“Terrible In Room Coffee Maker!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Pelham
tuscaloosa
“Terrible In Room Coffee Maker!”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Terrible In Room Coffee Maker! Front desk said they have had lots unhappy people for this....cheap, cheap, cheap...expect more from Marriot!

Terrible In Room Coffee Maker!

Room Tip: Terrible In Room Coffee Maker!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Hamptonhoover, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of our property. I sincerely regret the less than outstanding experience you had with the in room coffee maker required by our brand. As a Marriott branded property we are required to adhere to the standards set forth for certain items. This in most cases assures consistency of the highest quality service of which people have grown to expect and rely.

I did notice from your other entries that you find this problem across several Marriott brands. While I have not experienced this trend at this property, we are not at liberty to deviate from the required standards at the property level. I have forwarded this review to our Marriott Headquarters. This property is a proud user of Royal Cup Coffees and we maintain fresh coffee in our lobby area 24hours per day.

Guest satisfaction and a delightful stay experience are what we strive for at each encounter and are paramount in our operation. We value your feedback and appreciate your business. I sincerely hope that should you find yourself in our area again that we would be your hotel of choice.

Lisa Singleton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 18, 2012

While attending the Spring Crimson and White Football Game at UA, our family chose to save money and stay out of Tuscaloosa where rooms are at a premium during game weekends. This was the second time we stayed at the Fairfield in Pehlam which is about 40 miles from the stadium but worth the drive to save over a hundred dollars. Typical Fairfield quality. Clean, friendly and all the features in working order including a well stocked breakfast. Nice rooms. pool and workout room. Will stay here again on game weekends.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this review, April 22, 2012
Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. Meeting guest expectations on a consistent basis is our fundamental goal and we are always glad when guests feel that we have done so. We look forward to your future stays with us!!
Mccalla, AL
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I frequent hotels often in the Birmingham area. This hotel is the best deal for the dollar. The manager's reception is of better quality than you will receive elsewhere and the breakfast is nice and plentiful. The only downside is the pool was a little cold and took some adjusting to. Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Thank you very much for the review of your recent stay with us. Reponses like yours help us measure our performance and allow us to identify areas of improvement. We will certainly look into the pool issuea dnd correct it. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I chose this motel because of favorable reviews I had read. I wasn't disappointed. It was convenient, clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. It had a good selection at breakfast and it was fresh and hot. The only downside was the sausage patties which were of poor quality, but to be fair, they are everywhere.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your comments and will be checking with our food vendors for a better quality sausage. Your feedback is especially helpful as it allows us to better serve our guests. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Dickson, Tennessee
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We had to go to a funeral and had to stay overnight at this Fairfield Inn & Suites. It is an almost new property. Everything was super clean and neat. The staff was very and friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay her again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Sarasota, FL
Reviewed November 1, 2011

We were upgraded to a very clean, very quiet and well appointed fourth floor mini suite.

Easy check in, decent breakfast.

If all Fairfield Inns were as pleasant as this property, we would always be their customer.

Room Tip: Higher floors in the back of the hotel provide ideal quiet for sleeping.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Tennessee
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Beautiful hotel...chic color schemes and decor...rooms very clean and comfortable. Large bathrooms. Great breakfast items. Easy access on-off I-65

• Stayed September 2011
Hamptonhoover, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Thank you very much for your comments about a recent stay at our hotel. Guest reviews help us measure our performance and we are always pleased to hear that we have successfully met or exceeded our guest's expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and we hope to see you again in the near future when you return to our area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pelham
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham/Pelham
Homewood Suites by Hilton Birmingham-SW-Riverchase-Galleria
Ramada Pelham
Ramada Pelham
#6 of 10 in Pelham

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65? Share your experiences!