“Convenient”
Review of Motel 6 Anniston

Motel 6 Anniston
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Oxford
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I suppose if we weren't looking for the least expensive motel in the area, we would not have stayed here. And yet the staff was friendly, the room was clean ('tho the room had a definite odor - not sure what) and my dog and I had a good night's rest.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Very convenient for Talladega Speedway...approx 20 minutes drive. 2 mins off I20. Staff were great. Place is quite "retro" (a kind word for dated) but for the price on race weekend it was fine and did the job. Clean and tidy, comfy beds however quite an overpowering smell of "mothballs" (insecticide?) on entry to room. Oxford seemed to be a group of petrol stations, fast food joints and a Walmart behind. Convenient anyhow. It has a pool which looked fine however I didnt make use of it

Room Tip: Good for Talladega Speedway. Standard collection of fast food, petrol stations nearby. Staff very fr...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank G6rby
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Hadn't stayed at this inn in a couple years because it had gotten bad. Thought I would give them another try. Mistake!. Filthy carpet. Bedding wore out. The room had a strong chemical odor. Bath room was clean but Towels smelled like cigarette smoke badly. Still charges $3 a day for internet. Just a little advise...Keep on looking.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I went for economy instead of Luxury" and was rewarded by getting both at the Anniston, Alabama Moyel 6. Very helpful check in as all smoking tooms were booked and we were allowd a Non Smoking room that would allow my wife to smoke with no penalty. The pool was very nice and just what I needed after driving in 90 degree temps. with a failed A/C blower motor. Price was very good, lodging was very good and breakfast was also comparable to some of the larger chains.

Room Tip: Call ahead and make reservations...........Very busy area,
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2013

very clean, staff was very friendly; had been traveling all day and was very sleepy and on a tight budget, so was very pleased that I overcame my trepidations and stopped here... they even comped internet access for me

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank uckbuck
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Im a very picky person. I was very nurvous about renting from Motel 6, because I thought it was going to be a dump. Most of the reviews I read made me worry even more. This Motel 6 WAS NOT as bad as I thought. When I walked in, I thought because it was cheep, it was going to stink and be dirty, but to my relief it was very clean and the beds were overall comfortable. I had 2 beds in a smokeing room. One bed was very comfortable but make alot of squeeking noises. I swaped beds and it was a little less comfy but didnt squeek while I was trying to fall asleep, so I was happy. The Bathroom was very clean. The only problem I had was the sink had very little water pressure. I stayed for 2 days and they did not come and clean my room between days. So there were no fresh towles for the shower after the first day. The front desk lady was very nice especialy with me checking in at 3am. She was a bit odd, but very friendly and very helpful. Over all I would reccomend staying, just be sure and ask for extra towels as you check-in lol

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed August 2, 2012

From Motel 6, I expect a reasonable price, a clean, comfortable room with bath and TV and a good cup of coffee the next morning; and I got it. The non-smoking room smelled of cigarette smoke; they changed it to another that didn't smell as bad. The staff was very accommodating, even warming my muffins in the staff microwave to go with the morning coffee. It was a pretty good value, and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Smell the room before you accept it.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business