“Our 3rd stay here”

Baymont Inn & Suites Ozark
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Ozark
Reviewed June 1, 2012

This hotel is our halfway point when we drive to Orlando and we have stayed here three times. The staff is helpful and friendly and the beds are comfortable. There is more competition from other new hotels in town and the Jameson seems like it's falling behind. The rooms do seem to need renovation and the breakfast seems like it has less variety than we remember.

Bottom line: with newer hotels in the area, Jameson needs to do more.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
OzarkALJI, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Ozark, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Dear Saxman26,

Thank you for your response and staying with us once again. We are currently in the middle of upgrading all our rooms and apologize that you were unable to stay in one of our most recent upgrades.

Next time you stay with us I’m confident we will have completed our wonderful improvements. Our 37” Flatscreen TV’s along with our Dreamimum Pillowtop Mattresses will make it hard to Rise and Shine once you’ve settled in.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

My team and I stayed in the hotel for about 6 days. The hotel is located in a pretty central location in town. The rooms were nice. The pool is nice as well along with the laundry room. The only complaints I have were the mattresses weren't the most comfortable and the breakfast could use some work.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Debbie B, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Ozark, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

Josh H,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts concerning your last visit with us. We take each comment to heart and if possible make improvements based on our trip advisors experiences.

We are currently improving on our breakfast bar and our mattresses are now Dreamium Pillowtop Mattresses.

Please stay with us again. You'll be very happy that we listened to you and took action.

Debbie

Reviewed May 20, 2012

We booked our stay at the Jameson Inn in Ozark by phone while traveling from Ft. Jackson to Ft. Rucker. We were only able to get one night (boo) due to a college baseball tournament. That stay was very pleasant and we hated not being able to stay another night. We found the rooms clean and well supplied with needed items to include coffee, soap, etc. The check-in and out was great with happy faces. With our soldier son being at the fort for the next sixteen weeks, we will book a non-smoking room again. In fact, we just did for our Memorial Day visit.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
OzarkALJI, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Ozark, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Dear Rehud,

Thank you for selecting Jameson Inn of Ozark during your stay at Ft. Rucker and sharing your experience with our internet family. I will pass along your comments to my staff and let them know their efforts of providing a perfect stay every time are appreciated and do not go unnoticed.

We look forward to serving you again during your Memorial Day visit with us.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Recently stayed 5 days @ the Jameson Inn in Ozark, Alabama while our son was at Ft. Rucker. We were very very pleased with everything about the accomodations, with ALL the staff, and the grounds around the hotel were beautifully done. It felt as if we were family. We booked straight thru the hotel itself and did not go thru a middle man and got a great deal too. We were also pleased to find out that it was easier to reach Ft. Rucker from our area than thru the other nearby towns. Thank you for your wonderful Southern hospitality. This was our first time to stay at a Jameson Inn and it they are all like this I will pick Jameson Inn again.

Donna R.

Room Tip: Contact Jameson Inn for your reservations instead of going thru another agency that supposedly check...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
OzarkALJI, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Ozark, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Dear Donna R,
Thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor. It was our pleasure serving you and your family while visiting Ft. Rucker. We take great pride in our men and women in the armed services and salute them for the sacrifices each has made. Please pass along our "Thank You" to your son.

Your candid comments are greatly appreciated. We hope your travels bring you back this way so we can share some more of our "Southern Hospitality' with you and your family.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 7, 2012

I had never stayed at a Jameson Inn and so was pleased with this came up as a result of my priceline bid. The photos on the website give the impression of a moderate hotel with some upscale pretensions: upgraded beds, nice furniture, deluxe continental breakfast. In reality, however, the hotel in Ozark was on the low end of moderate. The beds were OK but the pillows on the cheap side. The furniture was faux nice; less nice were the cracks in the floor tile in the bathroom and the crudely patched up section of wall. The continental breakfast was pretty basic -- no sign of the advertised belgian waffles, small containers of cereal and juice, no fruit, pretty basic cellophaned pastries and somewhat bitter coffee (with no labeling for decaf). The staff was friendly and helpful,although upon checkout the clerk tried to charge me for my prepaid room -- perhaps an honest oversight -- but quickly reversed herself. The wifi in the rooms was excellent and there are complimentary USA Todays. Several local restaurants offer a modest ten percent off for the hotel's guests.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
OzarkALJI, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Ozark, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

Dear arkcruiser,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your stay at the Jameson Inn of Ozark.

We strive to make every stay a perfect stay and will use your comment to improve in areas that we may need improving.

We have several new employees on staff that we have shared your comment with to illustrate the importance of being aware of each guest’s needs and situations.

Realizing the importance of quality and comfort we are in the process of upgrading our rooms. I sincerely apologize none of these rooms were available on the day of your stay.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Even after such nationally recognized Motels as (Microtel & Hampton Inn are now newly opened in Ozark, there is no NEED to even inquire of lower room fees (even, if they were
10 to 30 dollars different (which I doubt). But the whole point is with the SERVICE, CLEANLINESS, AND JUST "OLD-FASHIONED" KINDNESS AND HOSPITALITY "consistently"
give to me by the staff, I have NO need to inquire of anywhere else to stay ( I even work out
of the Jameson in Ozark for clients in the entire 100 mile+ radius as far away as Montgomery,
Orange Beach, Dothan, Eufala, etc. This is by "choice" (NOT COST) because of "CONTINUITUY" of employee(s) such as Nancy (who I believe has been with this property
preceding my stays (2005) and George, and now Mischelle. Your "people" are the difference ! Thank you for this opportunity to respond. please feel free to contact me, as all
my information is maintained in your system (all I have to now, is call, Nancy,George,Debra, and Mischelle know me by first name) it merely is my "home" away from home ! You have hired some really really fine people...hope you are paying them enough...and please note, al
my comments were "un-solicited". From the most competitive business that I am in (Financial
Advising/Planning Services) LOYALITY by "both" Company and Employee, is so necessary to maintain a "client base". And I am sure you know that in today's corporate environment, "LOYALITY" , the American Work Ethic, and just plain kindness and "servanthood" is very rare, and EXCEPTION. So, please, whether the employee team
at your Ozark, Al. Property is indicative of Jameson's work/model Nationwide, or whether the "team" you have put together in Ozark,Al is unique, PLEASE, do whatever is neccessary
to let this management team know that they are appreciated by "owners" and corporate management. They have become very special to me as I travel frequently all over the SE, and especially Alabama (using numerous "different" Hotels/Motels) OZARK, and the Jameson
is (and has remained my favorite! (old-fashioned service, kindness, and going "the extra mile" is my reason to stay at the Jameson since 2005. ( "your people" at this property are the
DIFFERENCE ) Thank you, with kindest personal regards, Robert Walker, Reg. Rep. AXA-Equitable (March 29, 2012)

Room Tip: ANY ROOM, (I PREFER THE FRONT FOR CONVIENCE) IS VERY VERY QUIET...DUE TO THE "SETBACK" FRO...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
OzarkALJI, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Ozark, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

Dear Rob W,

On behalf of the entire staff of Jameson Inn in Ozark, Alabama let me say thank you for recognizing our customer service. Each day we strive to make each guest feel appreciated and valued by offering our very best.

Thank you for your kind words but most importantly your loyalty to the Jameson Inn hotels.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Kids playing basketball in the parking lot til 1:30a.m. Person in the room next to us was screaming profanities on the phone for over an hour. Went to the front desk to complain and the doors were locked at 10 p.m. I would try to avoid this spot at all costs.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank illini59
OzarkALJI, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Ozark, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

Dear Illini59,

First I’d like to thank you for your candid comment and would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay with us. Our goal is to make sure every guest has a perfect stay every time. I will review your comments with the front desk staff in efforts to make sure these issues will not happen again.

As a company, Jameson Inn wants to ensure the safety of our guests and employees. To provide this, we are asked to lock our doors at 10:00pm, but to have a window available for our guests to use to check in and out with. We staff our hotel 24 hours a day and are available for our guest needs. I apologize for any inconveniences to you. I hope that sometime in the future you will give us another opportunity to regain your trust. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your experiences.

Debbie

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ozark
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ozark
Comfort Suites Dothan
Comfort Suites Dothan
#11 of 27 in Dothan
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dothan

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Ozark? Share your experiences!