“Would rather starve”

Applebee's
Ranked #28 of 75 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I'd go hungry before I'd eat at the Oxford, AL, Applebees. The hostess is as obnoxious as a human with a lousy job can be, and the staff there treats customers like victims. We had a problem with food prep there and asked for the manager. She is a spineless wimp who can't manage her staff, which is why we witnessed what we did. Won't go into it here. They tamper with food, OK? Lousy lousy people in Alabama if those people are any example. Plenty of options on I-20 nearby. Take the options!

1  Thank DineReview

Reviewed May 2, 2012

Again, chain restaurant - same thing you can expect anywhere. If this is one you like, you will be good

Reviewed December 30, 2011

I normally only come here for happy hour when there drinks and appetizers are half off. Its a great deal to end or begin a night. I usually come after a movie or sometimes just after a long day at work. I always enjoy myself especially on Karaoke nights. Its mostly crowded every time I come so sometimes you have to wait a bit for the food. Waiters and Waitresses are nice and most seem college aged. Food after happy hour is half off so for college students like myself it saves on the wallet.

If you need a place to just eat and relax come here after 9pm.

1  Thank KaptivatingTraveler
Reviewed April 10, 2011

Service was great but the food... ordrered the bourbon st steak rare,, the steak was perfect but the metal plate was so hot it finished cooking the steak and the vegetables.. the onions and mushrooms burned! had a bahama mama and they forgot it was suppose to have rum in it!

Reviewed September 4, 2009

Food was impeccable, can't complain. We got the new tight budget deal they're advertising and were stuffed. Somehow the waitress seemed to have a problem with us not getting drinks (hey, water is enough sometimes!). The place was extremely rowdy that night but don't go there expecting a romantic dinner anyway.

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!