. My family is not a big breakfast family so it was just fine for us. Overall, service was outstanding. Staff was very helpful. Check in was fast, considering we didn't have any reservations and were requesting 2 rooms to accommodate both families. The area appeared very safe and was well lite. The hotel is located right off the interstate so it was a great stopping point. There is a gas station close by so we were able to gas up and get back on the road very quickly. We continued on to Destin and had a wonderful beach vacation. Will definitely make Fairfield Inn in Pelham our stopping point next time we drive to Destin.

1  Thank sskreisel

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. We appreciate the detail as it helps us measure our performance and identify areas for mprovment. Your thoroughness is especially helpful to us in making the necessary adjustments. I will be sharing the comments about the pool with our maintenance director and we hope to get this resolved immediately. Again, thank you for your comments, we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We love this Fairfield Inn and Suites. The rooms have a mini-fridge and microwave. When we arrived I asked the front desk staff how to get to the Red Lobster restaurant. Lisa, the manager, went online and printed out directions to the restaurant from the hotel. The 2 queen bed room was very large; there was plenty of space. I liked this room better than the room I had at the Gaylord Texan Resort and Conference Center. The breakfast was terrific; they had turkey sausage and an egg, pepper and ham type omelette. The oatmeal was a little watery but the Danish was great. I would strongly recommend this Fairfield.

Room Tip: I liked being on the top floor. It was very quiet!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
BhamSalesdirector, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. We strive to provide excellence in service and product and feedback such as yours helps us measure our performance and identify areas for improvement. We will certainly evaluate the oatmeal and make the necessary adjustments. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stopped on our way to the gulf and we were pleased with this hotel. We had a reservation and everything was ready and in the computer when we arrived. The rooms are HUGE, and the staff is very nice! The rooms are clean. The pool however was our only disappointment. It had a film on it and didn't seem clean. The hot tub was not even warm, and after 9 hours in the car that was a little disappointing. I had read this on other trip advisor comments and I'm really surprised that this problem hasn't been fixed. Other than that, we were pleased. The breakfast is great and got us a good start to our morning! I would highly recommend this hotel if you need something nice and close to the interstate.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
BhamSalesdirector, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We take great pride in providing excellent product and service and anything short of that is unacceptable. We appreciate your comments about the pool and hot tub. I have taken these comments to management so that the pool issues can be addressed and completely avoided in the future. Thank you again for your comments. We hope that when your tarvels bring you into our area, you will once again give us a try.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I'm a Marriot rewards member so I always look for one of their properties whan i travel and i am usually very happy. We made a last minute desision to stay here rather then drive all the way to our condo in Panama City Beach. I realize i got the last room in the hotel,but was very dissapointed to find it in less then decent condition. The refridge contained someones leftover hooters caryout and drinks. The walls were smeared with dirt, paint or who knows what in several areas. the pullout bed was small and uncomfortable and not really suitable for more then one kid. Otherwise the room was large, comfortable and well appointed. Advised management and they sent someone to clean debris from fridge.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bryhof

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. Anything short of an excellent experience concerns our team. I have taken your comments and shared them with our team and management so that necessary steps may be taken to improve upon our customer service and housekeeping service. While our hotel has recently received an award for excellence in housekeeping, the room you had was not up to our normal standards and changes will be implemented to ensure that every guest leaves our hotel satisfied every time. Again thank you for sharing your comments. Should your travels bring you into our area in the future, we do hope you will stay try us again.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Rooms and the hotel overall is very nice and clean. Beds sleep very good, i love the suites with separate sitting area. We have stayed here before and have never been disappointed with rooms. Only thing this trip was breakfast was not as good as usual.

• Stayed: July 2013
BhamSalesdirector, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are glad that you found the most part of your stay consistent with previous experiences. We will certainly review the breakast bar and make the necessary adjustments. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Great place. I did not have a reservation and chose this hotel based on TA reviews. I was greeted immediately inside the front door by a very nice woman who had a lovely smile and was very welcoming, check in was fast, elevator was clean, room was very comfortable w good lighting, fast internet, great all white bedding and fabulous bathroom . Breakfast had lots of selections and a roomy area to eat. FREE Sunday newspaper. I will definitely choose this hotel when back in this area.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again soon!