“Excellent”

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Oxford
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We arrived at 4am after waking up 18 hours earlier in Kansas. Needless to say it had been a long day and I had to be back at work the next day 2 hours SE of this place, I also had virtually no expectations just wanted to sleeo, but this place was very nice, cheap, and right off the interstate, great location near everything, nice clean rooms. Perfect place to crash.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Don't pass by this deal. You will find the Econo lodge in Oxford AL to be of excellent value. Plenty of room large beds, couch, fridge and microwave. The rooms are always clean and the service is excellent. I highly recommend staying here. Great location with shopping and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed September 2013
Brookhaven, Mississippi, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Room wasn't great bathroom was dirty, carpet was dirty and ripped up, bed was clean and comfortable, pieces of base board missing, staff was friendly, and the pool was locked so no swimming on a hot day. Place was cheap so for one night not so bad. Communication was a little difficult between the man own and my husband when he call to ask where the truck parking was located the man just kept say yes and didn't understand what my husband was asking. The girl that checked us in spoke very well. Few different things for bf waffles, cereal, pastries, bagels, milk, & juice.

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We can not express enough how friendly and helpful the staff was!! Very clean delux room, wonderful breakfast area and pool. We visit alabama often and will definatly be returning to this hotel in the future. Thanks econolodge staff! We enjoyed our stay :)

• Stayed July 2013
Lakeview, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I'll admit I am a hotel snob. I have checked into a hotel room, walked in and turned around, walked out, and asked for my money back. So, when we were staying in Oxford for the weekend for some church events, I was skeptical, but trusted Trip Advisor's "best value" and all the reviews. Let me say it exceeded my expectations. For $102 for TWO nights, we had an immaculately clean, king sized, non smoking room with fridge, microwave, and HDTV. What a great value!!!!!! We will definitely stay here again and request room #106.

Breakfast was just okay. No hot foods other than waffle. Grits and oatmeal packets, some bread for toasting, and a couple of pastry choices. Two kinds of cereal. Juice and coffee. No fresh fruit. No yogurt. No muffins. But, for what you save on the hotel room you can buy breakfast at Waffle House across the street.

Room Tip: We had room 106 and would request it again.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
McGraw, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have been staying at this Econo Lodge for 2 months every year for the past 5 years. The staff is friendly and very helpful with all questions about the area and the property. The rooms are very clean and well taken care of with micro and fridg. The pool is safe and clean. And its just off I 20 exit 185 in Oxford. Many restuarants within 3 miles. My overall experience is very good and I will continue to book my future stays here at the Econo Logde in Oxford, AL. After all who needs to spend the higher prices for a clean comfortable room when you can stay here.
Ed Rogers

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Roswell
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We popped in on family at the last minute so we booked a room on a walk in basis on a Thursday. Check in was great. The staff was very professional and friendly.

Once we got in the room, I quickly determined this had to be the CLEANEST hotel room I've ever stayed; as clean or cleaner as higher end hotels. I'm not kidding, the place was spotless.

I would rate the breakfast above average for the grab and go free breakfasts. Waffles, sweets, etc but also fresh fruit! The breakfast area was very clean.

It might be a little different on a race weekend or event weekend; I have not read many of the other reviews. However, my gut tells me their standards to not waver no matter the weekend.

The only downside was the construction on 21 but they are ALWAYS working on that road it seems when we come visit family!

Room Tip: ask to see a room before you confirm a transaction (for any hotel).
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family