“Very solid BBQ joint”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Very solid BBQ joint”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Hawg -N- Dawgs is a very unassuming looking place from the road. The exterior is much less inviting than the inside which is a clean cafeteria look with a lot of wood accents. Don't expect white table cloths or alcohol here but do expect red/white plastic table cloths and extremely approachable waitstaff. I could tell that this was a mostly "local" place based upon the number of questions that the waitress asked about my order. (Can you say newbie?) They had a samich for under a buck ... which seemed way to small for my appetite so I went for the really big samich which was a bit under ten bucks. FYI when they say really big they do mean really big! Challenging for one person to eat with a side. Ok, so being from NC I was a bit stumped by the sauce selections but settled on the spicy BBQ for my samich. Honestly it was a bit to sweet for my taste so I popped a some of the mule sauce on it. Needless to say pretty hot. Backed down a bit to a less powerful sauce and was well pleased. The slaw was more of a northern style and had little, if any, mayo. The onion rings were home made, hot, and yummy. Although you won't be able to have an adult beverage with your BBQ here you can have some really good sweet tea. Just enough sugar to let you know that you are not in the north but not sickening sweet. They bragged about their deserts but, sorry, I was just too full to try them. As a matter of fact, I was too stuffed to finish the really big samich. Did I mention it was really big? Overall, good solid BBQ joint.

Visited May 2014

Dothan, Alabama
“Great place to eat fine BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

This is the BEST BBQ place in the South. The food is plentiful and there's no skimping on portions. They are very friendly and a down home atmosphere that will make you want to keep coming back for more!This is the only place we buy our Boston Butts and deep-fried hams for special occasions! They are No.1 in my book!

• Visited April 2014
Ozark, Alabama, United States
“Best BBQ in the State”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Good food, nice prices and friendly people. Close to everything. I enjoy the "North Carolina" style BBQ sandwiches.

• Visited September 2013
Webster, Texas
“Good BBQ Cheap”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

I've been to Hawg N Dawgz a couple of times in the last year, every time I'm at my old home place in Marley Mill, I stop by. This place has some of the best pulled pork and brisket that I've had and the sauces are great. You always get plenty of food ta a very reasonable cost. The gentleman that owns it also does BBQ's for good causes so how can you beat that. I'll be back

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Dave1654
Albany, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

Nice friendly atmosphere , Very relaxed and awesome food great BBQ ribs fall of the bone I don't how they make their sauce but it is good

• Visited April 2014