“Palace in the Country”

Hampton Inn Ozark
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ozark
“Palace in the Country”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have stayed at a lot of hotels all over and this hotel is NEW and NICE. I was very surprised that hotels where this clean and modern. Very pleased with my stay!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 3, 2012

After 1 hour of driving and getting really bad directions off the internet, I contacted the Hampton Inn and spoke with Latisha at 5:30 am est. She was extremely helpful and gave me step by step directions to the hotel (God Bless You!). Upon arrival the next young lady was equally helpful. She provided us directions to the Eagle Stadium and also checked to see if our room was ready so we could check in early. Unfortunate it was not but her making the attempt was appreciated. We booked the 2 queen bed studio suite, it was wonderful, clean, well decorated, very comfortable. Well after spending the rest of the day in the sun, fighting gnats we were happy to get back to the hotel. A lovely bathroom and snuggling into bed, there was a constant sound that was like a 18 wheeler turning on and off all night. It was horrible. i looked outside my window to find the heating/air conditioning unit for the entire hotel outside my window. I called down to the front desk around 10:00 to advise of the noise (plus my sister just contacted me advising me that my mom was given on a few days to live). the young lady said "well we're sold out and if I had 15 more rooms, I sell those as well" I asked is that it and she replied "yes" and disconnected the phone. I was furious, upset, angry all at once. I could not understand how you could create this beautiful studio suite and then put a heating/air conditioning unit outside of it. I didn't even sleep in the bed, I slept on the couch w/ a pillow. I got to meet Latisha the next morning and shared my evening experience and right away she comp our room. The breakfast was good, the exercise room was well maintained, I didn't utilize the pool, but it looked clean and comfortable. Except for the one young ady at 10:00 pm with the rude and disrespectful attitude the hotel was a delight. I would suggest to stay away from suite 102. We will be traveling to Ozard the next two years for the SIAC tourament and will definently stay at Hampton Inn Ozark but perhaps suite 101 instead.

Room Tip: If you want a suite just avoid room 102, It has the heating/air conditioning unit outside the window...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Batesville, Arkansas
Reviewed March 24, 2012

This hotel appeared to be new inside and out. The room was very clean and spacious and the beds very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and courteous. The complimentary breakfast was good and there was plenty of space to eat. There is an outdoor swimming pool which is handicap accessible.

A very nice place to stay and I will be staying there again in June 2012.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Arlington, Virginia, USA
Reviewed January 3, 2012

If you're reading this review, then you already know that hotel options are very limited in Ozark, AL. That said, the Hampton Inn is definitely worth checking out. I found it to be new and clean, which is more than can be said for some of the older hotels in Ozark where I have stayed previously. The beds were comfortable, and the included breakfast had plenty of options.

I would give this hotel 5 stars except I found the sound-proofing between rooms to be totally inadequate. I heard an entire conversation from an adjacent room over the sound of the television! But compared to what I'm used to... this is 5-star by Ozark standards, just bring a white noise machine to drown out your neighbors conversation!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I booked a room at this Hotel for 2 nights. I am a Hilton Honors Gold member and stay in many Hamptons. This one was one to remember. After I booked my reservation I contacted the property to see if I could check in around 11 am. They said yes and as I Gold member I requested a room upgrade the girl Jessica was very nice and assigned me a room and it was upgraded to a king suite. The next day I arrive at the property at about 11am. I was told the room was not ready and I would have to wait till around 1pm. When I returned a lady named Angie was working the front desk I was told rather rudly that I could not have the upgraded room unless I paid additional for it. I explained that Gold and Diamond member receive upgrades. She contacted the front desk manager Franse and she said No I could not get the room upgraded. I was given a standard king room. After arriving in the room I noticed my water and snack had not been placed in my room. I went to the front desk and asked about it. Angie was rather rude and acted like she didnt want to give it to me but did. One of the Housekeepers Megan said to me well theres other Hamptons if your not happy here then maybe you should leave and go somewhere else. I had never been treated so rudely at any Hampton property as this one. On the last night of my stay around 11pm the hotel had a popwer outage for about 2 hours. I debated on staying at this property after reading a review from a Diamond member that was treated rudely but I gave the hotel the benifit of the doubt. But my experience was rather the same with the rude staff. I feel that it doesnt matter what level of Hilton membership you have it dont matter to this property. Latasha and Jessica was very nice if the rest of the staff had there attitudes this hotel would get 5 stars. But the hotel is nice rooms are fairly clean but a bit smaller than other Hamptons that I have stayed at. If your looking for a great Hotel experience I would recomment staying somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Chris G
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I stayed at this property off and on since they opened up. The staff is always cleaning up and fresh coffee is always out on each shift. Whenever I check in I am always greeted by my name which makes me feel very welcome as this is my home away from home. I recall during each visit they call me in my room to find out how my stay with them were. Angela, David and Frances make my trip wonderful there and I cant wait to see these guys again in a few weeks! Keep up the good work

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Everything about this place is great - the gym was bettter than some big hotesl...seriously...lots of cardio. Breakfast area tremendous. As it's new - the rooms were really nice. I have one knock on the place - the carpets in the public areas were filthy. Some looked stained - and there was lots of crud...not int he room...just in the hallways. But this place is a home run. In general, Hamptons seem old. This was as nice as a new Fairfield - which in my opinion are much better than Hampton.

Room Tip: if you have hilton honors 7,500 points is all that is needed - as you know from hilton honors, that...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelManSouth
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ozark
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ozark
Baymont Inn & Suites Ozark
Hampton Inn Enterprise
Hampton Inn Enterprise
#1 of 8 in Enterprise
Hampton Inn & Suites Dothan
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dothan
Candlewood Suites Enterprise

Been to Hampton Inn Ozark? Share your experiences!