“Best bed ever!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Pelham
Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Very convent location. The bed was insanely comfortable. The staff was kind, well groomed, well spoken and friendly. The bathtub was so comfy that I fell asleep in it. I think the only thing I would have changed about the room would be to add an easier mirror for applying makeup. Seriously, that was my only complaint. If you are worried that I am just boosting them up, look at my past reviews, we travel constantly and all over.

• Stayed: November 2012
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. Our team works very hard to exceed guest expectation and provide quality product and service. We are always humbled by reviews like yours and appreciate the positive feedback. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

last Friday my husband and I were driving through Alabama and decided to stop in Pelham. We are price conscious so we called to compare prices before deciding. We had agreed to stop at the Hampton Inn as we are Hilton members. Upon arriving at the desk, I was a bit cool and saw coffee pots and decided to get a cup. The clerk "warned" me by saying you are welcome to it but I don't know how fresh it is. I decided to look elsewhere, if this is the type of service offered. i was feeling like I don't know how clean it is. Luckily, there was a Fairfield Inn next door. From the moment we entered the property it was like night and day. The manager and clerk both smiled and greeted us as we hit the door. We were asked our preference given a room and even got a call to check to see if everything was fine. We were asked about the Marriott Rewards and decided to sign up. This time when I asked for coffee, I was pointed to an area in the back and told there was fresh coffee and it was piping hot and delicious. This hotel was spotless and everyone was so friendly. We had a hearty breakfast with biscuits and gravy, oatmeal with almonds and craisins, yogurt, scrambled eggs and even a waffle maker. Everything was well stocked, clean and the hostess was very friendly. As we checked out we were wished safe passage and told that our business was appreciated by the manager. We have decided to stop again on our way home. This is the kind of service you just don't see anymore. This was by far the best place we've stayed at.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Thank you very much for your recent review about our hotel. We strive every day to provide excellent service and product to our guests on a daily basis and it alsways nice to learn that we have achieved this with our guests. Your comments will be shared with our team and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

This hotel is located next door to a very loud carnival. It is 10:45 on a Sunday night and they have rap music playing. Not my ideal location will not be returning. Rooms are clean but do not appear like the pictures online.

• Stayed: September 2012
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. I am so sorry about the noise coming from the State Fair. The state fair comes through for one week once a year and it is unfortunate timing that the fair was scheduled at a time when you were visiting our area. Since the area the fair sets up in is private property, we are unable to control/influence the activity there but we have forwarded the noise concern to our local officials for future consideration. I am sorry to hear that you will not be returning and do hope that you will give us a try in the future. Our award winning hotel has been recognized by our community, brand and corporate office for being a facility that provides excellence in product and service and I hope you will revisit us and give us an opportunity to better serve you, our valued guest.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

The Fairfield Inn was an exceptional find. From the outset with bright inviting colours and welcoming staff we knew we were in for a good start to our holiday. The location is very convenient and it was very quiet. The rooms are large and clean and well kept. The breakfast was awesome: a great selection of food always well stocked!
I think what really impressed me was the fact that each and every staff member took such pride in their work and went the extra mile to make our stay even that much more memorable.
I recommend this hotel to anyone! We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. Guest feedback helps us measure our performance and we so glad that our product and service met your expectation. Our team works very hard to ensure that each guest enjoys their stay with us and I am glad to learn that each member of our team took pride in doing this. We look forward to your next visit to our hotel. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We were on a 15-state road trip extravaganza this summer! We stayed at this hotel a couple weeks ago, taking an overnight break on our way back up north.

We got in around 1:30am. It was pretty easy to find, there was lots of available parking, and it's a great location right off of the highway. Again, we used one of those hotel discount books to get a discount on the room, and they were able to accommodate our request for 2 queen beds. The man at the front desk (cannot remember his name) was quick to get us into our rooms because we were carrying our sleepy kids, greatly appreciated!

The room was very clean and VERY spacious! We were afraid of getting in so late and our children woke up (and at ages 5 and 1.5, can be quite loud!), but the walls seem to be pretty thick.

Beds: Were INSANELY comfortable! And I'm not saying this because I was so tired; I can be quite picky of my bed and it felt awesome! My husband agreed! Everything smelled fresh and clean, and I really am big on clean! The TV was nice and had quite a few channels.

Decor: The decor was very upbeat and chic, loved the colors!

Bathroom: Again, very spacious. Had subway tiles in the shower!!! I was quite excited! The water pressure was awesome, the towels clean and fresh.

Breakfast: This was the only "downer"--but was corrected. When we got in that night, we were told that breakfast was over at 10am. So we were pretty excited to have the chance to sleep in and then get breakfast. We were completely heartbroken when we went downstairs and found out that 10am is for the WEEKEND (we were there on a Thursday morning). Breakfast is over at 9am during the week. However, the awesome lady at the front desk immediately fixed the situation by offering us what she could in the kitchen area. Most of the food had already been put away or discarded, but we did get to dine on Jimmy Dean breakfast biscuits, cereal, instant grits, juice, and coffee. I really did appreciate the prompt offer to get us taken care of! The dining area was very clean, but we took our breakfast to the outdoor seating area.

We saw the pool but (again!) didn't have the opportunity to swim as we needed to get back on the road.

Overall, we had a very pleasant stay and I can understand why it has received such great reviews! If we ever find ourselves in the area again, we would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Grab one of those touristy hotel coupon books to get an even better deal (although their regular pri...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RudeeRu

Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. Guest comments help us measure our performance and show us areas where we can improve or do better. We are always pleased when we receive detailed information from guest about their stay so thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am glad that our team not only met but exceeded your expecatations and we certainly look forward to your next visit to our hotel. Thank you again!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

The hotel is on the road that runs in front of Cracker Barrell behind some other buildings. The hotel is QUIET and the rooms are immaculate. The color scheme is blue green and black. The bathroom is the NICEST of the Marriotts I have stayed (other than the Ross Bridge). I didn't eat breakfast but I smelled it on the way out. The front desk said they have cereal, waffles, eggs, and another meat. I would definitely stay here if I had business in the Pelham area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank beachtraveller2009
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. We strive every day to not only meet but exceed guest expectations for every guest and we always appreciate when our guest let us know that we have achieved this goal. We truly appreciate your comments and I will be sure to share them with our team. We look forward to your next visit at our hotel.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

The Fairfield Inn was conveniently located off I65 as we traveled from Cincinnati, Oh to Panama City Beach, Fl for vacation. The staff was friendly. The hotel was clean. A nice breakfast was included in the price. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. We appreciate feedback as it helps us measure our performance and we are always glad when we have met guest expectations. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pelham
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham/Pelham
#9 of 10 in Pelham
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#5 of 10 in Pelham

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65? Share your experiences!