“Great service, delicious chicken, popular”
Review of Zaxby's

Zaxby's
Ranked #18 of 74 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: American
nashville
“Great service, delicious chicken, popular”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

hot, wide variety, staff able to and recommended substitutions

Visited January 2012

Birmingham,Alabama
“Good Food and chill atmosphere”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I eat here frequently and have never had a bad time. the food is a lil bit expensive for a fast food place but is good quality and beats cooking at home. Women behind the counter are always smiling and very helpful. I love the Zaxby sauce which is their signature sauce of course.

If you just want something different, just check them out and you can't go wrong.

• Visited December 2011
Jacksonville, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great lunch stop!”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Food and price are both good. Personal favorite is boneless wings meal. Regular on our lunch stops.

Jackson, Missouri
“You'll Just Love Zaxby's Raw Chicken Wings!”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

My college kid wanted to get some good wings, so we happened by the Zaxby's close to our hotel. This was our first visit to a Zaxby's. The outside signage and building architecture looked pretty cool, so we went for it. When we walked up to the door I knew we were already in trouble. The door handle, glass, brass, etc., were filthy. You know, so dirty you don't even want to touch it? Yeah. The floor inside wasn't any better. Just plain nasty...or was Zaxby's trying for a "shack" atmosphere? Who knows.

We ordered boneless wings, BBQ and HOT, along with my order of HOT regular wings, fries, with chocolate and vanilla shakes. The girls at the counter were really friendly, and we had some fun banter back and forth about how hot the wings really were. Nuclear? Really hot? Not. Anyway, the food arrived in a reasonable amount of time, and we dug in.

I noticed straight away that the wings were not really cooked in the sauce, but that the meat was cooked separately and then the sauce gets dumped on top and the wings stirred around in it. Hey, I could have done that at home, you know? So, the food was so-so. I hate it when the food items cost a little too much, and then don't deliver. This was the case here.

Meanwhile, I am eating the wings, and they are tolerable. The fries are great, and the chocolate shake is outstanding. But then I took a bite of one wing and it seemed, how should I say...out of character. I looked at the piece I was gnawing on - lotsa hot sauce, and lotsa red, bloody raw meat inside. Great. I'm done.

Of course, my appetite was gone. I immediately informed the girl "sweeping" the floor, and she said, typical teenager, "Ewwwwww!". No help there, so I went to the counter and showed the "manager". I told her, "You guys need to make sure you cook these wings properly", (my exact words). She took one look and said, "Ewwwwwwww!". And then she started to go back into the kitchen and re-cook the piece of chicken in question!! I told her I did not want it back, to throw it away, that I just wanted to show her the problem. Are people really this dumb? I guess there are a few.

Did I get an apology? Did I get an offer of another complimentary plate of wings? Did I get a discount on the meal? Did I get an offer of an entire refund? No, no, no, and hell no.

Will I ever, ever eat at a Zaxby's again? NO. I can get better wings at Sam's Club anyway.

• Visited October 2011
4 Thank TaulPaul
San Antonio, Texas
“Wings & Things Nuclear Style - GREAT TASTE HOT!”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

"What the heck is Zaxby's?" I said as I walked into this, what appears to be, southern fast-food Chicken eating place. From the appearance outside you think you are walking into a nice sit-down type restaurant. However, it is really just a glorified KFC in my opinion (IMO). But the thing that makes this business stand apart from KFC is the temp ratings of the sauce availability for all the different types of chicken items you can order. I chose to try the chicken wings and things with nuclear sauce and right away was told I am brave. I ate this well portioned plate under $10 and my lips were still burning about 45 minutes later back in the hotel. JUST HOW I LIKE IT! Great food, atmosphere and price! Check it out if your in the area!

• Visited October 2011