“Great location, friendly staff, but not service was not great!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Oxford - Anniston

La Quinta Inn & Suites Oxford - Anniston
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Oxford
Brandon, Mississippi
“Great location, friendly staff, but not service was not great!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

As soon as I checked into my room, I heard the smoke alarm beeping (low battery ). I called the front desk and was moved to a different room. no one had a replacement battery. The fridge in the new room made a continuously obnoxious noise, so I finally just unplugged it. When looking in the fridge I found mold in there! Yuk! The bed was comfortable, and breakfast the following morning was just ok. There is no one available in the breakfast area.... We stayed in there for a long time and never saw an employee. No one to wipe tables, replenish good items, etc. After breakfast, we were ready to check out and never could find anyone at the front desk! I waited and waited, then finally just LEFT! With all the hotels in this area, I will definitely choose a different one next time!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Margaret P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Bluffton, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Located about an hour west of Birmingham and 90 minutes east of Atlanta. Not new, but well-maintained property has clean, comfortable rooms. Our third floor two queen accessible room had a large area of empty floor space towards the window with no lighting. Room is too dark. Put in a chair or two and add some lamps.

Unlike many accessible rooms, this one had a great shower head with good hot water and good pressure.

Breakfast was fine, but Oxford hasn't gotten the Carlson corporate word yet about using real china and glass. Still using styrofoam. However, Krispy Kreme doughnuts (not found in my other recent County Inn stays) makes up for that.

All things said, great value.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Falls Church, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Once again, a lower cost hotel that exceeded my expectations. Stayed here for business and got a super low rate, under $70/night with breakfast. The room was large with 2 queen beds, small fridge, microwave, and desk. The heat was a bit hard to control, it got really hot unless i had the AC on a a warmer setting, but otherwise no complaints about the room. Bathroom was also large and clean and lots of counter space.

Breakfast was ok. The first day the variety was good, but it changed on the second day and there were not a lot of vegetarian or healthy options. I did ask for oatmeal and got some though even though it wasn't out (note the breakfast woman was a bit surly). Overall, breakfast is very basic, but not bad. There is a starbucks nearby one exit down if you are looking for something a bit more upscale.

The guy at the front desk was extremely friendly, nice, and helpful. He helped us find a local resturant with an excellent higher end menu and wine selection. It had a number of vegetarian options. He definitely went out of his way to print out menus and directions for us. Nearby there is a mexican resturant you can walk to which had good chips and salsa. Other fast food places are nearby and within walking distance. The hotel is located with a number of other hotels and seemed like safe location off the highway. The hotel was clean, nicely decorated for the holidays, and felt very homey. Of course, the free cookies help too :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

I was very happy with my stay. The staff is friendly the beds are comfortable and the breakfast has a lot to chose from. I would stay here again. I used the pool and hot tube very relaxing. The short fat guy at the desk was very knowledgeable about the area and very helpful about good places to eat.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Front D, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Oxford - Anniston, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thanks for your review and we hope you enjoyed your stay. That was I'm guessing Destin behind the desk (if had on glasses and was a bit shorter then it was). I'll be sure to pass this on to him. We hope you stay again!
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

Checked in a bit late but the guy behind the desk (Dustin I think) was incredibly nice. Gave us a great rate and the room was good. We got the room that had two queen beds in it (wish I would have tried out the suites) but the beds slept good and the room was very clean. We had a bit of breakfast in the morning and was on our way. Very nice people and a good clean room make for a good stay.

Room Tip: If it's just you and your honey pop for the suite.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind words, I'll let Destin know that he got another good review.
Make sure to stay with us again if you travel back through.
Canton, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Woke up to see something crawling in my bed. There were also streaks of blood on my sheets that were not there when I went to sleep. Pulled back the matress to find multiple bed bugs. I caught one under a cup a kept it there until management came up to my room. I was told they had some problems a few weeks ago and they thought they checked every room. WRONG! Do not stay here, there are unresolved bed bug problems.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank smcollett
Front D, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Oxford - Anniston, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Once again I'd like to apologize to the guest...as he noted I did tell him that we had some previous guests unfortunately bring some pests in with them. I am the one that dealt with the guest that morning..I comped the room and also gave him cash for him his laundry bill as well. Incidents like this we wish did not happen, but we can't verify every guest that stays with us previous accommodations. Both of the rooms in question have been taken out of service and attended to by our Pest Control professionals who this week gave the rooms an all clear...we will keep them out of service for the next 2 weeks to verify. I urge anyone that might see this review to understand that this is an aberration..a one time unfortunate incident that has been handled and dealt with.
Seneca, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I would be giving a much higher overall rating other than the problem with the matress. This was our 2nd visit and because our 1st visit was so good we stopped in again heading back home from a Christmas visit in Alabama. We were checked into room 123 which we found nice and clean and everything in order. The problem came after bedtime. The matress - a queen "pillowtop" was horrible. I travel often and sleep on a variety of matresses but this was the worst one I have ever paid to sleep on. After just a couple of hours, I found myself sitting on the side of the bed and watching TV since the bed was so unbearable to lay on. We actually checked out before 7 just to get out of the room and headed back home.

I did tell the person at the desk of my problem and he told me that all te queen matresses had just been changed out in the last year or so and that he had no other complaints but would check it out to see if maybe it had been damaged by kids jumping up and down on it or something else.

I would say based on my first visit, this was a nice place to stay at a good value. Based on my 2nd visit, I would say "STAY AWAY FROM ROOM 123" and maybe you would enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Beware of room 124 or perhaps any room claiming to have the "new" queen pillow top mattres...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Front D, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Oxford - Anniston, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Hello,
I was the gentleman you spoke to at the front desk. Per our discussion I did have housekeeping check out the bed afterwards. They did find an irregularity with the mattress and we have called to have it exchanged. Anytime that someone has an issue like that, in the middle of the night or not, we implore our guests to call the Front Desk and give us an opportunity to fix the issue if there is one that needs to be addressed. It's extremely difficult to do so after the fact. I apologize for your discomfort during your stay and hope that you'll stay with us again. Brian