“BIG IMPROVEMENT”

Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Oxford
Vicksburg, Mississippi
“BIG IMPROVEMENT”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My wife & I have stayed at this motel off & on for almost 8 years and the quality of the motel has improved over the years new paint furniture digital cable free enternet strong signals i like this motel because the staff is very attentive to your needs and it is located near a lot of places to eat and close to the Quintard Mall great place to stay for good price

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank nathan w

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Not the cleanest place I have stayed. Price was increased to $110 per night for Talladega weekend. Needed a lot of TLC to make an average room. Also our credit card was used fraudulently 4 days after check in.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Oxford hotels

OB, MS
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Okay, we were traveling from Atlanta back to Mississippi. I was traveling with 3 middle schoolers alone. I stopped and rented a room just for the night because the kids were all tired and cranky. The first room smelled and after being in there maybe 15 minutes I went and asked to switch rooms. They switched me to a King instead of a double so I had to ask to switch AGAIN. Finally, the 3rd room seemed to smell better and had double beds. So, after being in the room for maybe 30 minutes we notice there are gang reference on the wall in the closet. The kids immediately got scared and wanted to leave right then because of the gang grafitti. Well, I go to the office and explain that there is reference to the Bloods on the wall and the kids are all freaked and I just wanted a refund. She then preceeded to tell me that because we had been there over and hour (no, we had been there less than an hour) she could no refund us anything. I was furious and I would not suggest anyone going to this dump! Sorry I didn't look up the reviews on my cell phone before I wasted that $50.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Oxford, Alabama, United States
Reviewed November 23, 2012

worst motel in alabama gen. manager Dave got drunk and tried to pick fights with several guest and the maid tried to sell me shirts from another room.later ask for a ride to get beer. found crack pipes beside the sidewalk. oxford police was there three times in two hours . not a place for kids even if they have a pool. Told the owner the next day all he said was he would talk to them.Alot of bugs , mice and drugies knocking on the door at three a.m

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Glenn T
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed July 25, 2012

The room cost us $38 ($42 after tax I think). The bed was decent. The AC unit was quiet. There wasn't a lot of outside noise and the location was safe and close to the interstate and lots of restuarants. There was no sign of bed bugs or any other kind of bugs. Everything seemed clean enough. There was a coffee maker with all the supplies, a fridge,a microwave, and the TV had a good selection. The one staff member we met was very nice.

When I walked in I tried to close the shades all the way and the curtain frame fell down, but we were able to put it back up. The bathroom door wouldn't shut all the way unless you slammed it. We just needed a cheap room for the night and honestly I have stayed in a lot worse. I would stay here again if on the same budget restictions.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
alabama
Reviewed June 26, 2009

Worst part is that the bugs drove me out. Lately, I've been getting bit every time I go to sleep- at first I thought---coincidental, the bug bite discoveries--but it became very apparent what was going on. Oddly enough, with the onset of the bug problem came a staff member who will not get it through her head that....
That really annoys me! Needless to say, I have since changed venues!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank e2345678
Alabama
Reviewed February 14, 2008

WARNING:
Found syringes in the hotel room and broken glass in the bed.
Bathroom walls (of the individual rooms) had graffiti on the walls.
The smelled like a Assisted Living Facility.
Walls are so thin, you can smell what brand of soap the next door neighbor is using.
Stains on the walls and overhead lighting.

When we arrived they had Coffee Makers, but not coffee pots. No creamer, no sugar hardly.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank conejocontento