I stayed at this Hampton Inn for two nights in August. I was in town for business at Anniston Army Depot. The hotel was very good and the only issue was the AC cycling too much, fan not staying on and temperature swings. Couple of points on the below:
1) Food. Breakfast was better than average in most hotels in this class. Fresh fruit, waffle maker, hot protein (sausage, bacon, etc). Good selection of coffee as well. Staff was very nice. No issues at all. Standard cookies in the evening. During the week I was there, they had free dinner in the evenings (T, W, R) - lasagna, salad, etc. It goes quick and starts at 5 PM.
2) Room. The room setup was modern - lots of electrical outlets, flat screen TV, etc. I liked the work station in particular. The desk had a U-shape to it so you could set up a few electronics if you liked. Good desk chair too.
The AC made it uncomfortable to sleep at night. You'd start out a bit cool and then wake up sweating and hot. Since I'm a decade or two from menopause, it wasn't me. I'd turn on the wall thermostat controlled fan but it'd turn itself off. It didn't make much of a difference on or off though. Honestly, the temperature negatively affected the quality of sleep I had. I'd try this hotel again but if I had the same issue, I'd switch to another location. When doing 12 hour days, you need good sleep.
The bed was great as well. No complaints.
3) Wireless. No issues at all surfing the net, doing email, etc. Did not do a speed test or try streaming netflix so unsure of how this would work.
4) Cleanliness. No issues. A few stray hairs but that's ok. Hotel seems fairly new and I was surprised to see it was dog friendly. Looked great.
5) Location. Amazing! There are 3 - 4 restaurants (and real ones.. not subway) in walking distance and the bulk of the hotels are all located there. It makes meeting coworkers very easy. Recommend the restaurant Yume. Very good hibachi food and HUGE portions.
6) Staff. Always polite, seemed nice. No issues!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Oxford-Anniston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Oxford-Anniston Hotel Oxford
- Oxford Hampton Inn