“great desk clerk” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Oxford
Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
“great desk clerk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

nicest clerk i have ran into in along time,went out of her way too answer my questions and to check us into our two rooms,a peaceful motel clean rooms,w/fridge & microwave,close too all eating places from fast food,waffle house and steak houses,only bad thing was they ran out of wash cloths and hand towels for my second day and maid didn't leave keys to get any,lucky i always carry my own just in case but will stay again if in oxford and towels were soft

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Mansfield, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2010

Traveling to North Carolina for Christmas. Stayed one night and that was one night too many. Room was said to have been recently remodeled. That wasn't the way we found it. Little or no hot water, beds were broken down, A/C unit control knobs had to be shaken to make unit come on even then temperture was impossible to control. Commode was loose and would move around when sat on. Security latch on door was coming off and I doubt that it would have kept anything out. All in all even discounted I would never stay there again. The deceptions were endless don't stop here please.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Oxford hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2010

I've stayed there on three separate occasions in the past few months for work. First time was a early evening checking and I had no problems. Service was fine, rooms clean. Both other times I checked in, on a Saturday night, just after midnight. Both times my "reserved"
room was not available. Had to take a full size bed one time and a smoking room the next. I even put " late check in" on my reservation. May try one more time and then that's it. There are plenty of hotels in the area who will honor my reservation.

• Stayed September 2010
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Mexia, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2010

Booked the room & was told it was a smoking room. Went into the room & it was a NON smoking room. Told the front desk & was told that "We're renovating that room, it is a smoking room in the system." Room was under construction, all the furniture was shoved in a corner with a big empty space by the a/c unit. There were FLEAS in the carpet!!! The carpet was also chewed and pulled up by the bathroom. The room smelled musty, like it had standing water in it. Told the lady, Sonja, at the front desk & she just wanted me out the door QUICKLY. Asked if I wanted a receipt & I said yes. I then looked at my receipt & the room was a NON SMOKING room. I explained what happened the night before with the smoking/non smoking issue & she wanted to know who checked me in. Told her and then she just brushed me off & told me to have a nice day. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE. I will never stay at another Baymont Inn & Suites.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
elijahray, Manager at Super 8 Oxford, responded to this review, September 17, 2010
Thank you for your feedback, we apologize that you did not receive the correct room type upon check-in. We have taken steps to handle all the issues you listed. If you are ever in the area again please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

After being on the road for several hours my family and I stopped at the Baymont Inn & Suites in Oxford Alabama exit 185. Being tired and my children exhausted we wanted to get a good nights rest before leaving early the next morning. As we slowly walked to the front entrance we was greeted by the Maintenance man and surprisingly he opened the doors and asked us how was our trip. After reaching the front desk the Agent greeted us, introduced herself and also inquired about our trip on the road. The Front Desk Agent also noticed one of my children being fussy and tired. She talked to her and offered her some fresh baked cookies along with milk. What a surprise! After explaining the ammenities before the rate she offered to check us in. After settling into our room she called to make sure we was okay.

offered to

Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank msmills_1959
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2009

i stayed there and the place is very good.. the breakfast was excellant the staff was very friendly and the breakfast lady very talkative but sweet the rooms were good the cleaning ladies all though they cant speak english they seemed to be pretty nice maintaince man he is cool i liked him very friendly.. .me and my partner stayed there very friendly place the guy that works the front desk counter blonde hair glasses i think his name charles or somthing i dont remember very nice guy likes to talk a bit but i guess that whats promotes good buisness is a friendly smile and a good conversation and the young lady that works the front desk long brown hair she is sweet.... very friendly i would reccomend this hotel to friends and family... the beds were comfortable even though its a generally older hotel but the staff makes up for the rest just stay there you will see what i mean

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2009

The hotel is a typical older hotel. You can easily see where it used to be a Hampton Inn by the painted over room number plaques on the guestroom doors. There is Interstate noise but I wanted to be close to the interstate. It's across the street from a WalMart so traffic can be tricky, but there are 9 restaurants within walking distance.

The room was larger than I'm used to especially since I used Priceline. Wireless, bathroom and tv worked well. Pool area looked nice, but it was closed for winter.

You can tell this is an Indian owned hotel by the amenities offered but thankfully the owners are never there. The staff makes up for that very well. The breakfast lady is great to talk with and the manager came and talked to me as well. I'm sure he was trying to get my company information to get more business, but he was nice about it.

Excellent place for business travelors and 20 minutes away from the race track fof the Nascar fans.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business