“Very good Hampton Inn - Excellent for Business”

Hampton Inn Oxford-Anniston
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Oxford
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed at this Hampton Inn for two nights in August. I was in town for business at Anniston Army Depot. The hotel was very good and the only issue was the AC cycling too much, fan not staying on and temperature swings. Couple of points on the below:

1) Food. Breakfast was better than average in most hotels in this class. Fresh fruit, waffle maker, hot protein (sausage, bacon, etc). Good selection of coffee as well. Staff was very nice. No issues at all. Standard cookies in the evening. During the week I was there, they had free dinner in the evenings (T, W, R) - lasagna, salad, etc. It goes quick and starts at 5 PM.

2) Room. The room setup was modern - lots of electrical outlets, flat screen TV, etc. I liked the work station in particular. The desk had a U-shape to it so you could set up a few electronics if you liked. Good desk chair too.

The AC made it uncomfortable to sleep at night. You'd start out a bit cool and then wake up sweating and hot. Since I'm a decade or two from menopause, it wasn't me. I'd turn on the wall thermostat controlled fan but it'd turn itself off. It didn't make much of a difference on or off though. Honestly, the temperature negatively affected the quality of sleep I had. I'd try this hotel again but if I had the same issue, I'd switch to another location. When doing 12 hour days, you need good sleep.

The bed was great as well. No complaints.

3) Wireless. No issues at all surfing the net, doing email, etc. Did not do a speed test or try streaming netflix so unsure of how this would work.

4) Cleanliness. No issues. A few stray hairs but that's ok. Hotel seems fairly new and I was surprised to see it was dog friendly. Looked great.

5) Location. Amazing! There are 3 - 4 restaurants (and real ones.. not subway) in walking distance and the bulk of the hotels are all located there. It makes meeting coworkers very easy. Recommend the restaurant Yume. Very good hibachi food and HUGE portions.

6) Staff. Always polite, seemed nice. No issues!

Room Tip: All seem fine.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Oxford-Anniston, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and sharing your comments. I'm sorry about the AC unit and hope you reported this to us so we can look into it and get it to work properly. Please let us know when you will be back so we can welcome you back and thank you in person.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Oxford-Anniston

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Very nice hotel with a great hotel manager and staff. Bent over backwards to assist our group with all of our needs. Very clean and very friendly. Being dog friendly also was a great benifit. One of the better hotels that I've stayed in in a long time. Close to several nice places to eat and shop. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Front located rooms might pick up a little more noise from I-20, but still not bad.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Thank you very much for making your very first TA review about your experience with us. We love what we do and want all our guests to be happy they decided to stay at our hotel. We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you here.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

The Hampton Inn at Oxford, Alabama offers large, clean rooms and the standard good Hamption Inn complimentary breakfast. Our room - which was the same price as all the others - was even equipped with a wet bar and a jacuzzi. Nice!

A two-minute stroll away is a nice selection of Southern, Texan, Japanese and Asian restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your recent visit and nice comments. I hope you will stay with us again and let us know how we can earn that 5th star from you!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

typical hampton inn. used as a stopover between memphis and south georgia. served its purpose being dog friendly although very picky where you can walk your dog. Breakfast was so-so even by Hampton standards. Only problem was the A/C cycled too much, felt too cold then hot in cycles during the night. great check in/out experience.. nice attention to my preference of room close to the elevator

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks for choosing us for your recent stopover, and for posting your comments. I'm sorry about the AC unit and offer my apologies. I hope you will give us another chance to earn your trust the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

this hampton sets in a wonderful place you can walk to 5 differnt places to eat and drive 5 mints to outher places to eat. theres 2 malls also thats 5 mints and wal mart is 10 mints so u can stay here never have to drive long time to do anything .i stayed in deluxe king room which was real nice and super quite they only 5% bad thing to me was the mattress it was not pillow top it was a normel firm mattress i am use to sleeping on a memory foam bed so it could be just me but that was it front desk was perfect worth the price

Room Tip: im a super light sleeper if u wont sleep in a quite room get the 4th floor coner room super quite di...
1  Thank stevenchadg72
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Oxford-Anniston, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your experience at our hotel. I'm sorry you weren't happy with the mattress, which is specified by Hampton, and know how important that is to your night's sleep. Please accept my apologies, and gratitude for your understanding. I'm glad you were happy with other aspects of your stay, and hope we can welcome you back here again soon.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

The lobby and the rooms were very clean. It is conveniently located to several restaurants within walking distance. The driving distance to Anniston Army Depot is reasonable. If you tried to stay closer, the quality of hotel would go down significantly. There is a lot of road construction on interstate 20 but the traffic seems to move steady.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Oxford-Anniston, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Thanks for choosing to stay with us, and for sharing your comments and rating here. I'm glad you were happy with the service and accommodations we provide, and hope we can welcome you back as our guest again the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

The staff and amenities are superior to anything available in the area between Atlanta and Birmingham. Highly recommend that you give them a shot the next time you travel. I stayed here while I was attending the Dale Jarrett Racing Adventure at the Talladega Superspeedway. They made the whole trip that much more comfortable!

Room Tip: Get one of the suites, they arent that much more expensive and definitely worth the price for the ex...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank thatracerguy
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to post your comments and nice recommendation about our hotel. It seems that pretty much everyone that spends any time at Talladega really enjoys the experience there. I'm glad you were happy with the accommodations and service we provide and hope we can welcome you back here again soon.