“Quiet, Great Bed!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Oxford
Macon, Georgia
“Quiet, Great Bed!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Very quiet, clean, soft bed and pillows. Staff was very friendly at front desk and housekeeping was also very kind. We will definitely stay here again. We ate at the Mellow Mushroom which was great and the Applebee's was also very good, and close by.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Linda0860, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Oxford, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Cwann2000,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. We endeavor to give all our guests the best in service and accommodations and we appreciate your compliments. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you here again.

Linda Taylor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Madison, AL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

As of July 2013, it's been around a year since this Comfort Inn was refurnished/remodeled. I stayed in room 201, which is one of the closest 2nd floor rooms to the lobby, by distance.

Internet via WiFi was great. I was getting around 4-6 Mbps download and 2-4 Mbps upload. The internet did not cut out any during my entire stay. I should say that I was on the internet playing games, after work for the day was done, until dinner, and then until bedtime.

The cleanliness was okay. My toilet seat was extremely loose, but I tightened it no problem.

The bed was comfy for this price range hotel. The selection of pillows was great as well.

The Air Conditioning unit is one of those you may find at a dorm. It's built into the wall, under the window. I like it nice and cold in there, which A/C complied to give me.

---------------

This sounds good, don't you think? Sure. Until you include the staff.

The Manager is a lady named Linda. There is a somewhat new (1-2 months) cleaning lady named Nikki. One day, she cleaned my room, and things went missing. It was a small bottle of cologne and headphones connected to another attachment. When I came back from work that day, I didn't immediately check for those items, but eventually noticed they were missing. I checked every nook and cranny of the room, as well as my own bags. The headphones were gone, but the attachment was still sitting on the night stand, along with other cables that I left there.

The Manager, Linda, could only take Nikki's word that she didn't know anything about the headphones or cologne. I am back at my normal location for work and have rechecked all my belongings. I am 100% positive Nikki stole them, but what can you do, when the hotel isn't liable for anything you leave in the room?

I think I wouldn't mind staying in that hotel again. However, I'd lock up everything next time I guess, including toiletries apparently. It's pathetic someone would steal such small (but daily-used) items..

Room Tip: Get a room close to the lobby for maximum chance of good internet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank STEVEN B
Linda0860, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Oxford, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear StevenB,

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience here. I want to again personally apologize for the frustration you experienced due to the actions of one of our staff members. I want to assure you that we take the security of our guests and their items very seriously here, and as such Nikky is no longer employed with us. I appreciate you stating that you are willing to stay with us again and want to assure you that Nikky's actions were not typical of our staff members.
I would like to thank you for your compliments about our internet service, as well as, our air conditioning units.
I would like to again thank you for your comments about our hotel. Your comments will help us to improve the overall experience for our current and future guests

Linda

Travelers are raving about these Oxford hotels

Marshville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed overnight on a return trip from Memphis. We were treated very nicely by all the staff. When we left we could not find our GPS, searched and searched, and finally left not knowing what happened. About 7 miles down the road we received a call, the housekeeper, Elizabeth, had searched again and found it under a pillow on the couch! I had already spoken to Elizabeth outside the room about our trip to Memphis, she was so warm and friendly even before all this happened. The room was spacious and very clean. The breakfast more than you usually find, with sausage and egg to have with an English muffin or biscuit. Everything was to our liking, especially the fact that the housekeeper went above and beyond the call of duty after we left and found our missing GPS and had the front desk call us quickly.

Room Tip: We had a king non-smoking room which had a couch and plenty of space.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Linda0860, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Oxford, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Ronald,
I want to Thank you for taking the time to post your review. As a manager I love to hear when one of our staff members makes such a positive impression on a guest. It really meant a lot to Elizabeth to hear your kind words. Again, thank you for taking the time to acknowledge Elizabeth and our hotel!
Oxford, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

The young man behind the counter was more then helpful and good looking to boot...housekeepers were very warm to all my family with stayed in the same hotel and all had the same to say about our stay....

Room Tip: close to the large pool
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Millbrook
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

On March 19, 2013 the manager (an Indian man) at this hotel was very rude to me when I arrive with a discount coupon for a one night stay. He said there was no room available for the coupon and I was ok with that, but when I asked for a quote on a government rate which I was in town doing business for, he loudly and rudely quoted the rate (which by the way would have been an acceptable and reasonable rate). Because of the attitude and the rude behavior I bid him a good day and left. I'm sorry but you simply do not treat your potential customers in that manner, especially if you are the MANAGER!!
He should be fired! I will never again attempt to stay at another "Comfort Inn" ever again.
My advice to this man is... If you do not want to honor those coupons, then discontinue posting them in the coupon books!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Lwwmontgomery
Taylorsville, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

As truckers that deliver to the near by Army depot , we choose to stay at this motel when we are in the area, because they do allow pets,for a fee, and it is within walkng distance to a Walmart and several eating establishments. The staff here is great.
There is plenty of room to walk the dogs nearby. Because of our crazy schedule we haven't had the breakfast much, but it seems to be one of the better free breakfast locations of the motels we stay at. The location is a little strange and the Motel 6 across the street seems to attract some questionable activities, but once you get in the room it is not a factor. Our rooms have always been clean and have a small fridge and microwave.Last time we were there, they had a new washing machine. It only takes the new HR detergent, which we got from the front desk, But it worked great.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are on the west side, it gets pretty hot in the afternoon.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed here and had the room with two standard beds. The beds were very small for two adults and were very unstable. If someone moved on the bed, the other person did too. I do not recommend the beds. The appearance is typical of this type of hotel, the design of the room was not too bad. The room had a frig and a microwave in it. Overall, the hotel was a good deal for the price we paid. Also, the hot breakfast was delicious and filled us up.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family