“Will Definitely Revisit This Inn!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Anniston Oxford
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Oxford
Clemson, South Carolina
“Will Definitely Revisit This Inn!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

As far as Marriott properties go, this one had the look and feel of a Courtyard by Marriott vs. a Fairfield Inn and Suites. The lobby was well decorated and clean; the desk attendant was cordial and extremely accommodating. The rooms were also extremely clean with comfortable bed. No problems with WiFi, etc. I can't comment on the breakfast but supposedly it's offers the full fare. Will definitely use this inn as a bivouac/stop-over in the future!

Room Tip: I had a room facing away from the Interstate and didn't detect any excess noise. Maybe suggest...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Lebo W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

I had to stay here for over a week and it was truly a great experience.

From the moment I walked in the door, the staff were all smiling and willing to help with anything I needed. I had to ask the fresk desk associates to fax documents for me multiples times and also pick up packages for me. They always did exactly what they said they would and had everything waiting for me. I asked them for suggestions on where to eat, shop, and drink numerous times and they always had a great response and gave me good directions. Every day housekeeping had been in my room to tidy up, but never messed with any of my things. The one day I got to sleep in, they respected my do not disturb sign, which is rare! Breakfast was always great and the hotel is nestled right in the middle of plenty of places to eat (fast food AND sit down) and there is also a large shopping center less than a mile away.

All in all, it was a better than expected trip, and I will definitely be staying here again when I return to Oxford/Anniston!!

Room Tip: Get a room on the side facing opposite the highway!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

I would NOT recommend this property! The rooms are NOT clean; our room had red / brown "stuff" smudged on the bathroom door, door frame, light cover and wall. The concern was brought to the attention of the staff. Housekeeping wiped the door, however, they did NOT clean the other areas brought to their attention. A call was requested from the manager; the front desk staff stated we would receive a call by 9 a.m. At 12:30 we had not been contacted by the management and contacted the hotel. The female at the front desk was rude and belligerent. We contacted the sister property in an effort to speak to the manager of the property (she manages both properties). We did speak with her, she was borderline rude. She said she would contact the owner and call us back. Several hours later, the owner called and stated they passed the Health Inspection and we were harassing her staff. My husband tried to explain to her we frequently stay at Marriott properties and have NEVER had a problem before. She said we could contact corporate and hung up on him.
In addition to a concern with cleanliness, safety is a concern. The door to the stairwell did not lock, therefore, anyone could enter the property without going thru the Lobby. Wallpaper is thumbtacked to the wall and carpet is screwed to the stairs.
This property does NOT meet Marriott standards. The property is very similar to an EXTENDED STAY property. This hotel is a FRANCHISE of Marriott.... I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND this property to anyone!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank UnhappyTraveler609
Birmingham,Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Stayed here for a day for a getaway. The hotel was clean and amazing. Breakfast was good and the hotel is centrally located so there are alotta places to eat nearby. Area seemed safe and I had no worries going back and fourth to my car late at night.

The front desk staff was smiling and friendly and helped me get book y room with points right at the counter. At a cost of 7500 Marriot points, it was well worth it. I booked a 2 queen room which had more than enough space for me and my guests and every thing was clean and well thought about.

Housekeeping actually obeyed my do not disturb sign even though I heard them next door cleaning up. When I came out, they greeted me and then made sure I had everything upon leaving. I highly recommend this hotel if staying in the Oxford-Anniston area. You will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
TN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

I cannot recommend this property.
The toilet had hairs as can be seen in the pictures.
Too much of an icky factor to come back.
There is no reason for this to happen.
It makes one wonder about the rest of the room's cleanliness.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Phaser
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed for a motorcycle convention for three days. Hotel well located just off the interstate with variety of restaurants within walking distance. Plenty of outside lighting for safety. Staff was very friendly, well dressed, and really wanted to make our stay as comfortable as possible. Had small snack section in lobby. Hotel was very clean. The room (king sized bed) had lots of space. Closet, work desk & chair, couch with foldout bed, coffee table and bed side tables. It had a small fridge, microwave, hair dryer, and plenty of lighting. It has a small gym, and swimming pool plus a guest laundry room with supplies at the front desk. Morning breakfast isn't bad but not great either. Some food was a little tough & or cold when it should have been hot. Overall a great stay, sleep like a baby.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank crimedog1989
Roseville, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Good choice for the Anniston area. Hotel is close to a number of nice restaurants, a supermarket and shopping center. The rooms are clean. Exercise room is small but clean and equipment is in good condition. Staff members were very polite.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business