“Like checking into Prison!!”
Review of Motel 6 Anniston

Motel 6 Anniston
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Oxford
San Angelo, Texas
“Like checking into Prison!!”
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I was on a long haul between Washington DC & Texas and decided to stay in this area as a good halfway point. I am usually always a fan of Motel 6 because of their pet policy (I usually have a small dog with me). While the room was average for a Motel 6, the location seemed real sketchy with lots of questionable characters walking around outside. My biggest sticking point was when I checked in the clerk started rattling off so much information regarding security such as "now over us is a security camera that will verify your identity...is this a correct drivers license?...I need to verify that this is the correct car plate number....etc etc" that I felt like I being booked at the local jail. I am a professional, clean cut teacher in my 30's so I didn't really feel like all that was necessary...though I guess a lot of times I guess that's what you get when you are staying at a budget hotel. I also thought the street layouts were a nightmare around the hotel trying to get to a restaurant, gas station, etc. Anyways, overall I guess you get what you pay for, however, I don't know if I would stay at this particular location again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Arkansas
Reviewed August 2, 2009

We stopped here for the night on our way to Charleston and it was awful. I didn't expect much, especially because of the low price, but what we got wasn't even worth the $30 we paid. I'm not convinced that the linens were clean, but I can't say for sure one way or another. The entire hotel was full, there were several loud rooms around us, and we slept very little. At about 1am, a car in the parking lot began blasting loud music, and the manager came out and started a shouting match with the vehicle owner. At about 2am, several cars left the hotel all at once, screeching their tires and honking their horns. There are several other hotels in this area, and I wish we had gotten our money back and gone somewhere else. We couldn't wait to leave.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Oxford hotels

Jonesboro, AR
Reviewed March 11, 2009

I pass through Oxford at least 5 or 6 times a year and always stay here. It's really a great little motel. The rooms are always clean and comfortable, and the rates are great. The staff is always super friendly as well.

If you want to use internet, be aware that only certain rooms have wireless and you have to request that room, and purchase a 24 hour wireless code for I think $3. No big deal when you're only paying 30-35 a night for a room.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
Newnan
Reviewed September 7, 2008

I normally stay at this inn when I'm in the Oxford/Anniston area. (which is 10-12 times a year). The inn was sold to different owners about a year ago and has gone down since. On my last stay on 9-5-08, I could not believe how dirty the carpet was. It was gross. The room smelled like vomit and a wet dog. There was a huge stain about 5' X 5' next to the bed. Who knows what that was. There was vomit and/or crap on the bathroom wall.
This very well may be that last stay at this inn.

Stayed September 2008
1 Thank AllenH
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed August 17, 2008

As I was driving from Myrtle Beach SC to Las Vegas, I wanted to be west of Atlanta for a traffic free morning, so my girlfriend and I decided to stay in Oxford, Alabama.

We arrived at the Motel 6 at roughly 7 p.m. with no reservation. The front desk clerk was very helpful and said he had a room available for $44 (As I'm from Ireland this worked out to be 30EUR, which was a shock!). I took the room and was trying to figure out why this room was so cheap, maybe the room was going to be hell on earth?!

To my surprise the room was very spacious, had a hairdryer and T.V., was very very clean and by the looks of things, was recently renovated or the motel is just built. There was one stain on the carpet by hey, no rooms are perfect!

• Liked — Cheap Cheap Cheap!
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Cashiers, NC
Reviewed January 6, 2008

I had booked another hotel for 2 nights. The Hotel was terrible and at the last minute I went to Motel 6. The room was spotlessly clean, nice furnishings, very nice and friendly front desk staff. For the money, this was a great deal!! Good location. Clean, Clean Clean!!!!

• Liked — Cleanliness, Value and staff
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rlejte
Kansas
Reviewed April 30, 2007

What a great vacation!!! As a Christmas present, I had bought my husband tickets to the Spring 2007 races at Talladega and was desperately trying to make travel arrangements that were reasonably priced. I did a ton of research on the track and bought tickets sitting high enough to see the back stretch. I booked airfare on AirTran - a direct flight from Wichita to Atlanta. I got an awesome deal on Hotwire for our rental car. I consider myself fortunate that I lucked into a room at the Motel 6 just a couple months before the races. The day of our trip, we got into Atlanta 20 minutes early and our luggage was already in baggage claim when we got there (AirTran...You ROCK!!) We picked up our rental car and headed to Oxford. We got into Oxford at about 1pm, and I was concerned about the check-in time. Clerk at the front desk was awesome! She checked us right in and gave us a quick verbal "tour" of the shops and services around us. Location is great!!! Within a 2 minute walk is a SubWay, an Awesome Ice Cream Parlor (not enough time to sample all 30+ flavors), a Super WalMart (great for all your needs!), McDonalds, another Subshop, Shoe Stores etc. It was GREAT! Motel 6 is right off the highway and only 10 miles from Talladega Speedway. The room was a good size and the beds were firm and comfortable. Maid service was organized and our room looked great everytime we got back, no matter what time of day. We wanted a nice steak dinner our last night in town to cap off the Nextel Cup Race and the young man at the front desk was enthusiastic with helping me find the right place. And his recommendation was outstanding - Longhorn Steakhouse will definitely get my repeat business. I will definitely plan on staying here again. Price was right and location was great!!

Trip home went as flawlessly as the trip out. Check in went smoothly and the flight got us in early again!. Thank you to all mentioned above for a fabulous time at the races!

• Liked — Location!!!
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple