“Room was nice but amenities were lacking”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ozark
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Ozark
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I booked this hotel while working in Troy, Alabama. The room was far better than what my friends stayed in in Troy, but there were a couple of things that disappointed me.
The air conditioning did not cool the room. Fortunately, it is fall and not so hot, but the room never cooled down even though I tried several different options to get it working.
Also, the wireless internet is unbelievably slow and spotty.
The room itself was clean and roomy...similar in design to Hyatt Place and Springhill Suites but not as posh.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Suite for a few dollars more. The rooms are a lot more roomy than your normal hotel r...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 9, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Terese W
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I was with a small group, 5 ppl, and our rooms were to small to get together to visit, nor could we do it in the lobby. We did to go a McDonalds and have milkshakes while we had the space to sit and visit. Individually there was nowhere to sit comfortably in our rooms. One hard desk chair or the bed were our only options to sit. No comfort there.I too had to ask for the microwave and a fridge as there was none in my room upon checking in, nor was there any coffee pot. Bed was excellent for sleeping. I had a H/C room and there was no lip on the shower, unlike the picture of the handicap bathroom and the floor didn't slope to the drain so I flooded the bathroom. Felt embarrassed that I had to call the front desk for help but they were just great to assist me. I must say the staff was exceptionally helpful, they would go out of their way to assist me. I too enjoyed watching the cows grazing out in the pasture. All in all this was a great place to stay. Peaceful and quiet at night so no interrupted sleep. Thanks Ms Pam for your smile and for being so helpful.

Room Tip: See the cows on the pool side of the hotel. Great if you're traveling with small kids. Also outd...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Maura B
Reviewed October 6, 2013

this place was a perfect place to stay. i have not one negative comment to say. i loved the rooms, the price, the pool, the basketball court, & especially the cows in the back. i even loved the complimentary breakfast every morning. the staff was also very friendly. & the place was clean. if i ever need to rent a room in the area again, it would be there !

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica K
Reviewed September 30, 2013

this hotel is very nice, we stayed there for night while going to see my son at Ft Rucker. it was very nice, the staff was super and very helpful. we arrived late and everyone was so nice,. the staff pam and derrick helped my son pull off a little surprise for his girlfriend, the workout room was very nice and the breakfast was great too and I will stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ccreech
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Pretty Good! However, I was unable to get wi-fi with my I-pad, after trying several times. Also, the room had roaches, and the floor was not vacuumed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ozark
Best Western Plus Circle Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Dothan
Hampton Inn Enterprise
Hampton Inn Enterprise
#1 of 8 in Enterprise

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ozark? Share your experiences!