“Does Anyone Have A Flashlight?”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Pelham
Germantown, Tennessee
“Does Anyone Have A Flashlight?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I think that Marriott missed inspecting this one. The total room including bathroom was so dark that one would need a flashlight to do work, read or shave. I would bet that all bulbs in every lamp was not more then 60 watts. This was the first time I stayed at a Fairfield and will be my last. No comparison as to other same price hotel brands as to quality, comfort and value

Room Tip: Get there earlier so you can leave and find a hotel that fits your needs
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hamptonhoover, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your business and for taking the time to evaluate your recent stay with us. I first want to apologize that you found your room to be darker than preferred. There are multiple lighting sources within each room including lamps, overhead fixtures, sconces and so forth. We also have a daily quality assurance and preventative maintenance program in place. It was not an oversight, but perhaps a poor choice for which I assume responsibility. Thanks to your comment I have reviewed the wattage selection which was 65 watt incandescent fluorescent equivalent and could see where the reliance on one lighting source could be less than ideal. As such I have increased the wattage in all of our rooms. We value guest responses which allow us to continue to improve and meet the demands of our customers.

Lisa Singleton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Huntsville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Fast, Easy Check-in around 4:30 pm. Staff was very friendly.
Stayed in a double bed room on 4th floor. It was very quite
Bed was comfortable. Room was quite large and had plenty of space, bathroom was also a large size.
Only issue in shower was there was no place to hang towels for easy reach from shower.

Complimentary breakfast was good and fully stocked.
Close to Cracker Barrel, and lots of fast food restaurants.
I would stay here again if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. Guest comments help us measure our performance and areas for improvement. We strive to consistenty provide excellence in product and service and are only satisfied when all our guest share the experience at our hotel. Thank you for your comments, I will take the towel rack comments to our corporate office where standard changes are discussed and created. thank you again for your comments and we welcome you back!
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65 was a wonderful place. Checkin was great, rooms clean, beds comfy, shower outstanding, bathroom was very spacious, breakfast was awesome, breakfast clerk was very helpful and nice to talk with. Lobby/Breakfast area was huge. I would recommend to anyone and will be sure to visit again if needed.
Great job staff!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. We take great pride in providing excellent service and product to our guest consistently and always appreicate feedback that let's us know we are on the right track to achieving this goal. Thank you for your comments, I will be sure to share them with our team. we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Gainesville, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

The Hotel is very nice, clean, and new, that's the good thing, but the staff member we came in contact with often referred to herself shockingly as the General Manager, Lisa seemed annoyed when my husband or I had a simple question such as where something is located in the hotel. We got eyes rolled at us and then a short answer and point after she finished what she was doing of course. One day we had comedown to the desk and heard yelling and cursing (yes profanity) coming from behind the front desk area. Unprofessionally reprimanding a housekeeper for cleaning items being left in the wrong place. We could hear it all. We had to wait for the cursing to end to be noticed and sure enough the same lady finally came around to the front and we felt afraid to ask her anything at this point because the look on her face was still that of anger. The Hotel may be very nice and enjoyable if your lucky enough to encounter the other seemingly wonderful staff members. I do want to say all the other staff were very hospitable. But a bad day for an employee could just be a first impression to your guest.(and maybe the last)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cbsopinion
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. We strive every day to provide excellence in product and service to our guest and feedback like yours helps us identify areas of adjustment. Your comments are important and will be shared with the team as well as our director of opertaions. We certainly want all our guest to experience friendly service every time they visit our hotel. We will certainly address this and we do hope that you will give us a try in the future again.
Morrilton, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

This hotel was very nice, clean and comfortable. It's also close to all sorts of dining and shopping establishments. The room was beautiful and the pillow top bed was so nice The breakfast was even above average for a hotel breakfast. And the staff!!!!!!!!!! They were so nice and accomodating. The indoor pool was nice and not too small. We had a suite with a separate living area as well as 2 televisions. We had a guest for 2 of the three nights we stayed and he slept on the sleeper sofa. My only complaint is that the sleeper sofa was very uncomfortable. I think a higher quality of mattress would have done the trick. I regret that we did not get 2 beds rather than a suite. Our minor set back was lesson learned. I still think that this is by far the best hotel in town. I will stay at this hotel everytime I am in Pelham.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. We work very hard to provide excellence in product and service and always appreciate guest feedback as it helps us measure our performance. Your comments about the sofa-sleeper will be forwarded to our director of operations. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit!
Richwood, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Very convent location. The bed was insanely comfortable. The staff was kind, well groomed, well spoken and friendly. The bathtub was so comfy that I fell asleep in it. I think the only thing I would have changed about the room would be to add an easier mirror for applying makeup. Seriously, that was my only complaint. If you are worried that I am just boosting them up, look at my past reviews, we travel constantly and all over.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. Our team works very hard to exceed guest expectation and provide quality product and service. We are always humbled by reviews like yours and appreciate the positive feedback. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay with us!
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

last Friday my husband and I were driving through Alabama and decided to stop in Pelham. We are price conscious so we called to compare prices before deciding. We had agreed to stop at the Hampton Inn as we are Hilton members. Upon arriving at the desk, I was a bit cool and saw coffee pots and decided to get a cup. The clerk "warned" me by saying you are welcome to it but I don't know how fresh it is. I decided to look elsewhere, if this is the type of service offered. i was feeling like I don't know how clean it is. Luckily, there was a Fairfield Inn next door. From the moment we entered the property it was like night and day. The manager and clerk both smiled and greeted us as we hit the door. We were asked our preference given a room and even got a call to check to see if everything was fine. We were asked about the Marriott Rewards and decided to sign up. This time when I asked for coffee, I was pointed to an area in the back and told there was fresh coffee and it was piping hot and delicious. This hotel was spotless and everyone was so friendly. We had a hearty breakfast with biscuits and gravy, oatmeal with almonds and craisins, yogurt, scrambled eggs and even a waffle maker. Everything was well stocked, clean and the hostess was very friendly. As we checked out we were wished safe passage and told that our business was appreciated by the manager. We have decided to stop again on our way home. This is the kind of service you just don't see anymore. This was by far the best place we've stayed at.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thank you very much for your recent review about our hotel. We strive every day to provide excellent service and product to our guests on a daily basis and it alsways nice to learn that we have achieved this with our guests. Your comments will be shared with our team and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pelham
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham/Pelham
Ramada Pelham
Ramada Pelham
#6 of 10 in Pelham
Homewood Suites by Hilton Birmingham-SW-Riverchase-Galleria

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65? Share your experiences!