“Great - especially for the money”

Courtyard Anniston Oxford
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Oxford
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great - especially for the money”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I had a great corporate rate which included a bistro breakfast. Room was nice and clean with plenty of room. Food at bistro was very good for breakfast. Brewed Starbucks coffee which was also nice. All in all, a very solid place. I had a room away from the interstate which a regular traveler suggested to me was important for noise. My room was quiet, so I'd ask for this type of room.

Room Tip: Pick a room away from the interstate side if possible.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Hendersonville
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I was taking my grandkids back to their parents. We met in the middle in Anniston at this Courtyard as we often do. It's not easy to travel alone with little ones especially when you haven't raised kids in over 30 years. Well, the hotel staff was exceptional--interested in the children, going out of their way to help. Special thanks to Wendy, Barbara and Frank as well as the am Bistro team (whose names I missed).

• Stayed August 2013
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I love Courtyard hotels! The decor is fresh and colorful, creating an oasis from the monotony of interstate travel the moment you arrive. The rooms feel like a modern, comfortable apartment rather than simply another hotel room. The bistro is a welcoming gathering place for a glass of wine or simple dinner that's fresh and healthy. I especially love the breakfast - cooked to order , with choices of healthful items, instead of sugary cereal and lukewarm scrambled "eggs" available at those "free" breakfast places. (IMO you get what you pay for at those places, which are more suited to traveling soccer teams than discriminating adults.)

This particular stay included a very helpful desk clerk who handled our discount with ease and friendliness. I would definitely choose Courtyard again, and have, several times!

Room Tip: All are suites with a nice living area, as well as an armoire, desk, and sumptuous, comfortable bed.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed 7 nights at this hotel. Check in was smooth and the staff was pleasant to talk with. Housekeeping was also good and the pool area and exercise room kept clean. I was on the top floor facing away from the interstate so very little noise was heard. The room was a cookie cutter Marriott. The location is great and there are plenty of food chains near by and within walking distance. Slept well and the mattress was a little softer. Room also had a mini fridge and microwave. Lobby and the bistro all seem newer and well kept. This is better than the fairfield that I stayed at last time in the area. So you will have to choose whether your free breakfast outweighs quality sleep. Video on youtube channel. Thanks for reading.

RetiredArmyRANGER

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the interstate for a quieter nights rest.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank WHDSM-Owner
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Very nice and spacious room. Comfortable bed. TV options are great with a lot of paid options also. Beautiful entrance and decor. Pleasant staff that was able to get me in when my reservation had been accidentally cancelled. Great restaurant options within walking distance. Conveniently located just off the interstate.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ft payne
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was visiting with my granddaughter, my best friend and her children. The room was very clean. Not enough towels, even though they knew there were going to be 5 of us.
We took the kids to the pool. No pool towels. It was only 3 pm. Only 2 others were in the pool. I had to ask for pool towels. The kids in the pool, Adults headed for the "hot tub" (this was the whole reason for the visit) the water was so dirty it looked like someone had used it for a bathtub after playing in the dirt pile. Very disappointed in the cleanliness of the hot tub water and the walls of the hot tub. Dark brown. Breakfast was ok, but not what I considered a Hot Breakfast. Breakfast Burritos.
I left a charger plugged in at the room. I called as soon as I got home. 1 1/2 hrs later The night manager told me to call back in the morning. By morning no one knew anything about it. The Day manager said it wasn't there. I know it was left there, because the kids were playing with the tablet as I started walking out the door I called to them to get the tablet. I didn't realize they had it plugged in.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We arrived after a 12 hour day with 2 hours spent in Atlanta traffic sitting still in pouring rain. We were exhausted and our nerves were frazzled. We walked up to the check in desk, gave our name and the clerk handed us our keys and told us where to find our room.

It was heaven! Clean, modern, and ready for us.

Great eating places all close by (we walked to dinner after being in the car all day).

Will gladly stay again.