“Best Fairfield I've ever stayed at”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Pelham
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel is the model of what a hotel should be. The check-in was fast and friendly. They were training a new associate but it didn't inconvenience us at all. Our room was clean and comfortable. Bathroom was large and well designed. Shower was good. Our room on the fourth floor offered a nice view and there was no outside noise.

Breakfast was excellent. They had typical breakfast fare in addition to a few nice extras. Chocolate chips were provided for the waffles. It really is the little things! Breakfast area was clean and both breakfast attendants we encountered (two different mornings) were friendly and kept things well stocked.

I will certainly stay here again when I return to the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
BhamSalesdirector, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. Guest feedback helps us measure our performance and we certainly appreciate any feedback we receive. I will share your comments with our staff and we look forward to your next stay with us.

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Upon checking in I was impressed with the lobby/breakfast area. It was quite nice. We were immediately greeted & checked in. Very fast which I love. They woman checking us in was very polite & gave us a ton of information about the hotel. When I questioned something in the area she quickly grabbed some information sheets and marked our location.

When entering the room I was in love. The room was very spacious & set up perfectly. The bathroom was huge! Everything was clean & in perfect working order. The only complaints I have are the darkening shades are not long enough so when it was light outside it came right into the room and the noise of the traffic so early in the morning was very noticeable.

Breakfast was standard. However, they did have a variety of tea bags (which is very nice) and a variety of yogurt flavors, pastries and offered scrambled eggs. One addition my daughter loved was chocolate chips you can add in your waffle batter.

Checking out was super simple!

By far this was the best hotel I have stayed in while needing just the basics! Oh and the woman that checked me in turned out the be the GM. Thanks for the great customer service that actually started at the top of that hotel employee chain & trickled down to all the other employees.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel would have to be much quieter then the front where the parking lot is!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
BhamSalesdirector, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. We certainly strive every day to provide excellence in product and service and we value comments from our guest about their stay with us. I will certainly share your comments with our team and take note of the comments about the shut out drapes. Again thank you for your review and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Starting from the time you walk in until the day you leave you will receive great service clean, comfortable beds and bedding. The manager is as polite and nice as any we have encountered. She seems to be on duty all day and night, ready to help with the smallest of problems. It is the place to stay in Hoover.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
BhamSalesdirector, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. We take great pride in providing exceptional service and product and are always glad to receive feedback such as yours. I will certainly share your comments with our team and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I checked in got in everything was good then when I needed another pillow so i walked I saw some lady standing in a corner that I could tell she was on her PHONE I just thought that was rude of her. So I just changed my mind and walked away from the desk I heard her being extremely bossy and be littling to I'm guessing to the person that she was speaking down to him like he was a idiot or something. My heart goes out to that guy. Other than that I enjoyed my room and the food was excellent and the rooms are very clean. Everything was greatly appreciated.

• Stayed: May 2013
BhamSalesdirector, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. Guest feedback help us measure our performance and identify areas of improvement. I will certainly be sharing your comments with our team and apologize that you felt the front desk was unapproachable when you wanted to request a pillow. We strive to provide excellent service and certainly expect it from our staff. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to your next stay at our hotel.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I Stayed here for one night. Very friendly evening desk attendant! The hotel is near a lot of restaurants and the interstate. The room was alright, but the lobby area was very well updated and clean! I would stay again if I were to return to birmingham!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
BhamSalesdirector, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

We appreciate your recent review of our hotel. Excellence in product and service is something we strive for every day and we are always glad to learn that we achieved this goal. Thank you again for your comments. I will share them with our team and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Fairfield Inn in Pelham was a great stop on a trip from north to south. Clean, spacious rooms and polite, professional staff made this a repeat stop on any future adventures. Located near several dining choices made this a real find.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We strive to achieve excellence in product and service for all our guest and feel especially encouraged when we read comments such as yours. I will be sure to share them with the team and we do look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed at the Fairfield almost a year ago, and returned to spend the night again on the way to Florida. We requested the top floor, corner room since we remembered this was the time of year many sports teams were present. It was a great room. We only heard the highway traffic, which was expected and not bothersome at all. The room was very clean and the accommodations were delightful. The breakfast was okay...but we are egg eaters and these were indeed the typical hotel variety. The breakfast area was very busy, and yet sufficiently stocked. Check in took a bit of a wait, but it appeared that everyone arrived at once, and the young lady was doing the best she could. She was checking people in, while answering the phones and helping other guest with non working card keys. When in the area we will always pay a little extra to stay at the Fairfield.

Room Tip: Always choose 4th floor, corner room. Seems to be the most quiet, especially when the hotel is book...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. Consistency is something we strive to provide to our guest and it is always hepful to receive comments from returning guest. I am glad that you found our hotel team and product to be consistent with your previous experience at our hotel. We appreciate your return visit and hope to see you again soon.